or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 235

post #3511 of 5691
Kind of off topic but is it normal for runway sample shoes to be size 42? That seems really small and I would assume the models have much bigger feet given their height/size. 48 tops and bottoms sound right but 42 shoes sound really small? Im a 42 and I think I have tiny feet.
post #3512 of 5691
It just occurred to me- how did all those boots and monk straps make it past the sample sale they did at AlwaysNever last year?? I can see how the wedge sole oxfords didn't sell though...

Some of the other shoes described don't sound familiar at all though. Well the green and canvas derbies
post #3513 of 5691
I was following the thread closely before but the lack of 44 has made me slack and now reading no 41 for footwear.

Guess i will wait for other brands to get in smile.gif
post #3514 of 5691
presale orders are gonna start from SS14?
post #3515 of 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

It just occurred to me- how did all those boots and monk straps make it past the sample sale they did at AlwaysNever last year?? I can see how the wedge sole oxfords didn't sell though...

Some of the other shoes described don't sound familiar at all though. Well the green and canvas derbies

That's where I picked up my spat boots from...
I would be surprised if they made it past that sale too - those prices were pretty great
post #3516 of 5691
ETA on shoes? Thought you were on vacation, Fok; was saving pennies for late Aug/Sept.
post #3517 of 5691

^ How long are your vacations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Footwear is in. I am going to try to get a batch online within the week.
post #3518 of 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodyear View Post

^ How long are your vacations??

6 weeks, typically; some years less, some years more. But, I also work all the fucking time.

As for my question, I thought Fok was in academia - in fact, one my parents teaches at one of the schools I thought he is/was associated with and they get 10 weeks. Sample size of one, so watch out. But, I always thought academia had generous vacation.
post #3519 of 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

6 weeks, typically; some years less, some years more. But, I also work all the fucking time.

As for my question, I thought Fok was in academia - in fact, one my parents teaches at one of the schools I thought he is/was associated with and they get 10 weeks. Sample size of one, so watch out. But, I always thought academia had generous vacation.

I have a nominal faculty position, but Styleforum and Styleforum related projects take up the bulk of my time. So, this is essentially most of what I do.
post #3520 of 5691
I'm wearing the black monks right now - got them in the alwaysnever sample sale. They are pretty decent, though the rubber soles are kind of weird in that they have prone to small holes. Hard to explain. My feet get wet when it rains. The leather creases quite easily too.
post #3521 of 5691
Continuing to be impressed by Geller shirts...
Got the light gray jail stripe yesterday, after settling on it since I didn't get the green brush stroke short sleeve I wanted, and nobody had the dock sleeve or dark gray versions. I was already half intent on trying to sell it, and then I pulled it out of the box and said "whoa."
post #3522 of 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

Continuing to be impressed by Geller shirts...
Got the light gray jail stripe yesterday, after settling on it since I didn't get the green brush stroke short sleeve I wanted, and nobody had the dock sleeve or dark gray versions. I was already half intent on trying to sell it, and then I pulled it out of the box and said "whoa."

Could've told ya that a couple months ago when I got my dark grey one happy.gif Only complaint is that it's linen so you need to iron it a lot otherwise it curls up at the back.
post #3523 of 5691
I assume machine wash is fine? Seems pretty shrunken already
post #3524 of 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

I assume machine wash is fine? Seems pretty shrunken already

Haven't washed mine yet, I would assume it's fine though.
post #3525 of 5691
Been eying some of his shirts. Would you guys say they fit regular or slim? Measurements lead me to believe I could fit into 46's pretty well. I hate being in between sizes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread