or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 538

post #8056 of 10821
I was curious about that zip length, my beige one should be here sometime this week. You mean it just restricts your legs a little bit because of the length? Seems like it would be helped by a two way zip or some side vents if that's the case.
post #8057 of 10821
There is a two-way zip. I think the issue is just that it's tough initially because you have to reach down to the bottom of the coat practically.

I've often wished he used a little chunkier zips especially on outerwear but I can't say I've ever had one fail even after years of use. They're just ykk with a custom pull.
post #8058 of 10821
It's a combination of bad hardware and too long of a zipper. It feels like a cheap plastic zipper that is pretty much unusable (it took me over a minute to zip the first time I put the coat on). I took it to my tailor and he's going to replace it with a shorter metal two-way zipper icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8059 of 10821
My summer parka zipper failed. Still trying to decide what to do with it.

Actually it didn't fail me. It failed the guy in Japan who sold it to me on auction without mentioning that the zipper didn't work. Now it's just been sitting in my closet. I guess I need to have it replaced but I don't have a good tailor.
post #8060 of 10821
 
Originally Posted by AlexInExile View Post

It's a combination of bad hardware and too long of a zipper. It feels like a cheap plastic zipper that is pretty much unusable (it took me over a minute to zip the first time I put the coat on). I took it to my tailor and he's going to replace it with a shorter metal two-way zipper icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

see its funny that you say that because the cheap plastic uniqlo zippers that I've had for years haven't caused me to pause or ever failed me once

post #8061 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Actually it didn't fail me. It failed the guy in Japan who sold it to me on auction without mentioning that the zipper didn't work. Now it's just been sitting in my closet. I guess I need to have it replaced but I don't have a good tailor.

 

or you didn't realize "the sweet of zipper meat with less happiness" actually meant the zip was broke

post #8062 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInExile View Post

It's a combination of bad hardware and too long of a zipper. It feels like a cheap plastic zipper that is pretty much unusable (it took me over a minute to zip the first time I put the coat on). I took it to my tailor and he's going to replace it with a shorter metal two-way zipper icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pretty sure it's metal. Good to know this can be done though, let us know how it turns out.
post #8063 of 10821
I sized up on the muted stripe shirt, like I usually do for RG, and it was the right decision. The fabric is lightweight and really cool for a couple of reasons. The underside is actually the brighter side so it really is a little muted on the outside, which makes it nice and subtle. It also creates an interesting effect when worn unbuttoned because the underside flashes in contrast, sort of like the colorful lining of a coat that pops against the dark exterior when it drapes open. The other thing is that the color between the stripes looks like a dark solid in the photos but is actually two colors, blue and green, split down the middle.
post #8064 of 10821
Anybody want a pair of black type 3's in a size 34 NWT or some of the CP x RG beige chelseas in a 45 also unworn frown.giffrown.gif
post #8065 of 10821

If anyone has a long flannel in 44 that you want to part with let me know, preferably before xmas.

 

Was pretty happy to finally pick up the Anture version of the CP trench. Especially after regretting passing up the 48 that was for sale not too long ago.


Can someone please buy that lace cuff coat in 48 from japan already. I really don't need to spend any more money on another coat after buying that trench...

post #8066 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrellx View Post


Can someone please buy that lace cuff coat in 48 from japan already. I really don't need to spend any more money on another coat after buying that trench...

From the first season? Do you have a link?
post #8067 of 10821
post #8068 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

I sized up on the muted stripe shirt, like I usually do for RG, and it was the right decision. The fabric is lightweight and really cool for a couple of reasons. The underside is actually the brighter side so it really is a little muted on the outside, which makes it nice and subtle. It also creates an interesting effect when worn unbuttoned because the underside flashes in contrast, sort of like the colorful lining of a coat that pops against the dark exterior when it drapes open. The other thing is that the color between the stripes looks like a dark solid in the photos but is actually two colors, blue and green, split down the middle.

any other place other than toto to have this shirt? Japan?
post #8069 of 10821
There were some additional drops at Ssense. Couldn't resist the long plaid for $166.
post #8070 of 10821
Lots of good stuff left too. Wish I could grab a few things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread