or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 5

post #61 of 5768
So would i be a size 4? (50/52)
post #62 of 5768
If I could pull off "urban samurai", fuck yes I'd do it.
post #63 of 5768
Thread Starter 
You're like 6ft 1/2 as well right? Perfect size 4 material methinks smile.gif
post #64 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

You're like 6ft 1/2 as well right? Perfect size 4 material methinks smile.gif

yeah 6'1". Hmmm interesting
post #65 of 5768

retracted haha


Edited by chaos - 1/3/12 at 12:06pm
post #66 of 5768
I know thats what Im looking at
shhh
post #67 of 5768
Thread Starter 
Get it before I do (God knows I don't really need that many coats biggrin.gif)!

Also, this once you get your haircut done icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

480
post #68 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Get it before I do (God knows I don't really need that many coats biggrin.gif)!
Also, this once you get your haircut done icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
480

Do you know anything about that jacket? runway pics or how heavy the wool might be? AKA how warm.

and yeah I love Francois, hence the avatar shog[1].gif
post #69 of 5768

anyone want to link me to some 'basic' wardrobe building yohji pieces? I have been saving up but can only afford to buy a few garments at the moment. I know yohji clothes are very versatile, but some are more informal than others. I don't want the rest of my wardrobe to be to intimidated. I'm thinking causal billowy trousers or jackets. any help here would be appreciated...

post #70 of 5768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Do you know anything about that jacket? runway pics or how heavy the wool might be? AKA how warm.
and yeah I love Francois, hence the avatar shog[1].gif

The jacket doesn't ring any bells from the runway pics I have seen, but with regards to the fabric, I think Yohji typically uses a heavy wool for his boiled wool pieces and they are pretty warm. Tried on some pieces like that and they seemed like they would be very good for a London winter. Dunno how good it would be for a really cold winter though. asobu would be a lot more helpful here as he is wearing Yohji through a Scandinavian winter right now and could comment more on the suitability of this particular wool for really cold temperatures.
post #71 of 5768
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nou-nou View Post

anyone want to link me to some 'basic' wardrobe building yohji pieces? I have been saving up but can only afford to buy a few garments at the moment. I know yohji clothes are very versatile, but some are more informal than others. I don't want the rest of my wardrobe to be to intimidated. I'm thinking causal billowy trousers or jackets. any help here would be appreciated...

I think you are right on the money with wanting a pair of pants and a jacket. I would hunt for a solid blazer from Yohji and a pair of pants. If you can throw in a shirt or two that would round it off nicely. When I started building up my wardrobe I focused on getting a good selection of pants before I started getting tops and more outerwear. One blazer will be enough to rotate multiple times and you can get some white shirts from other brands (very difficult to find oversized white shirts, but I see quite an okay selection of Y's for men and YYPH on eBay popping up with good regularity so you can always supplement from there). Knowing what your current wardrobe is like would help immensely though.

I don't know what size you are, but here are a few of my favourite pants from this season.

http://www.herviabazaar.com/yohji-yamamoto-tuck-pants-grey-p4354 (really like these and have them in black. Would have grabbed this colour as well, but size 4 sold out before I could frown.gif)
http://www.herviabazaar.com/yohji-yamamoto-high-waist-tuck-pants-black-p4358 (same story for these. You can fold down the high waist and have it underneath a shirt, wear it with or without a belt and dress it up completely by doing up all the buttons and putting a sharp jacket over it. wanted to get this iteration - mine are in a cotton gabardine and these are in wool with four waist cinches instead of two)
http://www.ln-cc.com/yohji-yamamoto/yohji-yamamoto-mens-adjustable-tuck-pants/invt/yoh010027bla/
http://www.ln-cc.com/yohji-yamamoto/yohji-yamamoto-mens-wide-fold-pants/invt/yoh010023kha/

Also check out these for jackets -

**redacted** (distinctive and yet shouldn't be difficult to work into a typical wardrobe I think)
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/YOHJI+YAMAMOTO+POUR+HOMME/dept/men/tskay/B84CE7A2/rr/1/cod10/41227136RC/sts/sr_men80

Hope that helps.
Edited by Ivwri - 1/3/12 at 2:10pm
post #72 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Do you know anything about that jacket? runway pics or how heavy the wool might be? AKA how warm.

the boiled wool/rayon is pretty gorgeous in person. I saw another cut in the same material a few years back and loved it. Check measurements though, the boiled wool pieces from that collection runs pretty slim - the short coat w/ buttonable back in sz 4 pretty much runs like a regular size 2. They're unlined as well so probably not suitable for really cold winter, more like early spring/late fall. Would work well for a Tokyo winter, colder than that might be a problem (depending on layering of course). With that said, you should totally go for it! Not difficult to wear with a non-Yohji focused wardrobe as well.


I've been off the forums for some time so I was very pleased to return and see this thread. Thanks for bringing the quality, Ivwri!
post #73 of 5768
Also highly anticipating the aw12 show in a couple of weeks. He's been doing very well with his menswear since ss11 (I personally loved aw10 "4.1 the men" show as well but that was more of a best-of hit collection)
post #74 of 5768
I have an appreciation for how diverse the models he chooses to represent his collections are. Multiple races, body structures, heights, styles, etc. Each model, even dressed in normal clothes, has a unique face that adds something to the ensemble.
post #75 of 5768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post


I think you are right on the money with wanting a pair of pants and a jacket. I would hunt for a solid blazer from Yohji and a pair of pants. If you can throw in a shirt or two that would round it off nicely. When I started building up my wardrobe I focused on getting a good selection of pants before I started getting tops and more outerwear. One blazer will be enough to rotate multiple times and you can get some white shirts from other brands (very difficult to find oversized white shirts, but I see quite an okay selection of Y's for men and YYPH on eBay popping up with good regularity so you can always supplement from there). Knowing what your current wardrobe is like would help immensely though.
I don't know what size you are, 


thanks for the picks! I am a size 2 or 1, sometimes 0, so that unfortunately limits my choices. my current wardrobe is very designer depraved, i tailor most of my own clothes, I have the kind of drape-y oversized button down shirts that work with the stuff you sent. i think i just bought http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kanful/adp6006751/ these pants, but this website is very difficult to navigate.

 

I am going to buy the first jacket you sent me, it's exactly the kind of thing i had in mind! =)

 as far as the pants those adjustable tuck pants are amazing, both cleverly designed and unconventionally appealing, and it saddens me I cant afford them even at the reduced price. (art school is expensivefrown.gif)

 

in an ideal world I would also love to get one of yohji's large fitting coat/jackets.

 

I'll be working on attracting material wealth, so I wont be such a whiner, and will post fits when my order's arrive (perhaps that would give you an idea of my personal aesthetic)

 

again, thanks for your help thumbs-up.gif

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)