Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 7/24/16 at 6:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 370post #5536 of 65922/28/14 at 2:13pmpost #5537 of 65922/28/14 at 2:19pmpost #5538 of 65922/28/14 at 2:42pmpost #5539 of 65922/28/14 at 2:47pmpost #5540 of 65922/28/14 at 2:50pmQuote:
I don't follow YYF that much either. Asobu & Wire.Artist are def more qualified to comment. Really admire the master for pushing himself at this stage of his career. IMHO though, like for like, as a Runway presentation, this is much stronger than AW13. Also better than SS14 & SS13.
There is also a wider scope of wearability of these clothes in women's fashion. My Mrs said she would wear a lot of these catwalk pieces whilst I can't say the same about those of YYPH AW14 myself.post #5541 of 65922/28/14 at 3:19pmpost #5542 of 65922/28/14 at 5:03pmThread StarterYohji is really on fire this year. Also haven't had time to sit down and look through the pics, but on first pass, looks amazing. Love his play on proportions, shapes, and the form of the material for the duvet/blanket coats. Use of art in this is better than the men's collection imo.
Good stuff.post #5543 of 65922/28/14 at 8:16pmpost #5544 of 65922/28/14 at 10:22pmWhat separated this from the PH AW14 show ( and to this Yohji fan, at least more appealing ) is on the Runway there were ( I counted briefly ) 22 " black " Looks as opposed to ONE only in the men's ( the last Look ). That gave a better balance to the show, something for everyone.
I try to imagine what the flagship store will look like in 6 months, 4 of these coats will take up the whole rack haha.post #5545 of 65923/1/14 at 2:11ampost #5546 of 65923/1/14 at 1:42pmQuote:
So true. But this is also what I really like about Yohji's shops... every piece is given its own due / space, and that really allows you to consider (or re-look at) it.
I wasn't really interested in S/S 2014, but a trip to the Aoyama shop last week finally gave me an appreciation for it. Being very excited by the A/W 2014-2015 runway pics, I really look forward to seeing the whole collection (even pieces I know I won't buy) in store (women's line included).post #5547 of 65923/1/14 at 10:30pmpost #5548 of 65923/3/14 at 11:41am
This during a Far East break a few weeks back.
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS14 Look 21 Cut-out Shirt - ( HG-B10-217 ) - in black, 100% soft hand satin smooth rayon. Size 2 with a long fit, lovely collar. 7B closure, concealed except collar one. 2, 4 and 1 long cut-outs on upper chest, upper back and bicep areas respectively. Beautiful movement worn untucked.
YYPH SS14 Look 10 Wrap Skirt-pants - ( HG-P40-100 ) - in navy, 100% signature wool gabardine. Size 2 fits spot on. They break new grounds construction wise..I'll try my best to elaborate. Button closure with elasticated waist, drawstrings + 7 belt loops, zipped fly, 2 low-cut back buttoned pockets, 2 side pockets. Double layered construction, inner one as cropped pants, length is spot on, outer layer essentially a skirt with long split at back ( closed with 5 buttons ). Outer layer partly " wraps " the front left to right with buckle + long dangling strap. The silhouette + movement offered are simply astonishing especially with shirt tucked. Wool gabardine means a trans-seasonal piece, so versatile.
Consverse canvas hi-tops in black.post #5549 of 65923/3/14 at 11:44ampost #5550 of 65923/5/14 at 6:59amthought i'd share some recent pickups , as the thawing snows allow more and more freedom of choice rather than just thick dark wool layers :-)
ss11 straw hat
aw03 pick stitch wool gab jacket which sadly i cannot keep :-(
ss00 rayon shirt incredibly soft and cut long
ss00 high-waisted wool gab trousers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Trades - UK11/US12D: EG, JL, Alden, Vass, Carmina, Ralph... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › #BLM 11 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on this navy jacket 12 minutes ago
- › ALDEN whisky NST tanker 6.5D 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Cleverley appreciation thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding