First time poster here. Just read through the entire thread (over a span of a few days), and all I can say is wow. Been a fan of Yohji and his work for many, many years, so I'm not sure why it took me this long to register and post. But I hope to contribute as much as many of you already have.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 382
Styleforum Top Picks
Hello AW14, last Look of the Runway, most certainly not least.
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 95/5 wool/nylon
YYPH AW14 Look 40 YY Constellation Knit Cardigan - ( HF-K72-971 ) - in black, 100% wool. Size 3 ( OS ) with an oversized long silhouette. Heavy, beautiful construction, thick ribbed folded cuffs, 7B Yohji button closure with 3 ( smaller ) additional buttons for a stand/folded collar finish. 2 side pockets. Big white YY motif in a constellation configuration.
YYPH AW07 Look 7 Knit Insert Pants - ( HX-P07-122 ) - in black, 98/2 wool/nylon dry hand blend. Size 2 with a TTS fit, 7 belt loops, 2 back flapped buttoned pockets, right front coin pocket, 2 side pockets, black knit wool side insert stripes + thick foldable 90/10 wool/nylon ribbed hems.
Y's AW08 x Dr Martens Yohji 10 Eye Boots - ( ME-E53-752 ) - in black supple matte leather. Sz 2, 10 eyelet lace closure with inside zips, triple stitched diagonal toebox. AirWair soles.
Y-3 AW08 black cotton LS sweatshirt with shirt style cuffs and lower arms. CDG H+ belt.
Long time reader, first time poster. I've been searching now for quite some time for any video footage of Yohji's AW06/07 collection for women. It truly is my favorite and I’m hell bent on seeing it in motion. I hate to lean on you all but I'm afraid I've reached the end of my research capabilities on this one. You’re assistance would be dearly appreciated.
So I am another new poster that wants to say thank you for this thread, over the last 12 months it has helped me build up a Yohji wardrobe and I have been lucky enough to pick up some pretty amazing pieces that I might have glossed over if it wasn't for you all.
I'll try and contribute some pictures of some of the bits and pieces I have picked up along the way.
First up is this suit from AW01
Jacket is AW01 size 3, 98% Wool 2% Acrylic. Contrasting pattern patches on the lapels and under the collar. Blue dots are sewn in between the tweed pattern. Fully lined and incredibly warm.
Pants are AW01 size 3, 98% Wool 2% Acrylic. No contrasting pattern but they have suspender buttons as well as an interesting raised construction at the back where the suspenders attach.
Shirt has the old logo so I believe it is pre '95. Completely free size, no size tags. Absolutely massive shirt. I am a skinny 48 and you could fit another two people my size into this thing. It has only one button at the neck to fasten it and where the buttons would go on a normal shirt there is just a square shaped stitch. To put it on you have to pull the whole thing over your head. Sleeves are massive and roomy and there are two functional front pockets although one corner of each flap is sown down with the same square stitch.
Boots are Y's for Men but I have no idea of the year.
Edited by KongGeorgeVII - 8/21/14 at 8:44pm
So I was looking at Yohji Coats, specifically these 2 on Rakuten. I'm a little confused by the sizing however. They are both medium, but one is a 47 cm shoulder width, while the other is 56 cm. This seems wrong, as 56 cm is roughly 22 inches, which seems huge. My shoulders are roughly 18 inches apart, but I really like the 56 cm coat more than the 47. Thoughts? Here are the links to the 2 coats
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/070957-q/ 47 cm
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/051347-q/ 56 cm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NIB Alden Captoes in CIGAR Shell Cordovan size 10E Hampton last 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...