First time poster here. Just read through the entire thread (over a span of a few days), and all I can say is wow. Been a fan of Yohji and his work for many, many years, so I'm not sure why it took me this long to register and post. But I hope to contribute as much as many of you already have.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 382post #5717 of 65758/16/14 at 9:46am
Hello AW14, last Look of the Runway, most certainly not least.
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 95/5 wool/nylon
YYPH AW14 Look 40 YY Constellation Knit Cardigan - ( HF-K72-971 ) - in black, 100% wool. Size 3 ( OS ) with an oversized long silhouette. Heavy, beautiful construction, thick ribbed folded cuffs, 7B Yohji button closure with 3 ( smaller ) additional buttons for a stand/folded collar finish. 2 side pockets. Big white YY motif in a constellation configuration.
YYPH AW07 Look 7 Knit Insert Pants - ( HX-P07-122 ) - in black, 98/2 wool/nylon dry hand blend. Size 2 with a TTS fit, 7 belt loops, 2 back flapped buttoned pockets, right front coin pocket, 2 side pockets, black knit wool side insert stripes + thick foldable 90/10 wool/nylon ribbed hems.
Y's AW08 x Dr Martens Yohji 10 Eye Boots - ( ME-E53-752 ) - in black supple matte leather. Sz 2, 10 eyelet lace closure with inside zips, triple stitched diagonal toebox. AirWair soles.
Y-3 AW08 black cotton LS sweatshirt with shirt style cuffs and lower arms. CDG H+ belt.post #5718 of 65758/21/14 at 7:41pm
Long time reader, first time poster. I've been searching now for quite some time for any video footage of Yohji's AW06/07 collection for women. It truly is my favorite and I’m hell bent on seeing it in motion. I hate to lean on you all but I'm afraid I've reached the end of my research capabilities on this one. You’re assistance would be dearly appreciated.post #5719 of 65758/21/14 at 8:04pm
So I am another new poster that wants to say thank you for this thread, over the last 12 months it has helped me build up a Yohji wardrobe and I have been lucky enough to pick up some pretty amazing pieces that I might have glossed over if it wasn't for you all.
I'll try and contribute some pictures of some of the bits and pieces I have picked up along the way.
First up is this suit from AW01
Jacket is AW01 size 3, 98% Wool 2% Acrylic. Contrasting pattern patches on the lapels and under the collar. Blue dots are sewn in between the tweed pattern. Fully lined and incredibly warm.
Pants are AW01 size 3, 98% Wool 2% Acrylic. No contrasting pattern but they have suspender buttons as well as an interesting raised construction at the back where the suspenders attach.
Shirt has the old logo so I believe it is pre '95. Completely free size, no size tags. Absolutely massive shirt. I am a skinny 48 and you could fit another two people my size into this thing. It has only one button at the neck to fasten it and where the buttons would go on a normal shirt there is just a square shaped stitch. To put it on you have to pull the whole thing over your head. Sleeves are massive and roomy and there are two functional front pockets although one corner of each flap is sown down with the same square stitch.
Boots are Y's for Men but I have no idea of the year.
Edited by KongGeorgeVII - 8/21/14 at 8:44pmpost #5720 of 65758/21/14 at 8:20pmpost #5721 of 65758/21/14 at 9:11pmpost #5722 of 65758/22/14 at 7:33pmpost #5723 of 65758/23/14 at 2:12ampost #5724 of 65758/26/14 at 10:04ampost #5725 of 65758/26/14 at 10:37ampost #5726 of 65758/26/14 at 10:58ampost #5727 of 65758/30/14 at 1:09pmpost #5728 of 65758/31/14 at 2:28ampost #5729 of 65758/31/14 at 2:42ampost #5730 of 65759/6/14 at 9:37pm
So I was looking at Yohji Coats, specifically these 2 on Rakuten. I'm a little confused by the sizing however. They are both medium, but one is a 47 cm shoulder width, while the other is 56 cm. This seems wrong, as 56 cm is roughly 22 inches, which seems huge. My shoulders are roughly 18 inches apart, but I really like the 56 cm coat more than the 47. Thoughts? Here are the links to the 2 coats
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/070957-q/ 47 cm
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/051347-q/ 56 cm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina String Loafer 80228 Uetam 10.5 UK 17 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 38 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 42 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 44 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 47 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 53 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 54 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 56 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from Gaziano & Girling, RLPL x Edward Green & G&G and... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts