or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread - Page 114

post #1696 of 6252
Runway pics here:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2013/mens/robert-geller/full-length-photos/gallery/1
post #1697 of 6252
Ah, I like it. I was worried
post #1698 of 6252
is this an ma-1 coat
00100h_1280x1920.jpg
post #1699 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

I think it looks awesome.
I don't think the price is all that inappropriate either, I wonder how much W+H will charge for their version. And how much is Rick's again?
So does anyone know anything about the runway show yet?

The price isn't unexpected. I just think it's much for what it is.

 

RO has always been very expensive. That's part of the appeal and it being the whole image of the brand. I don't know why, but RO being expensive makes more sense to me than Geller being so. Maybe it has something to do with the quality that has been brought up heer a couple of times. Haven't Geller also increased his prices in recent seasons?

 

Checked out that one from W+H. It's a wool/cashmere blend and is not as plain, which to some extent can justify a (expected) high price.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #1700 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

The price isn't unexpected. I just think it's much for what it is.

 

RO has always been very expensive. That's part of the appeal and it being the whole image of the brand. I don't know why, but RO being expensive makes more sense to me than Geller being so. Maybe it has something to do with the quality that has been brought up heer a couple of times. Haven't Geller also increased his prices in recent seasons?

 

Checked out that one from W+H. It's a wool/cashmere blend and is not as plain, which to some extent can justify a (expected) high price.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

something to do with the exchange rate and cost of japanese materials

post #1701 of 6252
Some really nice stuff for 2013. I didn't like ANY of the leather clothing. There's a lot of stuff there I would wear.
post #1702 of 6252
I'm not entirely sure that 'flat' rubbery looking leather stuff is going to be produced.

It was very . . . . weird.
post #1703 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightattack View Post

I'm not entirely sure that 'flat' rubbery looking leather stuff is going to be produced.
It was very . . . . weird.

Yeah, I don't think that stuff is going to be produced. It would surprise me.
post #1704 of 6252
That w+h jacket is nice wish it didn't have the horizontal quilting, but I guess the down would get clumped otherwise
post #1705 of 6252

Like a lot of the knits (sweaters & shorts).

Don't really like the leather under armor or the cp loafers.

post #1706 of 6252
I hear that this spring collection was inspired by the photographer Sarah Moon and the beach. leather, rubber, and all that stuff.

Need these glasses!

Edited by Desi - 9/10/12 at 11:34am
post #1707 of 6252
not to beat a dead horse, but SSENSE has a couple dipdyes up in 46, 48. excited to see mine!

the SS runway looked nice, very much a geller collection though I really liked the bursts of blue and the strange scuba looking leather outerwear
post #1708 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Dry Goods View Post

not to beat a dead horse, but SSENSE has a couple dipdyes up in 46, 48. excited to see mine!
the SS runway looked nice, very much a geller collection though I really liked the bursts of blue and the strange scuba looking leather outerwear

Nomad does too... if you can tolerate the shipping
post #1709 of 6252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post

I hear that this spring collection was inspired by the photographer Sarah Moon and the beach. leather, rubber, and all that stuff.
Need these glasses!

Also saw that he was heavily inspired by the Tony Scott flick "The Hunger", hence the Bowie-esque glasses. very cool stuff. 

post #1710 of 6252

I haven't been following Geller for long, but I think it's a pretty strong collection.

Makes me think of Léon. Probably only because of the glasses.

 

The wider trousers with the faint stripes and patterns look great. Also feeling those short sleeve shirts without collar and hidden placket.

I like the look of calf-high tan socks and loafers here, but it would no doubt look ridiculous IRL.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread