Do you know how much is the YY underwear?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 38post #557 of 65923/1/12 at 1:52amGreat pieces indeed, Ivwri. And thanks for keeping us up to date with the online store's new stock. As you said with these prices it's crazy to get stuff from western stores if you can just as well get your hands on it from Japan by the hands of a reliable proxy like drew, also negating any risk of getting hit with customs fees.post #558 of 65923/1/12 at 2:47amThread StarterI won't lie, sometimes the convenience of just being able to add something I want to a shopping basket, checkout and have it with me two days later sometimes outweighs the benefit of getting the item cheaper elsewhere or later on, but thankfully, there isn't anything they have that I haven't already planned to get via Kichi Store (Drew's proxy service) anyway making it easier to resist temptation. LN-CC has pretty great customer service though and with VAT removed and the occasional spot discounts the prices do become a lot more palatable.
Some pretty nice knits posted a page back - especially that one with the tape measure on it - but I must resist.
As part of the build up to tomorrow's women's show, I thought I would post up the Limi Feu Fall/Winter 2012-13 show. I really like this and it looks like Ms. Yamamoto has really come into her own as a designer.
It's still very reminiscent of her father's designs and design philosophy, but to me she seems to somehow capture a youthful energy and a kind of punk attitude with her line that Yohji seems to not be able to. Probably as a result of her designing clothes that she herself would wear while Yohji designs by necessity as an outsider looking in.Quote:Originally Posted by sipangpost #559 of 65923/1/12 at 4:25am
05/06 y‘s line fw
quite nicely done with interesting shirt and men suits (better than many suits in mainline,my point of view)
i am always feeling sad that absence of y’s for men
enjoy itpost #560 of 65923/1/12 at 7:46ampost #561 of 65923/2/12 at 4:05amThread StarterBarneys.com has some current season YY in as well. Seems to be all shoes though. Two iterations of the leather ankle boot and the derbies as well. Hopefully, they will actually get some clothing in . There's also a pair of AW11 wool pants on sale in a size 3 for $399. They are the only online store I have seen with that particular style actually - drop crotch with a cinch at the back.
Sorry for not responding earlier. The price for the long boxers in look 17 is Y15,750 (or roughly $193) in Japan. I think they are all going for around this price. Not sure whether any of the US/EU/UK stockists are carrying them though.post #562 of 65923/2/12 at 2:35pmThread StarterWell, the Yohji Women's AW12-13 show was really cool imo. Will put up pictures tomorrow or whenever they are available from easier to download from websites, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.
Lots of nice cuts and the draping on a lot of the coats looked amazing. Really can't wait to see video of the show. A lot of the show seemed like a very smooth progression from SS12 men's and women's and AW12 men's. Large scarf/capes, napoleon-style lapels, oversized knits, shirts with slits on the shoulders, cropped pants, navy, black and red as a colour scheme...great show.
Not sure what was going on with the models and the poles in the venue. Looked pretty odd to me, but I guess the video will show more of that and put it into context.
I really liked the napoleon-style coat with the large hood. On a first pass, it's my favourite piece of clothing from the show .
Anyway, if anyone can put up pics before they show up on vogue.co.uk or style.com would be much obligedpost #563 of 65923/2/12 at 3:15pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply. $193 ouch! lolpost #564 of 65923/3/12 at 12:45amx-post, first impression:
This is glorious. Gut reaction says this is the best women's he's done since... mid-00's? I don't know. Need to gather my thoughts and see it in motion first, but inital impressions are very good, and I haven't been excited about his women's collections for quite some time now (excl the last one which I really liked as well).I'd say, definitely best since the reconstruction. The knitted stuff is gorgeous and reminds me of y's 03 I guess. I love the soft asymmetry he's done throughout the collection, just a slight shift in balance. Sleeves, or the reinterpretation of them, seem to be a focus point and are stunning pretty much throughout the whole thing. The cuts are just so good, as are the massive coats. The fabrics looks great and from what can be glimpsed here and on NF the backs are breathtaking.
The khaki and orange gave me some y's aw04 vibes, I see a little ss05, a pinch of aw04, and the red + black was the best thing he did with aw09 (iirc, I need to look through that one again).post #565 of 65923/3/12 at 2:28ampost #566 of 65923/3/12 at 7:06amThread StarterThanks for posting the images asobu.
Good stuff. I am still getting my head around Yohji's women's collections, but this one really stands out to me in terms of its vision and shapes. Like I said earlier, the napoleon coat is really great and in addition to that I love what he did with the accordion-pleated dress and a lot of the oversized knits. Some slung over like capes and others just worn to cover the body.
The use of this particular shade of red, platform heels and the way some of the dresses reveal skin makes me think he is flirting with more overtly sexy and aggressive looks for women, something that I think traditionally he has avoided doing so far (beyond his fascination with ladies' backs). This is really great to see, because it shows that he has definitely found renewed vigor for designing clothing. He has had three or four really good seasons in a row and looks like he is just getting started all over again
Can't wait to see this collection in motion.post #567 of 65923/3/12 at 8:05amYeah, I bet this looks amazing in motion so hopefully a video will surface any time now. I still don't really feel the very last part of the show judging from the pics (except for the excellent closing look) but at least he seems to have some fun with it. It does seem like it's closing in on the kabukicho women that he definitely didn't reference before, perhaps he's just broadening his palette or making at least a few things that will be easier to sell, but either way is more than fine by me.
Edited by asobu - 3/3/12 at 8:17ampost #568 of 65923/3/12 at 9:35ampost #569 of 65923/5/12 at 8:19pmpost #570 of 65923/6/12 at 10:56amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker
Not the best video to view the whole collection but also not so bad to see all the looks in motion.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for posting man. Really looked good in motion. Those outfits at the end and the corset-style dress (?) are still not doing anything positive for me, but the direction he seemed to be going in is an interesting one and looks like a change of pace/inspiration for Yohji after all these years. The music also helped cement what I thought were the inspirations for this, what with the sultry lighting, make up and use of red, heh.Quote:Originally Posted by sipang
Just a couple more old ads, hopefully not a repost Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not a repost at all and thanks for the maintenance bump . Been a bit busy and distracted lately so just come on SF to lurk. I should be attending a fashion week here in Lagos, so looking forward to wearing the wide hakamas out for that, will take pics
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 917 Active Users (111 Members and 806 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 17 seconds ago
- › P Johnson Goodies 36-38(slim) 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 28 minutes ago
- › How to take care of driving shoes? 35 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 38 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 42 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding