Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 37post #542 of 65872/28/12 at 4:38amThread StarterQuote:
As soft as it looks and very comfy . It has a very nice pleating pattern at the lower back that looks great and can be seen in the runway video. It does have thin shoulder pads that I am debating removing, but other than that, very nice.post #543 of 65872/28/12 at 8:40amThread StarterWanted to remind everyone that Yohji is showing his women's Autumn/Winter 2012-2013 collection in 3 days .
The nowfashion.com link is here
Anyway, in the spirit of that I thought I would post a show, this time from Fall 2011. I know a few people had lukewarm feelings towards this show, but I like it. Quite a few riffs on some of his older designs (as is to be expected) with the "cage dress" being a good example, especially with the AW94/95 video that asobu posted a few pages back.post #544 of 65872/28/12 at 1:33pmhell yes, let's post some more winter collections in anticipation of friday night!
AW04 was the last of the 3 collections he presented for couture week (the first two being SS03 and AW03), not during the regular fashion week. Just like for the men's show, this is one of my favorite AW collections from the 00's and there's definitely some crossover with the menswear - the "punk" theme, the massive bag-like pockets (cf. YYPH SS91), lots of black gabardine, massive coats, cropped pants and tall boots etc. Appropriately symbolized by:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #545 of 65872/29/12 at 5:01amThread StarterCross-post from WAYWT, fit is all SS2012 except the sandals. The pants are amazing, not sure what they will be like in the other fabric iterations, but the silk one is a winner in my book . If I can get another pair in a different colour (most likely black), would not hesitate to pick it up.Quote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #546 of 65872/29/12 at 6:12ampost #547 of 65872/29/12 at 9:49ampost #548 of 65872/29/12 at 9:57amThread StarterLN-CC has their Spring 2012 drop in. Quite a few pieces including a version of the Hakama Pants A that Atelier also got in, but with blue stripes on it (looks really cool I think). They also have the cardigan/jacket from look 7 in a patterned silk which really looks tempting (if not for the price )
Anyway, the full first drop is herepost #549 of 65872/29/12 at 10:29ampost #550 of 65872/29/12 at 10:39ampost #551 of 65872/29/12 at 10:58amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Seems like ln-cc's are about double the Japanese price if I recall, maybe a little less but almost there. I think the general prices were like, 30,000-39,00Y'ish for shirts and stuff, maybe 140,000Y for the silk jackets - ln-cc has those for about $3000 it looks like.
Yeah most certainly almost double. Pretty crazy to pick up stuff that isn't exclusive to them (or any other non-Japanese retailer) or sold out in Japan to be honest. I do like the suspenders though and I didn't see those on the price list so will probably be getting one (been looking for suspenders in black for a while now).
Drew, did you see my PM?post #552 of 65872/29/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
LN-CC has their Spring 2012 drop in. Quite a few pieces including a version of the Hakama Pants A that Atelier also got in, but with blue stripes on it (looks really cool I think). They also have the cardigan/jacket from look 7 in a patterned silk which really looks tempting (if not for the price )
Anyway, the full first drop is here
insanely expensive, this is London （i live in here so i know that.....）
Lncc usually makes summer sale in July, have a try thenpost #553 of 65872/29/12 at 4:39pm
I think this is the case for all countries outside Japan....Here in US is even worse, with Forward apparently changing ownership the only accessible stores still carry Yohji now are Atelier and Barneys.......But both of them have very limited selections, and usually by the time sale hits, the good size(size 3 that is) is already gone.....Also quiet disappointing that most stores only carry one style of the Hakama pants.....Maybe I have to consider proxy a pair but I'm afraid they are already sold out in Japan.....
Saw the discussion about this knit earlier, and randomly bump into this on yahoo.....
Good price(for now), and my size, sigh....spending too much this month on clothing already...Might let fellow Yohji lovers give this knit a good home....
Looks like I never had luck on Yohji knits..... saw the manga girl one from 07? long time ago(one of my grail items) but missed out on the auction(Still kicking myself for not bidding higher on the sweater)
Missed out on this season's skeleton knits too during sale......Sigh, my hunt for Yohji knits still continues.....
Edited by elephantstone - 2/29/12 at 5:00pmpost #554 of 65872/29/12 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Cross-post from WAYWT, fit is all SS2012 except the sandals. The pants are amazing, not sure what they will be like in the other fabric iterations, but the silk one is a winner in my book . If I can get another pair in a different colour (most likely black), would not hesitate to pick it up.
Looks good, Ivwri. Curious though - are the buttoned cuffs adjustable at all?post #555 of 65872/29/12 at 11:46pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Brexit 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 23 minutes ago
- › MTM suit jacket: bunching near seam at lower back 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Color 8 Captoe Boot 9.5D & Brand New Sand Suede Indy 9.5E 28 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding