or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › First purchase since lurking on style forum for 3 days. Feedback Wanted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First purchase since lurking on style forum for 3 days. Feedback Wanted - Page 4

post #46 of 51

Quote:

Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

FWIW used dress shoes are great value. However, used Allen Edmonds and Alden are terrible value.
Almost all used AEs sell for more than 50 and Aldens can go for 75% of new value. Better made vintage Nettletons, Florsheim, J&M, Cole Haan,... rarely go for as much as AEs do.
NOS(New Old Stock) Florsheim Longwings in Black and Brown always pop up on Ebay for around $100-$150. Look out for those first.


This is awesome info. Thanks!

post #47 of 51
someone had some old stock Florsheim sell on Ebay for like $300 satisfied.gif
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post

someone had some old stock Florsheim sell on Ebay for like $300 satisfied.gif

Indeed I did. But it was only $270.
post #49 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

FWIW used dress shoes are great value. However, used Allen Edmonds and Alden are terrible value.
Almost all used AEs sell for more than 50 and Aldens can go for 75% of new value. Better made vintage Nettletons, Florsheim, J&M, Cole Haan,... rarely go for as much as AEs do.


 

These are older shoes that were made better back in  the day?  Because its my understanding these brands dont produce quality now?  How do you distinguish vintage from new?

post #50 of 51
Thread Starter 

So I returned the brown pair and might return the hillcrest if it’s not a huge pain.

 

SO yesterday I wore my Steve Maddens to walk about 2 miles... I had blisters on blisters it was crazy painful and my shins hurt.  I was very reluctant to put on my AE Sanford since they felt a bit tight yesterday when I got home (I wonder why maybe thick socks and swollen feet?)

 

This morning I was trying to decide whether to wear my Sanford because I just KNEW even though I had never worn leather soled shoes (in recent memory anyway) that there was no way hard ASS leather was going to feel even decent compared to sneakers or my other rubber soled shoes.

 

BUT I have to eat humble pie.  These shoes feel so damn good!  All my pain is gone!  I don't even know how to describe it except cool buttery insole supporting the curves of my feet.  Almost like a wooden Adirondack glider vs. foam lawn furniture.

 

AMAZING!

post #51 of 51

This doesn't surprise me at all.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapline View Post

So I returned the brown pair and might return the hillcrest if it’s not a huge pain.

 

SO yesterday I wore my Steve Maddens to walk about 2 miles... I had blisters on blisters it was crazy painful and my shins hurt.  I was very reluctant to put on my AE Sanford since they felt a bit tight yesterday when I got home (I wonder why maybe thick socks and swollen feet?)

 

This morning I was trying to decide whether to wear my Sanford because I just KNEW even though I had never worn leather soled shoes (in recent memory anyway) that there was no way hard ASS leather was going to feel even decent compared to sneakers or my other rubber soled shoes.

 

BUT I have to eat humble pie.  These shoes feel so damn good!  All my pain is gone!  I don't even know how to describe it except cool buttery insole supporting the curves of my feet.  Almost like a wooden Adirondack glider vs. foam lawn furniture.

 

AMAZING!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › First purchase since lurking on style forum for 3 days. Feedback Wanted