or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆ - Page 17

post #241 of 511

I got the Raf horsehair boots, pretty sure I'm gonna keep em.  They're dressier than I expected; they essentially look like a shiny dress shoe with an interesting texture but they look ok with jeans still, IMO.

 

Does anyone know if you should waterproof horsehair?

post #242 of 511
do you waterproof horses in a stable ? teacha.gif
post #243 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

I got the Raf horsehair boots, pretty sure I'm gonna keep em.  They're dressier than I expected; they essentially look like a shiny dress shoe with an interesting texture but they look ok with jeans still, IMO.

 

Does anyone know if you should waterproof horsehair?

Any pic? My size is still available, I want one.
post #244 of 511
Thread Starter 
dbpst
post #245 of 511
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

I got the Raf horsehair boots, pretty sure I'm gonna keep em.  They're dressier than I expected; they essentially look like a shiny dress shoe with an interesting texture but they look ok with jeans still, IMO.

Does anyone know if you should waterproof horsehair?

dunno if this might be relevant but OC has a tutorial on cleaning ponyhair shoes/bags etc


--

just found out my workplace has institutional access to Vogue Archive, so here're all the jil sander ads in American Vogue (1985-2011) that show up in my search, for those interested. quick summary of how the brand has evolved over the years


Pre-Raf (1985 - 2006; jil / vukmirovic / in-house design team?) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ool8K.png
HrJjS.png
nYuMO.jpg
tkcxE.png
sh4zs.png
En79n.jpg
ANflu.jpg
WMyCn.jpg
GoMkl.png
eztob.jpg
sqBPG.jpg
k2RJH.jpg
yAPzz.png
Vo2L5.png
qt0KW.png
NbRrb.png
D3KcK.jpg
uvciw.jpg
tTxyd.jpg
9Zmll.png
e74r9.jpg
JKc19.jpg
Vt2tP.png
ixl1v.jpg
YTaSG.jpg
oo06y.jpg
G8A80.jpg
NyjAm.jpg
p2GXn.jpg
Slii3.jpg
GqZGr.png
bkgLT.jpg
RzKAw.jpg
Fsz8t.jpg
Qc1Lr.jpg
2MUlw.jpg
nDKYW.jpg
AQqyF.jpg
vt3QH.png
Jb5CK.jpg
1ZiuT.png
X358h.png
pvZK7.jpg
aXDpp.jpg
mkxCg.jpg
HJXVe.jpg
M5BS8.jpg
jjtYJ.png
7RPsF.png
41VbQ.jpg
1VIm3.jpg
Ea6tu.jpg
UAjir.jpg
t5GNY.jpg
5TY1h.jpg
Zxwr1.jpg

Raf (2006 - ) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
XAPSb.png
6Mo1x.png
c3u4i.jpg
Dhbtq.png
pj4Ot.jpg
pfTE4.png
jdfO7.png
bW8oM.jpg
SHswZ.jpg
FRgZQ.jpg
pGAw8.jpg
g3xgx.jpg
U1csg.png
YzRJg.png
JDAJV.jpg
mmco1.jpg
n0KVg.png
post #246 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yoo View Post

just found out my workplace has institutional access to Vogue Archive, so here're all the jil sander ads in American Vogue (1985-2011) that show up in my search, for those interested. quick summary of how the brand has evolved over the years
Pre-Raf (1985 - 2006; jil / vukmirovic / in-house design team?)

 

Thanks for sharing! Really interesting to trace the development of the brand through those ads. I love the campaigns that Raf oversees.

post #247 of 511
Sweet Jesus. How big can you get the images, I have been looking for old campaign pics too frame on my wall. Specifically balenciaga and Lanvin things.
post #248 of 511
Perhaps Costco can blow things up for you poster size
post #249 of 511

Quote:

Originally Posted by the shah View Post

do you waterproof horses in a stable ? teacha.gif


Lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Perhaps Costco can blow things up for you poster size

 


Yeah but if it's a shitty resolution it's not going to look good.  Maybe if you get CSI involved.

 

1317571091.jpg

post #250 of 511
@KingJulien

smiley-laughing002.gif
That is pretty good...
post #251 of 511
Thinking about buying this jacket. Any thoughts? Anyone have any pictures of it styled besides on the run way?

x9qcA.jpg
post #252 of 511
nice jacket but i don't think it suits you from what i've seen in your pictures. i always picture you in a rider style jacket.
post #253 of 511
I tried the Jil jacket before. I'd say it's OK but not outstanding. Just a keen length coat,
post #254 of 511
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianclement View Post

Thanks for sharing! Really interesting to trace the development of the brand through those ads. I love the campaigns that Raf oversees.

I wish I could tell which campaigns are under Vukmirovic / design team as opposed to jil her own, raf is unmistakable though alien.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post

Sweet Jesus. How big can you get the images, I have been looking for old campaign pics too frame on my wall. Specifically balenciaga and Lanvin things.

not very big i guess (think 1/2 the physical size), but may be enough for small posters frown.gif in any case here's some 50s balenciaga for ya Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
kOcqM.jpg
jpP5K.jpg
UPjbf.jpg
giync.jpg
nxkuw.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Thinking about buying this jacket. Any thoughts? Anyone have any pictures of it styled besides on the run way? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
x9qcA.jpg

i think i have some magazine shoots saved somewhere, will post if i find them.



also style.com has some video summaries/analysis of raf ss12 and fw12 (ht: Eliminator twitter) definitely watch in HD (720p), the ss12 video has some nice shots of the chain derbies and the leather vests, also has interviews with cathy horyn etc.


post #255 of 511
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapsical View Post

As people have noted, there were three versions of the chain derbies: with a flat chain around the welt, with a 'standing up' chunky chain around the welt and with chain around the toe only. They were all available to buy in the showroom in three chain colours (gold, silver and black) so all have gone into production in theory, but most retailers seem to have chosen the flat chain version. Oki-Ni and some of the more "out there" retailers may have ordered the chunky chain ones.

Colette stocks the ones with the chain on the toe, as well as the plain derbies with no chain.

350x350px-LL-eb4f46e6_image_image_173806_en.jpeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoffice View Post

I believe the corner's derbies are metal chains. Seven's and eliminators carry the silver version of the chained derbies. And all these variations have the chain inserted flat along the sole.
I have yet to see the full sideway versions of these derbies in stock, which are much more obvious and probably less wearable. I wonder if they are even going to be under production.
Would love to get my hands on these,
233
but I might have to settle with more subtle variations bored.gif


surrender got both, so it looks like the chunky chained version was in production after all alien.gif
SHOE1.1.jpg
SHOE2.1.jpg
Edited by _yoo - 2/20/12 at 9:30am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆