Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 360
Styleforum Top Picks
Hi Sokarul. Sorry if you've taken it the wrong way but I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I was, to be clear, asking if anyone here had handled clothing from that range. The only H&M collection I've ever handled in person was the Lanvin one, which IMO felt cheap and awful - mainly due to the materials and finishing. I'm curious as to whether CdG proved a better marriage (and I suspect it might).
I don't make a living selling Yohji (and, full disclosure, I've only ever put one item of clothing up for sale anywhere), and am not seeking the monetise (and never have done or will do) any of the information shared. I was just curious as to whether the CdG collaboration was worth looking at, from the perspective of a fan. I'm not researching anything, I'm not aiming at anyone. I try and participate fully in this thread- though I can't claim to have the wardrobes or knowledge of a lot of people here. That's precisely why I come here, and why this is one of the few places online I check each day.
Besides, I am doing my own research myself - that's why I bought a pair. I looked up the collection, was pleasantly surprised, and shared a couple of the looks that caught my attention. Once the pants arrive I will have the opportunity to handle them and see what I think for myself. I don't see how Rex's business model is relevant.
Yeah this is only tangentially related to Yohji - but Yohji and Rei share a 30+ year heritage and - to a large extent, consumer base. I'm not sure what you're advocating, or what aspect of behaviour you'd like me to change. I don't see the point, particularly, in a message board where people can't share, request, exchange interests and opinions.
Apologies to anyone if this, or the message prior, seemed inappropriate.
That's a long time ago but yes I went to H&M in Trafford Centre Manchester and bought....a plain black cotton small collar LS shirt, a navy with white abstract circles LS cotton shirt and a boiled wool black peacoat. The shirts were £30 retail, the peacoat £129, all good quality for the price charged. I may get taken down by Comme fans ( I used to be one...) but I felt fabric wise the CDG x H&M wasn't incomparable to the real deal CDGH+. I prefer these shirts sometimes to the YYPH ones which have much bigger neck circumference on me that can look a bit bunched up. Pants are ok too but didn't buy any.
When the line was launched it only had a lukewarm reception, unlike a year later the frenzy created by the Jimmy Choo collab.
The different types of Y's For Men tags (Red Label, Black Label, Runway Pieces, Etc.) posted on page 60 of this thread have been a great reference when browsing for items, but this one isn't included and I'm curious as to what it signifies.
It's on a pair of pants on Rakuten I am interested in - Listed under Men's clothing, Size 3, the measurements all seem perfect, the button is on the right side (As opposed to the left for female trousers) - but I'd always assumed that this was a tag for the female Y's line.
Summary : Mens or Womens item? lol
Also there seems to be a new line underway called Y's Pink Label, I saw it on a facebook post by Japanese Y's outlet pages but I can't read Japanese and was too lazy to translate it :P
A very belated Happy New Year to all on this forum :)
These from the past few days.
SS10 hat - polypropylene
early 90s blazer - wool
SS07 overall - wool
Uniqlo - cotton
AW09 hat - wool
AW07 blazer - wool with wool insert
AW11 knit - wool
AW07 pants - wool with wool insert
Tee - cotton
CDG H+ belt - leather
Pataugas boots - leather
A new retrospective book on Yohji's career is to be released in a few weeks, seems quite comprehensive and will cover his life and career from 1968. It's in Japanese so we will have to hope for a translation in the near future, but for those who can read Japanese it is available for preorder on Amazon Japan:
dropped by the conduit st store last week to view the ss14 delivery, looking really promising. trousers were the standouts for me in particular: a lot of layering detail that wasn't captured in the runway photos, especially from the back. prices do seem to have gone up quite a bit though
also, spotted on y!jp:
@Hutch0202 looking at the code and refer to page 1 of this thread, it can be either AW01 or SS09. Look closely at the YY label the misspelled " instructions " is mainly ( or only? ) found in the older collections' pieces so pretty sure it's AW01 then.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 5 minutes ago
- › Ute Ploier grey mohair long cardigan size M 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 13 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 25 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 40 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 41 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...