Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 366post #5476 of 65332/7/14 at 12:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5477 of 65332/7/14 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #5478 of 65332/7/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
nice to hear from naija boyyyyyy
thanks for info homie hope all is well in your hoodpost #5479 of 65332/7/14 at 7:10pmpost #5480 of 65332/8/14 at 5:56am
Come to think of it, I've yet to see anything online. Most places seem to be ending their sales this weekend so I expect their new season listings are ready to go.
Conduit St, unsurprisingly, has had lots of SS14 for weeks.
In other news, I just won the Simon Le Bon 80s YYPH blue wool suit that's been knocking around ebay for weeks. When first listed it was £500, but they posted it again with a £150 starting price, I put in an opening bid for just that and to my surprise was the only bidder. I was expecting to see it go for at least a little more, around the £250-300 mark, so perhaps the Duran Duran association ended up lowering the price!
Not that I'm complaining, and hey, The Chauffeur is one of the all-time great 80s b-sides. That, and I'd have been happy paying that for the jacket alone, so the pants are a bonus.
Few small holes in the sleeve, but nothing that even I couldn't fix, not that it even seems visible in the first place.
I've actually never tried to wear size 3 (the suit is marked M) yohji mainline pants before, on account of how some of the sz2 pants I own are massive enough already. From the pictures it doesn't look slim, but not overly oversized. The waist is adjustable, and of course I own a belt. 34" inseam seems manageable. For non-Yohji I usually get a 32" leg, anticipating rolling things up a little, so these will probably just require an extra roll or two. Could get them taken up also, and if it doesn't work out they're promised to a friend already.
This'll be the first time I've handled a Yohji suit from the 80s, so colour me excited on that front.
I love the chest pockets.
One thing I'm slightly concerned about is the shoulder pads, because I won't see til I try it on where they'll fall on my body - if the jacket's on the bigger side I can imagine it looking off. It's not a course of action I'm likely to take, but does anyone have experience taking the padding out (done professionally or otherwise)?
Edited by StevenE - 2/8/14 at 6:11ampost #5481 of 65332/8/14 at 7:00am@Steven, a 80s Yohji blazer will have massive shoulders with the shoulder pads actually hanging " off " the shoulders almost completely. If you watch the V&A Yohji video The Poet of black ( or something like that title-wise ) it showed a AW84 YYPH catwalk, that's the kind of silhouette he created back then. The shoulders should complement the huge chest as well to give you that grand dad look. I won't change the shoulders if it's my jacket
#Authenticitypost #5482 of 65332/8/14 at 7:51ampost #5483 of 65332/8/14 at 11:46ampost #5484 of 65332/8/14 at 1:36pmpost #5485 of 65332/8/14 at 1:48pmpost #5486 of 65332/8/14 at 5:23pmpost #5487 of 65332/9/14 at 7:43pmI work sundays and mondays at IF in soho and we've had SS14 for about two weeks now
some great stuff for sure. highlights include double layer, skirted shorts that fasten with little a buckle. i'd be surprised if stores like ln-cc dont pick those up too. thanks to rick owens it's a look that's kind of in atm. also a really incredible ramie blend double breasted jacket with the lining peeking out from the sleeves. matching trousers with elastic waist and silk tuxedo stripe inserts. kind of difficult to describe in words. see it to believe itpost #5488 of 65332/10/14 at 1:37pmpost #5489 of 65332/10/14 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howell31
I work sundays and mondays at IF in soho and we've had SS14 for about two weeks now
some great stuff for sure. highlights include double layer, skirted shorts that fasten with little a buckle. i'd be surprised if stores like ln-cc dont pick those up too. thanks to rick owens it's a look that's kind of in atm. also a really incredible ramie blend double breasted jacket with the lining peeking out from the sleeves. matching trousers with elastic waist and silk tuxedo stripe inserts. kind of difficult to describe in words. see it to believe it
you should post photos of the items (if you're allowed to)
did you guys receive this shirt ?post #5490 of 65332/11/14 at 11:34pmQuote:
I had a Comme des Garcons Homme Plus Blazer from 1991 that had a 50cm shoulder width with alot of padding.
It was just unwearable, impossible to make look good no matter how much I played with proportions.
I decided to take out the shoulder padding, I just took a seam ripper to the inner lining of the jacket and just cut my way through until i found the pads, then cut them out. I didn't bother sewing up the lining or the inner parts either. I thought this would create a drop shoulder effect, but I guess the jacket is built with the pads in mind, so all it did was make it droop a bit but it still held its huge frame / shape.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Shibumi card holder... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...