or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 67

post #991 of 5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all you posers wearing yohji hakama pants thinking you're some samurai bigshot... WELL I WEAR THE REAL THING icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
attachment.php?attachmentid=1081&d=1320297367
tsuki mother fucker!
indigo dyed for the denimhead in you
ps. keep on rocking the yohji, fellas

lol I used to practice kendo too but then I took an arrow in the knee.. jk. I grew more and more embarrassed at unintentionally screaming/shrieking during competition.

How I wish I looked in hakama pants
tumblr_lndg6hvx291qzmp9eo1_r1_400.jpg

How I would actually look in hakama pants

932

edit: fixed link. This isn't me though. I was constantly amazed at chubby kids who's been doing kendo for years.
post #992 of 5751
fixed.

also those are some shitty polyester hakama. no bueno.

and... unintentional, you say? kiai/kihap is like.....basics ):
post #993 of 5751

Those pants are great. Wish I could pull them off.

post #994 of 5751

Wish I could pull those pants off.

post #995 of 5751

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

all you posers wearing yohji hakama pants thinking you're some samurai bigshot... WELL I WEAR THE REAL THING icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

I have a proper formal thick silk hakama (and kimono) that were given to me by my wife's aunt (they belonged to her father, so they are quite old and of beautiful quality). However, I don't get many opportunities to wear them in Canada...

post #996 of 5751

245


Edited by valter - 5/13/12 at 4:42pm
post #997 of 5751

Love those pants. Wish I could pull them off.

post #998 of 5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

kiai/kihap is like.....basics ):

Yeah... except I get really high pitch. I sound like a kinky guy shrieking in a comedy film. Sabum-nim (whats the English equivalent of this?) of our dojo liked it, since it scared/confused a lot of opponents.. even now when I watch my video I blush in embarassment shog[1].gif
post #999 of 5751
hahaha. makes me think of Inspector Clouseau

post #1000 of 5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Picking up YY for some of you guys, i've come to appreciate YY as a designer more and more, quite rapidly in fact -

If you ever feel like taking a look at some of the older stuff in person there's a few Shibuya locations that usually always offer up a good variety of YYPH from the early 90's to present day on a decent rotation. Some of the Ragtag's - especially in Ginza and Shinjuku #1 - also have some great things on the racks most of the time, smaller stock that moves faster though.


Short interview with Yohji after his last women's show, not sure if this has been posted before? Well, not really much to see I guess but since we're gathering material in here anyway so I thought I might as well post it
post #1001 of 5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobu View Post

If you ever feel like taking a look at some of the older stuff in person there's a few Shibuya locations that usually always offer up a good variety of YYPH from the early 90's to present day on a decent rotation. Some of the Ragtag's - especially in Ginza and Shinjuku #1 - also have some great things on the racks most of the time, smaller stock that moves faster though.
Short interview with Yohji after his last women's show, not sure if this has been posted before? Well, not really much to see I guess but since we're gathering material in here anyway so I thought I might as well post it

What's the pricing like on second hand gear in the tokyo stores? it's getting to winter in Sydney and I really really want a coat and jacket from AW12
post #1002 of 5751
Thread Starter 
Definitely interested in getting an idea of pricing as well. If Drew was cool with browsing that place would be nice to get an idea of the kinds of things they have in stock.

Also, I hope that al the MoK in YY posts were not taken as being too pressuring, lol. I am sure he will only pick up what works for him if at all, can't hold back the opinions though smile.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post



I have a proper formal thick silk hakama (and kimono) that were given to me by my wife's aunt (they belonged to her father, so they are quite old and of beautiful quality). However, I don't get many opportunities to wear them in Canada...

At my brother's wedding one of our Japanese friend's wore a raw silk kimono that her grandfather made for her himself. Was so beautiful. Would like to see some pics of yours for sure.
post #1003 of 5751

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Definitely interested in getting an idea of pricing as well. If Drew was cool with browsing that place would be nice to get an idea of the kinds of things they have in stock.
Also, I hope that al the MoK in YY posts were not taken as being too pressuring, lol. I am sure he will only pick up what works for him if at all, can't hold back the opinions though smile.gif.
At my brother's wedding one of our Japanese friend's wore a raw silk kimono that her grandfather made for her himself. Was so beautiful. Would like to see some pics of yours for sure.

 

I will get them out to air soon anyway (they have been folded away all winter) so I will ask my wife to take some pics...

 

For anyone thinking of buying vintage Japanese clothing to mix with their Yohji etc., I should point out that older Japanese stuff tends to be pretty small by western standards and vintage hakama, kimono and haori will rarely fit the average westerner - although if you are wearing hakama in a contemporary fashion, they seem to be worn somewhat shorter than was traditional. Luckily, I am pretty small, and my wife's great uncle appears to have been about my height (one of the reasons her aunt gave them to me).

post #1004 of 5751
Thread Starter 
So, on my way to Berlin I met Wim Wenders and his wife at the airport!

I noticed his wife first, but I didn't recognize her. I just noticed she was carrying a Y'sacc bag which was pretty rare so I looked at her outfit and was discussing with my wife about whether it was Yohji or not. It looked very Yohji, but I couldn't identify it. As I was about to settle on the fact that it was probably all Yohji and how cool it was to see someone else wearing Yohji in the wild, Wim Wenders walked up and sat down beside her. Also in head to toe Yohji. I was so shocked. Didn't get a picture unfortunately because my going up to greet them also caused someone else to come round and hand him a music CD, heh, but I did get him to autograph my brand new moleskine notebook biggrin.gif.

233

Anyway, was a very auspicious start to our Berlin trip. They both looked amazing in Yohji with Wim Wenders wearing high-waisted pants, a blue (beautiful shade) fleece top and suspenders under a jacket and his wife had this amazing coat on top of a smaller jacket and a distressed sheer top with embroidered patches on the front and a great scarf. Both of their outfits really looked like they had aged wonderfully and they were all this boiled wool looking fabric. His wife was really friendly and has a great smile.
post #1005 of 5751
good stuff ivwri! his wife, donata, is a photographer, i've never met her but people who have tell me she's lovely.
haven't liked any of wim's films for ages, but wings of desire is brilliant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)