not feeling any of the black looks. everything is cut so close to the body that video is pretty much not needed for most looks.. the two set of colourful looks are probably the best thing in the whole collection. what a palette! and of course the burgundy knit with blue sleeves is out of this world, so mysterious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 349post #5221 of 65339/28/13 at 2:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5222 of 65339/28/13 at 4:47ampost #5223 of 65339/28/13 at 8:16amQuote:Originally Posted by davidlee388
Also thanks for posting those YYF SS14, the power of the media/www nowadays enables us to see these pictures within hours of the show. Wish we were there like last September since being there does change the perception of the show especially motion. Eager to see a video soon. His use of non-black, vivid colours and techno fabrics does seem to follow on from his YYPH SS14. Maybe it's market driven, maybe it's a reflection of his re-vitalized energy and upbeat mood? Who knows.....The superb asymmetry and tailoring is still there.
How this collection follows SS14? More like YYPH SS13. No techno fabrics too.
The cuts are similar to few jacket I've handle from SS99 and SS00. Also the gathered sleeve heads go back to SS10. Just looked closely and the other favorite of mine are the digital camo looks which reminding back to SS06. Wish there were more pocket looks like the neon one which hint AW04...post #5224 of 65339/28/13 at 8:33ampost #5225 of 65339/28/13 at 5:10pmpost #5226 of 65339/29/13 at 5:22pmpost #5227 of 65339/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #5228 of 65339/30/13 at 2:54pmpost #5229 of 65339/30/13 at 5:40pm
I've had this wool jacket for awhile now and it seems to be getting very little wear since it never gets cold enough here for wool jackets. It's pre-code, so I'm assuming it's around 88-92? (Maybe someone can correct me?) It's a size medium and I would love to trade it with someone here for another YY piece. Offers are fine too though. Figured I post it here before putting it up on ebay since I saw a similar one on there not too long ago.post #5230 of 653310/1/13 at 12:08pmpost #5231 of 653310/1/13 at 1:13pmpost #5232 of 653310/1/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks David and Kiko. I actually looked briefly at SS 2005, but somehow missed these. I think it's because the runway photos I've found are all from fairly far away, so the details aren't clearly visible. But I can see them now. Funny, I wouldn't have picked it for a spring/summer jacket. To me, and in the photo Benesyed posted, the fabric of the jacket looks quite thick, so I was expecting it to be a winter piece, with a weight similar to the "parachute" jacket that both David and I own. I've found a suit, which I think is the look below (the trousers are not on the runway). The trousers for the suit have an extra white or cream linen lining from the knee down, which can be turned up, as is done in many of the looks in this collection. I'm actually glad it's a summer piece, because I need some lighter jackets and trousers. Most of my YYPH stuff is on the heavier side
Edited by Arche - 10/1/13 at 2:40pmpost #5233 of 653310/2/13 at 12:30am
A package arrived today, but annoyingly, the boots I ordered are damaged. I thought I would ask if anyone can give me some advice. If Kiko is right, these boots are from the AW 2004 collection, which makes them 9 years old. The top is in very good condition, with almost no marks, and only very light wrinkling in one spot. The bottom of the rubber soles is also barely worn. However, the soles themselves (which are a lot like Dr. Martens soles) started peeling off as soon as I put the boots on and walked around the lounge room. In one case, the sole is now peeled off almost halfway. My first thought was that the previous owner had either tried replacing the original sole themselves, or had it done by a not very competent shoe repairer.
However, this seems unlikely. I can't see how someone could have totally trashed the first sole, thus necessitating a replacement, while keeping the uppers in such beautiful condition. Also, the rubber sole is made in Italy. I don't know much about replacement DM style soles, by I would assume they are made in China or somewhere similar.
So, my thought is that this must be the original sole, and that the boots have been sitting, unused, for many years, causing the glue to go brittle. I've never replaced a sole of this type, so my question to the DM wearers out there: Does this look like something that can be easily and solidly fixed by being glued on by a good shoe-repairer? Or does it look like I should ask for a refund and send the shoes back? To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that a YPPH boot like this would only be glued, and not also stitched. Any thoughts? Here are some photos:
Edited by Arche - 10/2/13 at 2:14ampost #5234 of 653310/2/13 at 3:26amsadly yy shoes are rubbish, my aw09 1250 $ frankestein sneakers fell apart in 5 days
loads of glue chez yy...only thing worth buying are his collabs with other brands, but then i feel like a shithead paying so much for docs with a zipper.
those bots are from the 90's, and you should ask for a refund, that sole will never stay in place.post #5235 of 653310/2/13 at 4:04am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher PTB by... 4 minutes ago
- › Is there a standard "size" for darts? 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...