Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 370post #5536 of 66752/28/14 at 2:13pmpost #5537 of 66752/28/14 at 2:19pmpost #5538 of 66752/28/14 at 2:42pmpost #5539 of 66752/28/14 at 2:47pmpost #5540 of 66752/28/14 at 2:50pmQuote:
I don't follow YYF that much either. Asobu & Wire.Artist are def more qualified to comment. Really admire the master for pushing himself at this stage of his career. IMHO though, like for like, as a Runway presentation, this is much stronger than AW13. Also better than SS14 & SS13.
There is also a wider scope of wearability of these clothes in women's fashion. My Mrs said she would wear a lot of these catwalk pieces whilst I can't say the same about those of YYPH AW14 myself.post #5541 of 66752/28/14 at 3:19pmpost #5542 of 66752/28/14 at 5:03pmThread StarterYohji is really on fire this year. Also haven't had time to sit down and look through the pics, but on first pass, looks amazing. Love his play on proportions, shapes, and the form of the material for the duvet/blanket coats. Use of art in this is better than the men's collection imo.
Good stuff.post #5543 of 66752/28/14 at 8:16pmpost #5544 of 66752/28/14 at 10:22pmWhat separated this from the PH AW14 show ( and to this Yohji fan, at least more appealing ) is on the Runway there were ( I counted briefly ) 22 " black " Looks as opposed to ONE only in the men's ( the last Look ). That gave a better balance to the show, something for everyone.
I try to imagine what the flagship store will look like in 6 months, 4 of these coats will take up the whole rack haha.post #5545 of 66753/1/14 at 2:11ampost #5546 of 66753/1/14 at 1:42pmQuote:
So true. But this is also what I really like about Yohji's shops... every piece is given its own due / space, and that really allows you to consider (or re-look at) it.
I wasn't really interested in S/S 2014, but a trip to the Aoyama shop last week finally gave me an appreciation for it. Being very excited by the A/W 2014-2015 runway pics, I really look forward to seeing the whole collection (even pieces I know I won't buy) in store (women's line included).post #5547 of 66753/1/14 at 10:30pmpost #5548 of 66753/3/14 at 11:41am
This during a Far East break a few weeks back.
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS14 Look 21 Cut-out Shirt - ( HG-B10-217 ) - in black, 100% soft hand satin smooth rayon. Size 2 with a long fit, lovely collar. 7B closure, concealed except collar one. 2, 4 and 1 long cut-outs on upper chest, upper back and bicep areas respectively. Beautiful movement worn untucked.
YYPH SS14 Look 10 Wrap Skirt-pants - ( HG-P40-100 ) - in navy, 100% signature wool gabardine. Size 2 fits spot on. They break new grounds construction wise..I'll try my best to elaborate. Button closure with elasticated waist, drawstrings + 7 belt loops, zipped fly, 2 low-cut back buttoned pockets, 2 side pockets. Double layered construction, inner one as cropped pants, length is spot on, outer layer essentially a skirt with long split at back ( closed with 5 buttons ). Outer layer partly " wraps " the front left to right with buckle + long dangling strap. The silhouette + movement offered are simply astonishing especially with shirt tucked. Wool gabardine means a trans-seasonal piece, so versatile.
Consverse canvas hi-tops in black.post #5549 of 66753/3/14 at 11:44ampost #5550 of 66753/5/14 at 6:59amthought i'd share some recent pickups , as the thawing snows allow more and more freedom of choice rather than just thick dark wool layers :-)
ss11 straw hat
aw03 pick stitch wool gab jacket which sadly i cannot keep :-(
ss00 rayon shirt incredibly soft and cut long
ss00 high-waisted wool gab trousers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 17 minutes ago
- › Italian Business Casual / Casual Wear 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...