Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/23/17 at 10:22am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 375post #5611 of 66745/17/14 at 7:35ampost #5612 of 66745/17/14 at 9:14ampost #5613 of 66745/17/14 at 10:46ampost #5614 of 66745/17/14 at 2:06pmpost #5615 of 66745/20/14 at 4:14ampost #5616 of 66745/20/14 at 10:04ampost #5617 of 66745/20/14 at 2:08pmpost #5618 of 66745/20/14 at 8:29pmpost #5619 of 66745/28/14 at 1:55pm
YYPH Spring / Summer 2000 Hangul Print Coat
“전에 한 직원에게 ‘센스가 좋다는 것은 무엇을 의미하는 것인가’ 라는 질문을 받은 적이 있습니다. 나는 그때 ‘글쎄, 안다는 것이 아닐까’ 라고 대답했습니다. 사물을 안다는 것은 매우 고통스러운 일이죠. 지적으로 되면 될수록 타인 혹은 자기 내부의 자신과 충돌이 일어나기 때문입 니다.’멋’이란 이런 일종의 고통이랄까, 안다는 것에서 오는 당혹함에서 발생하는 미묘한 표현이라고 생각합니다. 제가 목표로 하는 옷이란 알기 시작한 사람들에게 무엇인가를 전하고 싶다는 마음에서 출발했기 때문에 모르는 사람, 고통이 없는 사람에게는 전혀 필요하지 않습니다.”
"An employee of mine once asked me ‘what it means to have good taste’. I replied, ‘perhaps, it is a knowing’. knowing something is a very painful thing. The more you intellectualize it, it causes conflict between you and others or you and your inner self. As such, I think having good ‘taste’ is a form of pain, a subtle expression that arises from the dilemma of ‘knowing’." I began making clothing with the desire to create something for those who 'know', so my creations are completely unnecessary for those who do not 'know', or are not in pain.
I roughly translated this from the Korean interview in which the quote was said, which was already a rough translation of his words. Might not make 100% sense but I think you can get the general idea of what he means.post #5620 of 66745/28/14 at 2:10pmI think you have to translate 사물 as physical things or belongings so the emphasis isn't on just knowledge in general but knowledge of physical things. He's saying knowing physical things (I'm thinking things like clothing and fabrics and construction) causes strife and his clothing is for people that think and know about these things so much that it's a kind of pain or suffering
Which seems like an apt description of styleforum.
Thanks for the share tho that was very coolpost #5621 of 66745/28/14 at 4:38pmpost #5622 of 66745/28/14 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by indesertum
I think you have to translate 사물 as physical things or belongings so the emphasis isn't on just knowledge in general but knowledge of physical things. He's saying knowing physical things (I'm thinking things like clothing and fabrics and construction) causes strife and his clothing is for people that think and know about these things so much that it's a kind of pain or suffering
Which seems like an apt description of styleforum.
Thanks for the share tho that was very cool
Ah yeah my first thought was that he meant "objects" but I thought that it might have just been a poor translation by the publication that put out the interview, how you put it makes alot of sense too. Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by the shah
SS00 is my favorite season, hard to locate any pieces though. I have only two. Would like to add that third one, @Trouble are you hoping to acquire it?
Ah no, I just thought it was an interesting piece. I've seen this coat a few times recently, 3 on rakuten and 1 on Yahoo Japan, but I think some of those might have actually been the same piece being bought and resold by the actual second hand shops themselves.
You would look really good in it, I love how you wear Yohji's colours, I always stick to black and white but it's great to see it done other wayspost #5623 of 66745/28/14 at 5:25pmpost #5624 of 66745/29/14 at 5:00am
Chiming in the greatness of SS00 with a fit.
YYPH SS00 " Seatbelt " Blazer - 100% wool gabardine, small mandarin collar, 5B closure, red nylon back strip insert. Wire.Artist has a even better iteration of the same series, a majestic black on black Seatbelt Coat.
AW09 wool fedora, SS09 wool gabardine pants, CAUSE x George Cox leather Creepers. SS Tee.
Edited by davidlee388 - 5/30/14 at 2:47ampost #5625 of 66746/6/14 at 7:29am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina Tan Semi-Brogue Oxfords - UK8 (Inca last) 19 minutes ago
- › Price Drop - BNIB Vass Wingtip Boot MTO in Chestnut Inca Grain - F... 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...