Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 369
Styleforum Top Picks
Hello from the Far East :)
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS05 Reversible Blazer - ( HY-J45-801 ) - in black/grey, 100% linen. Size 2 oversized silhouette, red buttons, 4B closure to small notch lapels with optional stand collar 5th button closure, black side with contrast red stitching, reverse side is dark grey. Truly reversible with 5B + 5 buttonholes on both left + right panels.
Y's for men Cargo Pants - ( MW-P11-104 ) - in black, season unknown, 100% woven wool. Size 3 enormous waist + general silhouette, 7 chunky belt loops, horn buttons, buttoned fly. 2 large cargo pockets closed by concealed buttons, 2 large back flapped pockets, concealed buttons. Very wide hems, worn here cropped.
Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ belt, black canvas Converse AllStar hi-tops
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 8:18am
Nice David. What's the interior of the jacket like? any other red elements?
I like that you often wear a hat.. it's like an exclamation point to all the volume of the clothes. it's probably been discussed previously but hats seem to be a consistent theme througout all of Yohji's work. The women's are especially amazing and wonderful. I think it's time for me to find a Yohji fedora. :-)
@Parker, thanks for the kind words. I always wear baseball caps with my " other " wardrobe with my " other " friends but it's actually you and Wire.Artist that inspired me to wear hats with the Yohji outfits, now it's 2nd nature and if Yohji clothes are like armour according to the master, why not protecting the head as well lol.
The reverse of the blazer, complete with its own bottom pockets as well:-
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 10:14am
hah ^ I just hope the baseball cap is SS2006 :-) I can't imagine you wearing anything else but Yohji.
I only have the one Y-3 blue straw fedora which I love the shape of. I wouldn't mind finding a black version of it as well or better yet a YYPH version with a nice silk ribbon. There are lots of other cool hats, but the fedora seems to go really well with blazers and other more 'classic' set-ups. plus I love the way Yohji himself wears one.
that 2005 jacket is pretty neat. I like the gray linen, has a lived-in, washed effect.
Fedora gives the dandy vibe imo. Plus wearing a hat removes the need to style one's hair lol.
The SS05 blazer is practical, baggy as opposed to recent collections' size 2s. It's a 9 year old piece so definitely lived-in. But some Yohji clothes, like the master himself, do improve with age
I thought last year's Y's/New Era collaboration caps looked cool! I don't really wear hats and certainly could never pull off a fedora but I liked them all the same.
They YY facebook page posted this recently: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427166084084541.1073741834.419903961477420&type=1 gives new detail on Sasada's contributions to A/W15.
How do you compare with previous collections David? haven't followed YYF.
Also are these the Japanese Gods Fujin and Raijin? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Would love to see Yohji san play with Japanese mythology in men's.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Going to Bangkok Thailand for a long while. Tailor, restaurant,... 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Weekender / Duffle suggestions 14 minutes ago
- › Douglas Fairbanks Jr. interview 17 minutes ago
- › SALT OPTICS SHAW - MATTE BLUE ACETATE EYEGLASSES 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015