Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 369post #5522 of 65932/23/14 at 6:00ampost #5523 of 65932/23/14 at 8:41pmpost #5524 of 65932/24/14 at 7:19am
Hello from the Far East :)
YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.
YYPH SS05 Reversible Blazer - ( HY-J45-801 ) - in black/grey, 100% linen. Size 2 oversized silhouette, red buttons, 4B closure to small notch lapels with optional stand collar 5th button closure, black side with contrast red stitching, reverse side is dark grey. Truly reversible with 5B + 5 buttonholes on both left + right panels.
Y's for men Cargo Pants - ( MW-P11-104 ) - in black, season unknown, 100% woven wool. Size 3 enormous waist + general silhouette, 7 chunky belt loops, horn buttons, buttoned fly. 2 large cargo pockets closed by concealed buttons, 2 large back flapped pockets, concealed buttons. Very wide hems, worn here cropped.
Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ belt, black canvas Converse AllStar hi-tops
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 8:18ampost #5525 of 65932/24/14 at 8:34am
Nice David. What's the interior of the jacket like? any other red elements?
I like that you often wear a hat.. it's like an exclamation point to all the volume of the clothes. it's probably been discussed previously but hats seem to be a consistent theme througout all of Yohji's work. The women's are especially amazing and wonderful. I think it's time for me to find a Yohji fedora. :-)post #5526 of 65932/24/14 at 9:08am
@Parker, thanks for the kind words. I always wear baseball caps with my " other " wardrobe with my " other " friends but it's actually you and Wire.Artist that inspired me to wear hats with the Yohji outfits, now it's 2nd nature and if Yohji clothes are like armour according to the master, why not protecting the head as well lol.
The reverse of the blazer, complete with its own bottom pockets as well:-
Edited by davidlee388 - 2/24/14 at 10:14ampost #5527 of 65932/24/14 at 10:38am
hah ^ I just hope the baseball cap is SS2006 :-) I can't imagine you wearing anything else but Yohji.
I only have the one Y-3 blue straw fedora which I love the shape of. I wouldn't mind finding a black version of it as well or better yet a YYPH version with a nice silk ribbon. There are lots of other cool hats, but the fedora seems to go really well with blazers and other more 'classic' set-ups. plus I love the way Yohji himself wears one.
that 2005 jacket is pretty neat. I like the gray linen, has a lived-in, washed effect.post #5528 of 65932/24/14 at 10:58am@Parker, haha my " other " wardrobe is 90% Y-3, the baseball caps are just Y-3 and good old Nike
Fedora gives the dandy vibe imo. Plus wearing a hat removes the need to style one's hair lol.
The SS05 blazer is practical, baggy as opposed to recent collections' size 2s. It's a 9 year old piece so definitely lived-in. But some Yohji clothes, like the master himself, do improve with agepost #5529 of 65932/25/14 at 6:32amQuote:
I thought last year's Y's/New Era collaboration caps looked cool! I don't really wear hats and certainly could never pull off a fedora but I liked them all the same.
They YY facebook page posted this recently: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427166084084541.1073741834.419903961477420&type=1 gives new detail on Sasada's contributions to A/W15.post #5530 of 65932/25/14 at 10:42ampost #5531 of 65932/25/14 at 1:27pmpost #5532 of 65932/25/14 at 4:08pmpost #5533 of 65932/28/14 at 1:12pmpost #5534 of 65932/28/14 at 1:25pmpost #5535 of 65932/28/14 at 2:05pm
How do you compare with previous collections David? haven't followed YYF.
Also are these the Japanese Gods Fujin and Raijin? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Would love to see Yohji san play with Japanese mythology in men's.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 29 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buttero Backzip Black Boots, size 43 (fits 43.5 - 44) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding