Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 1:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 351post #5252 of 666710/10/13 at 6:01pmwell, i've always rolled all my trousers which are all quite big at the hems save one pair that have more of a taper, but the brushed wool fabric so light and fluffy that despite the taper they just gently caress the tops of my shoes so i let them be. One great thing is one needn't fuss much about such details, as David pointed out ;-)post #5253 of 666710/10/13 at 10:59pmI definitely cherish the role of imperfection, asymmetry, and naturalness in Yohji's philosophy. That's why I wanted a good second opinion... why I posed the question here. Part of me feels like tapering slightly would be hardly noticeable, especially considering it's already at 6.5 (rarely have I ever seen a taper past 7" on a "classic" trouser). Normally, I might dare to be so pedantic, but when it comes to Yohji, I feel like over thinking such questions is against the overall philosophy; what might seem sloppy in other sartorial contexts, Yohji proves to be a sign of character. And that's what I'm striving for in the end and why I'm choosing Yohji in the first place. One could almost say, I'd rather negotiate my relationship to the fabric than obey some "rules" of tailoring (Forgive the poetry, I've had a few drinks tonight)
As it stands, I'm rolling about 4-5 times. The fabric is so thick, and the taper so severe, that I can't make the cuff more than about 1.5 inches (depending on the fit of the pant, a 30" inseam leaves me with one good break). In this state, the cuff is almost absurdly chunky however... I think I will elect to taper just 3-4 inches, still rolling once or twice, along davidlee's 1st bit of advice.post #5254 of 666710/11/13 at 10:19ampost #5255 of 666710/11/13 at 10:50ampost #5256 of 666710/11/13 at 10:53am^ so nice , especially that chunky-soled footwear that always seems to evade me !
excuse the phone pics but ...
rare are the occasions i find myself like a crow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)ss12 ramie cap
aw08 pick stitching wool gab db jacket
aw06 multi-pocketed wool gab trousers
i actually find this facial distortion scary
Edited by zapatiste - 10/11/13 at 12:28pmpost #5257 of 666710/11/13 at 11:11ampost #5258 of 666710/11/13 at 12:29pmpost #5259 of 666710/11/13 at 5:31pm
Just to add to the footwear horror stories, I bought a pair of the SS13 sneakers which completely unthreaded and came apart the very first time I wore them, within 20 minutes of putting them on.
The conduit street staff were very apologetic and repaired them free of charge (the stitching came back neater and stronger than before) so it had a happy ending but I would probably think twice about getting another YY pair, especially considering I'm no longer living in London.post #5260 of 666710/12/13 at 4:44ampost #5261 of 666710/12/13 at 11:38ampost #5262 of 666710/12/13 at 4:42pm
Families - The Lees and The Yamamotos
YYF SS11 Crown-less Boater Hat - ( FO-H01-931 ) - in black. 100% sisal with cut-out at the top.
YYF AW12 Look 9 Tassel Devil Coat - ( FD-C35-112 ) - in navy blue. 100% bouclé type wool. Size 2, unlined cape/coat hybrid, structured shoulders tipped with cotton tassels + 3 gun metal coloured brass paillettes. Open fronted, double pointed " lapel " construction. Collar and full length " inner " lapels completely detachable via 2 buttons at collar + 4 large double buttons on inner lapels giving styling options:- without them, inner lapels worn inside out creating a scarf effect or buttoned " normally " providing openings for the hands. Staggeringly beautiful piece.
YY Noir AW10 Asymmetrical LS Blouse - ( NC-B06-006 ) - in deep black, smooth, soft hand 55/45 rayon/cotton blend. Size 2 oversized fit. Mother of pearl buttons, 9B closure with unevenly spaced button placement + vertical/horizontal buttonholes. Hidden left inner strap allows a gathered asymmetrical fit at the waist to 3 buttons on right panel.
Limi Feu AW10 Look 1 Combat Boots - ( LC-E02-785 ) - in black. Size LL, smooth leather + nubuck construction. Long 46 uneven eyelet ( seriously, 2 x 23 ) lace closure with full length back zips for easy access. Commando soles. Spare yellow/black laces provided.
YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh.
YYPH AW10 4.1 The Men Tab Collar Coat - ( HJ-J66-100 ) - in black, 100% wool gabardine. Size 2, fully lined in cupro with 3 inside pockets, big horn buttons, 5B closure with a stand collar tab closure, 3B non working cuffs, long back vent.
YYPH SS06 Multi-pocket pants ( HR-P55-100 ) - sz 3, 100% black wool gabardine, large multi waist pockets/pouches.
Y's for men AW07 Ankle Boots - ( MX-A40-740 ) - Size 3 in black leather, 5 metal eyelet lace closure, Vibram commando soles.
Random leggings, Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ beltpost #5263 of 666710/13/13 at 6:45pmpost #5264 of 666710/15/13 at 9:50ampost #5265 of 666710/19/13 at 11:33pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Vass Black F Last Balmoral Oxford Captoes Size 44 (10.5/11) 25 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 31 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 34 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 35 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway