or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 115

post #1711 of 5733
EDIT: This season's Type-B appears to be the classic 5-pocket Skinny

Hoping someone here can clarify the current state of Geller jeans . . .

Last season (and the season before) we have supposed 5-pocket skinny jeans that were made of a slightly different rougher material and were WAY slimmer. Maybe a full size tighter.

This upcoming S/S season (and possibly current) there are three pants listed:

TYPE A JEAN Cotton + Cotton/Poly (back cinch buckle I think)
DYPE D JEAN Cotton + Cotton/Poly [wrong name, wrong colors listed, I'm assuming this is supposed to be Type B]
TYPE D 5 POCKET SKINNY 100% Cotton [possible wrong material listed?]

So the 5-pocket skinny is no longer stretchy?


BUT - this current season, the '5 pocket skinny' (as its called by blackbird) is the same jegging-like rougher material (i tried it on) from last season but is listed as Cotton/Poly.
So either Geller changed the design and material or people are getting naming wrong and potentially even listing materials incorrectly.

Peter N who used to work at Geller said that Robert renamed them to be more clear & obvious which jean was which by giving them 'types' (instead of 5-pocket, cadet, etc)

the problem is - all of the details don't match up unless he also has been changing the name/type AND material each season.
Or people are consistently calling jeans by the wrong name.


Sooo - what the fuuuuuck is goin on?

5-pocket skinny was my perfect jean and now I can't fucking figure out which is the 5-pocket and if it IS the 5pocket, why its cut different and made of different materials now.


To add more fuel to the confusion fire:

ForwardForward calls these "type C" Forward
Blackbird calls them "Type B" Blackbird
SSENSE also calls them Type B ssense
As does Park & Bond http://www.parkandbond.com/product/140650018
All of these list them as slim fit, soft, washed with 95/5 cotton poly blend

SSENSE has the faded blue jeans as Type C

Blackbird also has the '5 pocket skinny jeans' which are possibly now called Type D (according to Geller)
But when I tried them on, they fit more like last seasons ultra-skinny jeans with rougher material.

I have not tried the Type B jeans on - I will try and do so if they have them in at BB Seattle.


My guess is that what is now called the '5 pocket skinny' is actually NOT historically what was the 5PS - and the 'Type B' is now what was historically the 5PS.
What I consider the 5PS is the uber soft slim but not skinny jeans - the mustard, the warm black, etc - I think everything got confused when Geller added the new "slim pants" in 2010.

That's my guess, at least.
We'll see.

Edit: clarity and more details

EDIT: This season's Type-B appears to be the classic 5-pocket Skinny
Edited by variegate - 9/22/12 at 11:06pm
post #1712 of 5733
that long coat MA-1 looks dope. that for this f/w 12?
post #1713 of 5733
"DYPE D JEAN Cotton + Cotton/Poly"

was this supposed to be TYPE B? shog[1].gif
cause im confused now

op edited i see
Edited by thatoneguy - 9/11/12 at 7:40pm
post #1714 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightattack View Post

Hoping someone here can clarify the current state of Geller jeans . . .
Last season (and the season before) we have supposed 5-pocket skinny jeans that were made of a slightly different rougher material and were WAY slimmer. Maybe a full size tighter.
This upcoming S/S season (and possibly current) there are three pants listed:
TYPE A JEAN Cotton + Cotton/Poly (back cinch buckle I think)
DYPE D JEAN Cotton + Cotton/Poly [wrong name, wrong colors listed, I'm assuming this is supposed to be Type B]
TYPE D 5 POCKET SKINNY 100% Cotton [possible wrong material listed?]
So the 5-pocket skinny is no longer stretchy?
BUT - this current season, the '5 pocket skinny' (as its called by blackbird) is the same jegging-like rougher material (i tried it on) from last season but is listed as Cotton/Poly.
So either Geller changed the design and material or people are getting naming wrong and potentially even listing materials incorrectly.
Peter N who used to work at Geller said that Robert renamed them to be more clear & obvious which jean was which by giving them 'types' (instead of 5-pocket, cadet, etc)
the problem is - all of the details don't match up unless he also has been changing the name/type AND material each season.
Or people are consistently calling jeans by the wrong name.
Sooo - what the fuuuuuck is goin on?
5-pocket skinny was my perfect jean and now I can't fucking figure out which is the 5-pocket and if it IS the 5pocket, why its cut different and made of different materials now.
To add more fuel to the confusion fire:
ForwardForward calls these "type C" Forward
Blackbird calls them "Type B" Blackbird
SSENSE also calls them Type B ssense
As does Park & Bond http://www.parkandbond.com/product/140650018
All of these list them as slim fit, soft, washed with 95/5 cotton poly blend
SSENSE has the faded blue jeans as Type C
Blackbird also has the '5 pocket skinny jeans' which are possibly now called Type D (according to Geller)
But when I tried them on, they fit more like last seasons ultra-skinny jeans with rougher material.
I have not tried the Type B jeans on - I will try and do so if they have them in at BB Seattle.
My guess is that what is now called the '5 pocket skinny' is actually NOT historically what was the 5PS - and the 'Type B' is now what was historically the 5PS.
What I consider the 5PS is the uber soft slim but not skinny jeans - the mustard, the warm black, etc - I think everything got confused when Geller added the new "slim pants" in 2010.
That's my guess, at least.
We'll see.
Edit: clarity and more details

i'd go with any of the 3 massive internet shops that call it type b as opposed to the much smaller, lesser known internet store that calls it otherwise. 

post #1715 of 5733

stretch is crucial to comfort.

post #1716 of 5733
^^ I only wear jeans that have stretch - the comfort factor compared to 100% cotton is a landslide.
post #1717 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Cognac View Post

^^ I only wear jeans that have stretch - the comfort factor compared to 100% cotton is a landslide.

+1
I pretty much only wear geller or uniqlo t-000 these days... jeans without stretch feel so constricting and uncomfortable now.
post #1718 of 5733
For anyone that has this season's dip-dye is it more like ssense's measurements ( size 46 = 20.5 pit to pit) or Maas & Stacks' (size 46 = 22 pit to pit)?
post #1719 of 5733

bunch of geller at real nice prices on yoox

post #1720 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

bunch of geller at real nice prices on yoox

picked up a few things yesterday and there were plenty of sizes available, even when I browsed again a few hours ago. it gets posted on here and everything is gone lol..

 

also just to add, the same stuff is up on the corner. I ended up going through corner cause i like their delivery and packaging lol

post #1721 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisblex View Post

picked up a few things yesterday and there were plenty of sizes available, even when I browsed again a few hours ago. it gets posted on here and everything is gone lol..

 

also just to add, the same stuff is up on the corner. I ended up going through corner cause i like their delivery and packaging lol

 

It's actually the same site.

post #1722 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

 

It's actually the same site.

i know, i just think the corner goes a little bit further in their delivery as opposed to yoox. 

post #1723 of 5733
huh, never seen the before. also corner and yoox inventory are not the same...
post #1724 of 5733
The Corner/YOOX are a bit glitchy on some browsers and show the wrong colors/sizes available until you try to actually buy them.

(Same company.)
post #1725 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

huh, never seen the before. also corner and yoox inventory are not the same...

 

Sorry I meant the packaging is the same, but I forgot the corner has those silly little bags.  The geller stock on yoox is weird (like if you click "robert geller" on the page it says no items found) so it may be a glitch.

 

Anyway it tricked me into buying a shirt -.-

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread