Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 370
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't follow YYF that much either. Asobu & Wire.Artist are def more qualified to comment. Really admire the master for pushing himself at this stage of his career. IMHO though, like for like, as a Runway presentation, this is much stronger than AW13. Also better than SS14 & SS13.
There is also a wider scope of wearability of these clothes in women's fashion. My Mrs said she would wear a lot of these catwalk pieces whilst I can't say the same about those of YYPH AW14 myself.
I try to imagine what the flagship store will look like in 6 months, 4 of these coats will take up the whole rack haha.
So true. But this is also what I really like about Yohji's shops... every piece is given its own due / space, and that really allows you to consider (or re-look at) it.
I wasn't really interested in S/S 2014, but a trip to the Aoyama shop last week finally gave me an appreciation for it. Being very excited by the A/W 2014-2015 runway pics, I really look forward to seeing the whole collection (even pieces I know I won't buy) in store (women's line included).
This during a Far East break a few weeks back.
Tucked vs Untucked - win win all the same (Click to show)
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS14 Look 21 Cut-out Shirt - ( HG-B10-217 ) - in black, 100% soft hand satin smooth rayon. Size 2 with a long fit, lovely collar. 7B closure, concealed except collar one. 2, 4 and 1 long cut-outs on upper chest, upper back and bicep areas respectively. Beautiful movement worn untucked.
YYPH SS14 Look 10 Wrap Skirt-pants - ( HG-P40-100 ) - in navy, 100% signature wool gabardine. Size 2 fits spot on. They break new grounds construction wise..I'll try my best to elaborate. Button closure with elasticated waist, drawstrings + 7 belt loops, zipped fly, 2 low-cut back buttoned pockets, 2 side pockets. Double layered construction, inner one as cropped pants, length is spot on, outer layer essentially a skirt with long split at back ( closed with 5 buttons ). Outer layer partly " wraps " the front left to right with buckle + long dangling strap. The silhouette + movement offered are simply astonishing especially with shirt tucked. Wool gabardine means a trans-seasonal piece, so versatile.
Consverse canvas hi-tops in black.
ss11 straw hat
aw03 pick stitch wool gab jacket which sadly i cannot keep :-(
ss00 rayon shirt incredibly soft and cut long
ss00 high-waisted wool gab trousers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › VANS Maroon Leather Slip On Size 9 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Help me expand my "shoe collection". 8 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli, grey wool suit 38R 8 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - 24 May 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan