or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 59

post #871 of 5941

The aw07 "anime" sweaters do pop up from time to time. This one just recently ended on yahoo japan: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b131508610 (I was not the winner, although it looks like Hide-san was involved). I've managed to snag two myself... Now the anime coats I have never seen outside of the original collection at barney's. I would love to get a hold of one of those.

post #872 of 5941
Thread Starter 
That sweater is pretty cool. Excellent colours.

I avoid Yahoo Japan like the plague now cos there generally tends to be too much temptation on there biggrin.gif
post #873 of 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

That sweater is pretty cool. Excellent colours.
I avoid Yahoo Japan like the plague now cos there generally tends to be too much temptation on there biggrin.gif

that pink one was mine, too bad my skin tone + that shade of pink + hairy chest was a crazy combination
post #874 of 5941
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireartists View Post

that pink one was mine, too bad my skin tone + that shade of pink + hairy chest was a crazy combination

This I would have liked to see! lol8[1].gif

On a completely unrelated note, Just One Eye have their Yohji buy up - I checked earlier and forgot to post on here - and they have two wide hakama pants! The red striped ones and a brown pair in a twill fabric. They also have the blue shirring shirts (biggest is a size 3). Crazy prices rule applies as well - http://justoneeye.com/yohji-yamamoto
post #875 of 5941
Thread Starter 
Was thinking about going for these, but I changed my mind in the end. So someone in size 4 from here should grab 'em (or if you're already in the bidding war, PM me and I will redact this post).

AW04 double layered jeans with drawstring waist and drawstring hem on the inner layer in size 4. They look amazing.

360

262

Link
post #876 of 5941
what exactly is the appeal of those sweaters?
post #877 of 5941
Thread Starter 
For me I like the fact that they are kitschy and fun and the fact that a few of them have Kamen rider and Leiji Matsumoto inspired artwork touches my anime & manga loving side smile.gif
post #878 of 5941
I grew up watching Kamen Rider ( aka Masked Rider, giving away my age here lol ) so it had special childhood memories for me. So to wear a knit by my favourite designer with my favourite childhood TV character on it will be a dream deal. I'm still on a hunt for that AW07 knit on Look 24 frown.gif(
post #879 of 5941

Also, with the anime sweaters, many of them have a lot of crazy nordic-inspired patternwork. I found them so ridiculous and over the top that they moved beyond the realm of bad taste into good taste. At least that's my take on them. You can't see this from the photos so much since the knits are all under coats and jackets, but it was one of the themes throughout that collection. The anime part itself was really secondary in this case for me, but the knitting is really fantastic. Each of the designs is actually knit into the sweater, rather than printed or sewn on top of the knit. It's that sort of high quality and lack of corner-cutting that I really love about yohji.

post #880 of 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

For me I like the fact that they are kitschy and fun and the fact that a few of them have Kamen rider and Leiji Matsumoto inspired artwork touches my anime & manga loving side smile.gif


 

Same here. The artwork on the sweaters looks amazing and the connection with anime makes them even cooler IMO.

post #881 of 5941
ok turns out the tag says "womens" on the womens pieces and I assume the one that doesnt say it is not a womens piece ...
post #882 of 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

236

instantly thought of this:

asian-aging-process-570x171.jpg
post #883 of 5941
naija boy ! i have been monitoring that same jacket you posted in last fit, i wasn't sure about the little dash of color on the lapel, but it's available to me in size 3 ... and now i want it smile.gif
post #884 of 5941
Dipping my toes in the Yohji waters:

443

I had this tucked away in my pile of bookmarks months ago. Now, ordinarily, I'd let it fester away in my bookmarks until it finally sold out, at which point, I'd text shah to complain about it. But in a rare moment of consumer foresight, I actually bought it during Yoox's spring promotion last week instead of further lamenting the purchase.

I'm a relative foreigner to the knit world, but even a novice can feel that this is quality stuff. It's mostly shah's fabric enemy (cotton), but it's partly cashmere, which makes for an incredibly soft knit. It's rare I handle a garment where I actually want to go find someone and say, "Hey, feel this." But this is one of those instances.

The pattern is also cool because, as mentioned earlier about those anime knits, the pattern is actually separate fabric that's knitted into the rest of the sweater. The pattern is actually what first caught my attention, since it's subtle while still holding some distinction.

Now I just need to get over the mental barrier of worrying about catching this on something.
post #885 of 5941
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

ok turns out the tag says "womens" on the womens pieces and I assume the one that doesnt say it is not a womens piece ...

I think any tags that don't have "women's" still refer to the women's collection. All the men's pieces I have seen are all "Pour Homme"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadsvandringar View Post

Also, with the anime sweaters, many of them have a lot of crazy nordic-inspired patternwork. I found them so ridiculous and over the top that they moved beyond the realm of bad taste into good taste. At least that's my take on them. You can't see this from the photos so much since the knits are all under coats and jackets, but it was one of the themes throughout that collection. The anime part itself was really secondary in this case for me, but the knitting is really fantastic. Each of the designs is actually knit into the sweater, rather than printed or sewn on top of the knit. It's that sort of high quality and lack of corner-cutting that I really love about yohji.

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting. Would you mind doing a quick picture of the nordic patternwork? Would really like to see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

naija boy ! i have been monitoring that same jacket you posted in last fit, i wasn't sure about the little dash of color on the lapel, but it's available to me in size 3 ... and now i want it smile.gif

You should do it. I also hesitated for the longest time on it, but it is indeed a really nice jacket and the linen is very nice and light too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

Dipping my toes in the Yohji waters: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
443
I had this tucked away in my pile of bookmarks months ago. Now, ordinarily, I'd let it fester away in my bookmarks until it finally sold out, at which point, I'd text shah to complain about it. But in a rare moment of consumer foresight, I actually bought it during Yoox's spring promotion last week instead of further lamenting the purchase.
I'm a relative foreigner to the knit world, but even a novice can feel that this is quality stuff. It's mostly shah's fabric enemy (cotton), but it's partly cashmere, which makes for an incredibly soft knit. It's rare I handle a garment where I actually want to go find someone and say, "Hey, feel this." But this is one of those instances.
The pattern is also cool because, as mentioned earlier about those anime knits, the pattern is actually separate fabric that's knitted into the rest of the sweater. The pattern is actually what first caught my attention, since it's subtle while still holding some distinction.
Now I just need to get over the mental barrier of worrying about catching this on something.

Nice purchase APK. And yeah, all of Yohji's knits that I have handled are truly excellent. It's probably getting boring to hear me say this, but if I was in a temperate region, I would have way too many of his knits by now. And yeah, I agree with Parker. Any holes might even add some more character to it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edited by Ivwri - 4/5/12 at 10:17am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)