Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 369
Styleforum Top Picks
Hello from the Far East :)
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS05 Reversible Blazer - ( HY-J45-801 ) - in black/grey, 100% linen. Size 2 oversized silhouette, red buttons, 4B closure to small notch lapels with optional stand collar 5th button closure, black side with contrast red stitching, reverse side is dark grey. Truly reversible with 5B + 5 buttonholes on both left + right panels.
Y's for men Cargo Pants - ( MW-P11-104 ) - in black, season unknown, 100% woven wool. Size 3 enormous waist + general silhouette, 7 chunky belt loops, horn buttons, buttoned fly. 2 large cargo pockets closed by concealed buttons, 2 large back flapped pockets, concealed buttons. Very wide hems, worn here cropped.
Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ belt, black canvas Converse AllStar hi-tops
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 8:18am
Nice David. What's the interior of the jacket like? any other red elements?
I like that you often wear a hat.. it's like an exclamation point to all the volume of the clothes. it's probably been discussed previously but hats seem to be a consistent theme througout all of Yohji's work. The women's are especially amazing and wonderful. I think it's time for me to find a Yohji fedora. :-)
@Parker, thanks for the kind words. I always wear baseball caps with my " other " wardrobe with my " other " friends but it's actually you and Wire.Artist that inspired me to wear hats with the Yohji outfits, now it's 2nd nature and if Yohji clothes are like armour according to the master, why not protecting the head as well lol.
The reverse of the blazer, complete with its own bottom pockets as well:-
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 10:14am
hah ^ I just hope the baseball cap is SS2006 :-) I can't imagine you wearing anything else but Yohji.
I only have the one Y-3 blue straw fedora which I love the shape of. I wouldn't mind finding a black version of it as well or better yet a YYPH version with a nice silk ribbon. There are lots of other cool hats, but the fedora seems to go really well with blazers and other more 'classic' set-ups. plus I love the way Yohji himself wears one.
that 2005 jacket is pretty neat. I like the gray linen, has a lived-in, washed effect.
Fedora gives the dandy vibe imo. Plus wearing a hat removes the need to style one's hair lol.
The SS05 blazer is practical, baggy as opposed to recent collections' size 2s. It's a 9 year old piece so definitely lived-in. But some Yohji clothes, like the master himself, do improve with age
I thought last year's Y's/New Era collaboration caps looked cool! I don't really wear hats and certainly could never pull off a fedora but I liked them all the same.
They YY facebook page posted this recently: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427166084084541.1073741834.419903961477420&type=1 gives new detail on Sasada's contributions to A/W15.
How do you compare with previous collections David? haven't followed YYF.
Also are these the Japanese Gods Fujin and Raijin? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Would love to see Yohji san play with Japanese mythology in men's.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › ToJ Fishtail S | SS Chandler IV | SS Double Alpaca Jacket IV 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...