Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/3/16 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 366post #5476 of 66212/7/14 at 12:57pmpost #5477 of 66212/7/14 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #5478 of 66212/7/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
nice to hear from naija boyyyyyy
thanks for info homie hope all is well in your hoodpost #5479 of 66212/7/14 at 7:10pmpost #5480 of 66212/8/14 at 5:56am
Come to think of it, I've yet to see anything online. Most places seem to be ending their sales this weekend so I expect their new season listings are ready to go.
Conduit St, unsurprisingly, has had lots of SS14 for weeks.
In other news, I just won the Simon Le Bon 80s YYPH blue wool suit that's been knocking around ebay for weeks. When first listed it was £500, but they posted it again with a £150 starting price, I put in an opening bid for just that and to my surprise was the only bidder. I was expecting to see it go for at least a little more, around the £250-300 mark, so perhaps the Duran Duran association ended up lowering the price!
Not that I'm complaining, and hey, The Chauffeur is one of the all-time great 80s b-sides. That, and I'd have been happy paying that for the jacket alone, so the pants are a bonus.
Few small holes in the sleeve, but nothing that even I couldn't fix, not that it even seems visible in the first place.
I've actually never tried to wear size 3 (the suit is marked M) yohji mainline pants before, on account of how some of the sz2 pants I own are massive enough already. From the pictures it doesn't look slim, but not overly oversized. The waist is adjustable, and of course I own a belt. 34" inseam seems manageable. For non-Yohji I usually get a 32" leg, anticipating rolling things up a little, so these will probably just require an extra roll or two. Could get them taken up also, and if it doesn't work out they're promised to a friend already.
This'll be the first time I've handled a Yohji suit from the 80s, so colour me excited on that front.
I love the chest pockets.
One thing I'm slightly concerned about is the shoulder pads, because I won't see til I try it on where they'll fall on my body - if the jacket's on the bigger side I can imagine it looking off. It's not a course of action I'm likely to take, but does anyone have experience taking the padding out (done professionally or otherwise)?
Edited by StevenE - 2/8/14 at 6:11ampost #5481 of 66212/8/14 at 7:00am@Steven, a 80s Yohji blazer will have massive shoulders with the shoulder pads actually hanging " off " the shoulders almost completely. If you watch the V&A Yohji video The Poet of black ( or something like that title-wise ) it showed a AW84 YYPH catwalk, that's the kind of silhouette he created back then. The shoulders should complement the huge chest as well to give you that grand dad look. I won't change the shoulders if it's my jacket
#Authenticitypost #5482 of 66212/8/14 at 7:51ampost #5483 of 66212/8/14 at 11:46ampost #5484 of 66212/8/14 at 1:36pmpost #5485 of 66212/8/14 at 1:48pmpost #5486 of 66212/8/14 at 5:23pmpost #5487 of 66212/9/14 at 7:43pmI work sundays and mondays at IF in soho and we've had SS14 for about two weeks now
some great stuff for sure. highlights include double layer, skirted shorts that fasten with little a buckle. i'd be surprised if stores like ln-cc dont pick those up too. thanks to rick owens it's a look that's kind of in atm. also a really incredible ramie blend double breasted jacket with the lining peeking out from the sleeves. matching trousers with elastic waist and silk tuxedo stripe inserts. kind of difficult to describe in words. see it to believe itpost #5488 of 66212/10/14 at 1:37pmpost #5489 of 66212/10/14 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howell31
I work sundays and mondays at IF in soho and we've had SS14 for about two weeks now
some great stuff for sure. highlights include double layer, skirted shorts that fasten with little a buckle. i'd be surprised if stores like ln-cc dont pick those up too. thanks to rick owens it's a look that's kind of in atm. also a really incredible ramie blend double breasted jacket with the lining peeking out from the sleeves. matching trousers with elastic waist and silk tuxedo stripe inserts. kind of difficult to describe in words. see it to believe it
you should post photos of the items (if you're allowed to)
did you guys receive this shirt ?post #5490 of 66212/11/14 at 11:34pmQuote:
I had a Comme des Garcons Homme Plus Blazer from 1991 that had a 50cm shoulder width with alot of padding.
It was just unwearable, impossible to make look good no matter how much I played with proportions.
I decided to take out the shoulder padding, I just took a seam ripper to the inner lining of the jacket and just cut my way through until i found the pads, then cut them out. I didn't bother sewing up the lining or the inner parts either. I thought this would create a drop shoulder effect, but I guess the jacket is built with the pads in mind, so all it did was make it droop a bit but it still held its huge frame / shape.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway