Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 360
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5387 of 64941/6/14 at 8:31ampost #5388 of 64941/6/14 at 9:25am
Hi Sokarul. Sorry if you've taken it the wrong way but I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I was, to be clear, asking if anyone here had handled clothing from that range. The only H&M collection I've ever handled in person was the Lanvin one, which IMO felt cheap and awful - mainly due to the materials and finishing. I'm curious as to whether CdG proved a better marriage (and I suspect it might).
I don't make a living selling Yohji (and, full disclosure, I've only ever put one item of clothing up for sale anywhere), and am not seeking the monetise (and never have done or will do) any of the information shared. I was just curious as to whether the CdG collaboration was worth looking at, from the perspective of a fan. I'm not researching anything, I'm not aiming at anyone. I try and participate fully in this thread- though I can't claim to have the wardrobes or knowledge of a lot of people here. That's precisely why I come here, and why this is one of the few places online I check each day.
Besides, I am doing my own research myself - that's why I bought a pair. I looked up the collection, was pleasantly surprised, and shared a couple of the looks that caught my attention. Once the pants arrive I will have the opportunity to handle them and see what I think for myself. I don't see how Rex's business model is relevant.
Yeah this is only tangentially related to Yohji - but Yohji and Rei share a 30+ year heritage and - to a large extent, consumer base. I'm not sure what you're advocating, or what aspect of behaviour you'd like me to change. I don't see the point, particularly, in a message board where people can't share, request, exchange interests and opinions.
Apologies to anyone if this, or the message prior, seemed inappropriate.post #5389 of 64941/6/14 at 9:40ampost #5390 of 64941/6/14 at 9:44ampost #5391 of 64941/6/14 at 1:29pmpost #5392 of 64941/6/14 at 2:14pmQuote:
That's a long time ago but yes I went to H&M in Trafford Centre Manchester and bought....a plain black cotton small collar LS shirt, a navy with white abstract circles LS cotton shirt and a boiled wool black peacoat. The shirts were £30 retail, the peacoat £129, all good quality for the price charged. I may get taken down by Comme fans ( I used to be one...) but I felt fabric wise the CDG x H&M wasn't incomparable to the real deal CDGH+. I prefer these shirts sometimes to the YYPH ones which have much bigger neck circumference on me that can look a bit bunched up. Pants are ok too but didn't buy any.
When the line was launched it only had a lukewarm reception, unlike a year later the frenzy created by the Jimmy Choo collab.post #5393 of 64941/9/14 at 5:24amDoes anyone exactly know what type of tag this is?
The different types of Y's For Men tags (Red Label, Black Label, Runway Pieces, Etc.) posted on page 60 of this thread have been a great reference when browsing for items, but this one isn't included and I'm curious as to what it signifies.
It's on a pair of pants on Rakuten I am interested in - Listed under Men's clothing, Size 3, the measurements all seem perfect, the button is on the right side (As opposed to the left for female trousers) - but I'd always assumed that this was a tag for the female Y's line.
Summary : Mens or Womens item? lol
Also there seems to be a new line underway called Y's Pink Label, I saw it on a facebook post by Japanese Y's outlet pages but I can't read Japanese and was too lazy to translate it :Ppost #5394 of 64941/12/14 at 5:54am
A very belated Happy New Year to all on this forum :)
These from the past few days.
SS10 hat - polypropylene
early 90s blazer - wool
SS07 overall - wool
Uniqlo - cotton
AW09 hat - wool
AW07 blazer - wool with wool insert
AW11 knit - wool
AW07 pants - wool with wool insert
Tee - cotton
CDG H+ belt - leather
Pataugas boots - leatherpost #5395 of 64941/14/14 at 1:11am
A new retrospective book on Yohji's career is to be released in a few weeks, seems quite comprehensive and will cover his life and career from 1968. It's in Japanese so we will have to hope for a translation in the near future, but for those who can read Japanese it is available for preorder on Amazon Japan:post #5396 of 64941/14/14 at 4:30am
dropped by the conduit st store last week to view the ss14 delivery, looking really promising. trousers were the standouts for me in particular: a lot of layering detail that wasn't captured in the runway photos, especially from the back. prices do seem to have gone up quite a bit though
also, spotted on y!jp:post #5397 of 64941/15/14 at 12:12amHi i wonder if you can help I am trying to find out more info about a coat I was gifted I can't find it anywhere online it is a yohji Yamamoto composition pour homme . Composition is laine wool,angora,cashmere and internal is 100% silk it is like the long belted trench coat only with no belt and a split up the back stopping below the waistpost #5398 of 64941/15/14 at 6:30ampost #5399 of 64941/15/14 at 10:16ampost #5400 of 64941/15/14 at 11:03amCan't believe 12 months have flown by so quickly.... It's a privilege and honour to have met 3 of the best dressed YY fans @ the AW13 show last year. I'm sure tomorrow's AW14 show will be a resounding success. Good luck Mr Yamamoto. Oh also the Y-3 show too.
@Hutch0202 looking at the code and refer to page 1 of this thread, it can be either AW01 or SS09. Look closely at the YY label the misspelled " instructions " is mainly ( or only? ) found in the older collections' pieces so pretty sure it's AW01 then.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › CK Calvin Klein Suits? Grey Label 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories