Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/6/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 351
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5252 of 648410/10/13 at 6:01pmwell, i've always rolled all my trousers which are all quite big at the hems save one pair that have more of a taper, but the brushed wool fabric so light and fluffy that despite the taper they just gently caress the tops of my shoes so i let them be. One great thing is one needn't fuss much about such details, as David pointed out ;-)post #5253 of 648410/10/13 at 10:59pmI definitely cherish the role of imperfection, asymmetry, and naturalness in Yohji's philosophy. That's why I wanted a good second opinion... why I posed the question here. Part of me feels like tapering slightly would be hardly noticeable, especially considering it's already at 6.5 (rarely have I ever seen a taper past 7" on a "classic" trouser). Normally, I might dare to be so pedantic, but when it comes to Yohji, I feel like over thinking such questions is against the overall philosophy; what might seem sloppy in other sartorial contexts, Yohji proves to be a sign of character. And that's what I'm striving for in the end and why I'm choosing Yohji in the first place. One could almost say, I'd rather negotiate my relationship to the fabric than obey some "rules" of tailoring (Forgive the poetry, I've had a few drinks tonight)
As it stands, I'm rolling about 4-5 times. The fabric is so thick, and the taper so severe, that I can't make the cuff more than about 1.5 inches (depending on the fit of the pant, a 30" inseam leaves me with one good break). In this state, the cuff is almost absurdly chunky however... I think I will elect to taper just 3-4 inches, still rolling once or twice, along davidlee's 1st bit of advice.post #5254 of 648410/11/13 at 10:19ampost #5255 of 648410/11/13 at 10:50ampost #5256 of 648410/11/13 at 10:53am^ so nice , especially that chunky-soled footwear that always seems to evade me !
excuse the phone pics but ...
rare are the occasions i find myself like a crow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)ss12 ramie cap
aw08 pick stitching wool gab db jacket
aw06 multi-pocketed wool gab trousers
i actually find this facial distortion scary
Edited by zapatiste - 10/11/13 at 12:28pmpost #5257 of 648410/11/13 at 11:11ampost #5258 of 648410/11/13 at 12:29pmpost #5259 of 648410/11/13 at 5:31pm
Just to add to the footwear horror stories, I bought a pair of the SS13 sneakers which completely unthreaded and came apart the very first time I wore them, within 20 minutes of putting them on.
The conduit street staff were very apologetic and repaired them free of charge (the stitching came back neater and stronger than before) so it had a happy ending but I would probably think twice about getting another YY pair, especially considering I'm no longer living in London.post #5260 of 648410/12/13 at 4:44ampost #5261 of 648410/12/13 at 11:38ampost #5262 of 648410/12/13 at 4:42pm
Families - The Lees and The Yamamotos
YYF SS11 Crown-less Boater Hat - ( FO-H01-931 ) - in black. 100% sisal with cut-out at the top.
YYF AW12 Look 9 Tassel Devil Coat - ( FD-C35-112 ) - in navy blue. 100% bouclé type wool. Size 2, unlined cape/coat hybrid, structured shoulders tipped with cotton tassels + 3 gun metal coloured brass paillettes. Open fronted, double pointed " lapel " construction. Collar and full length " inner " lapels completely detachable via 2 buttons at collar + 4 large double buttons on inner lapels giving styling options:- without them, inner lapels worn inside out creating a scarf effect or buttoned " normally " providing openings for the hands. Staggeringly beautiful piece.
YY Noir AW10 Asymmetrical LS Blouse - ( NC-B06-006 ) - in deep black, smooth, soft hand 55/45 rayon/cotton blend. Size 2 oversized fit. Mother of pearl buttons, 9B closure with unevenly spaced button placement + vertical/horizontal buttonholes. Hidden left inner strap allows a gathered asymmetrical fit at the waist to 3 buttons on right panel.
Limi Feu AW10 Look 1 Combat Boots - ( LC-E02-785 ) - in black. Size LL, smooth leather + nubuck construction. Long 46 uneven eyelet ( seriously, 2 x 23 ) lace closure with full length back zips for easy access. Commando soles. Spare yellow/black laces provided.
YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh.
YYPH AW10 4.1 The Men Tab Collar Coat - ( HJ-J66-100 ) - in black, 100% wool gabardine. Size 2, fully lined in cupro with 3 inside pockets, big horn buttons, 5B closure with a stand collar tab closure, 3B non working cuffs, long back vent.
YYPH SS06 Multi-pocket pants ( HR-P55-100 ) - sz 3, 100% black wool gabardine, large multi waist pockets/pouches.
Y's for men AW07 Ankle Boots - ( MX-A40-740 ) - Size 3 in black leather, 5 metal eyelet lace closure, Vibram commando soles.
Random leggings, Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ beltpost #5263 of 648410/13/13 at 6:45pmpost #5264 of 648410/15/13 at 9:50am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Fear of God S/S Half Zip Essential Hoodie in Black - Small 55 seconds ago
- › Fear of God S/S Half Zip Essential Hoodie in Grey - Small 4 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › APC Zipped Black Boots 8 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth