or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 176

post #2626 of 6063

Look for this:

 

Although 90% of the Geller you can buy is gonna be in these 2 stores:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=&tl=&f=2&sid=gsc-rinkan&sm=3

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=&tl=&f=2&sid=kind-u&sm=3

post #2627 of 6063
Oh my bad. Guess that's just my experience as a result of what hoodyear said. I don't even need to check the links to know what two stores they are

And the couple times the item I wanted showed up in search on the Japanese website but not English I had to use a proxy. Although once you view it on the Japanese site, you can view the page in English by going to items you've recently viewed
post #2628 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

Fw12 tees were totally different too but these aren't like those either

I'm guessing that its all to do with the "new production facilities" or whatever people are whispering about

But yeah if the standard 48s are fitted on you I hope you got a 50

I'd like to hear from someone who's bought a button up this season cause it seems everything else is coming up smaller than usual (which I think many people here would describe as "true to size")

I would doubt that there are any "new production facilities." Robert Geller has an exclusive contract with a Japanese manufacturing firm, so... unless that firm bought new facilities or subcontracted...

Also, re. sizing, you should take a look at the runway pictures. A lot of the stuff is meant to be layered in different ways, so the sizing may not seem so wierd if you realize that that piece you thought was too big is meant to be worn over 4 other layers.
post #2629 of 6063
when is the store opening my paypal account is waiting nod[1].gif
post #2630 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

when is the store opening my paypal account is waiting nod[1].gif

I'm gunning for June 30/July 1. Hopefully. Right now, most things work, except that you can't get anything shipped anywhere, Which is a problem.
post #2631 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I would doubt that there are any "new production facilities." Robert Geller has an exclusive contract with a Japanese manufacturing firm, so... unless that firm bought new facilities or subcontracted...

Yeah it has only been vague rumors anyway, probably started the same way everything does on the internet.
Quote:
Also, re. sizing, you should take a look at the runway pictures. A lot of the stuff is meant to be layered in different ways, so the sizing may not seem so wierd if you realize that that piece you thought was too big is meant to be worn over 4 other layers.

I'm 100% with you on this; see my love for the FW11 Richard jacket. All my stuff is worn true to size.
But everything I've picked up this season has been smaller in waists, ankles, chest, shoulders, everything
The (non mesh) tank now fits exactly as I want it to, whereas the couple I've tried before have been too big or low cut for my tastes

Tees went from the usual 18" chest to 16.5". I'll still wear em but I might have sized up if I knew what to expect

I can't help but assume it to be the result of people sizing down anyway, bringing the sizing closer to what people think "true to size" should be (tight, apparently)
post #2632 of 6063
Do Geller's sunglasses have any stated UV protection?
post #2633 of 6063


jacket on the right should exist imo
post #2634 of 6063

Was hoping that jacket would show up in this sample sale.

post #2635 of 6063

as with most of all fashunz the individual pieces in that pic look half decent only because they are styled on models imo

 

besides, where do you have to live in order to "layer" during SS?

 

shops are picking up the "safe" pieces for a reason... regular folks need gradient sweats and flight pants not polyurethane biker vests to layer under a coat for summer

post #2636 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post

In that runway photo it looks like it's a 6'2", sz.48 model wearing a woman's jacket; I was imagining it with something like a couple of layered tanks (mustard, even wink.gif) some jawnz, and engineer boots. Kind of an Andrej Pejic meets Synth type deal

What?
post #2637 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibak View Post

as with most of all fashunz the individual pieces in that pic look half decent only because they are styled on models imo

besides, where do you have to live in order to "layer" during SS?

shops are picking up the "safe" pieces for a reason... regular folks need gradient sweats and flight pants not polyurethane biker vests to layer under a coat for summer

The spring summer pieces are deliberately light, for layering. The summer parkas (and we have at least one in the samples, as well as several less pedestrian versions, including an oversized sleeveless coat, are often most tencel, so they are the weight of a heavy windbreaker. The SS season starts about March - there are at least 2 months, in most places, to layer. And remember that people acclimatize. I am a cold weather creature, but I have seem people in LA layering in 65 degree weather.

As for only looking good styled on models - I disagree with that. I am a "separates" wearer. and tbh, I don't even like wearing 2 pieces by the same designer on a given day. Most of my Geller pieces are outerwear pieces that easily pair wth other things - bombers, flgiht jackets, "blazers", and sweats, as well as a few accessories. However, some of those pieces are, as I've mentioned before, "full commitment" pieces. No shallow end things like wearing the stuff with a pair of jeans and common projects. You need to really decide to rock the look. Might not be for you, but it can look pretty cool on a variety of body types.
post #2638 of 6063
phew it's a good thing that s/s pieces don't disintegrate once the season changes
post #2639 of 6063
rakuten translation on geller item seems on point :

"There are some feeling of wearing, but is not interested."
post #2640 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

Finally moved a dresser into the apartment we moved into in January, cleaned our room and organized our clothes.

Pertaining to a discussion that happened here a few months ago, I currently have 87 Geller items.
44 in the closet- outerwear, shirts, tees, etc
43 in the dresser/shelves- knits, pants, jeans, belts, scarves, bracelets, shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyindarkness View Post

pics?

CPs, Coats/jackets, button ups (minus a couple), tees, and tanks


Jeans, bag, scarves (one is missing), a couple sweaters, belts, bracelets


SS knits


FW knits, probably should have arranged a little better, can't see much


Various pants


Jeans


Accessories mentioned above

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread