or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 340

post #5086 of 5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatiste View Post

i wonder if my teal look24 size3 HX-J43-208 will be there :-)


It will probably be on Y! shortly after the event.

post #5087 of 5822
does anyone know the fabric codes for the jacket and pants?

post #5088 of 5822

Jacket - J48-100-2

Trousers - P53-100-2

post #5089 of 5822
Anybody got a lead on where I could find any of the items from Look 1 SS13? Size 2-3
post #5090 of 5822

Born To Kill? I am a draper, not a killer :)

 

 

 

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Hat - HZ-H05-127

YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Suit - HV-J06-114/ HV-P07-114

Y's for men AW07 Ankle Boots -  MX-A40-740 


Edited by davidlee388 - 8/17/13 at 5:54am
post #5091 of 5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Anybody got a lead on where I could find any of the items from Look 1 SS13? Size 2-3

 

The suit is listed for sale on SZ in a size 3.

post #5092 of 5822
Thanks. Looking at those measurements, I might need a 2.
post #5093 of 5822
BTW, xpost from recent purchases. Picked up the pants and sneakers from the totokaelo sale. I assume they are SS13 YYPH, but not really sure. The jacket is SS13 I won off Ebay. I've always wanted one of his colorful spring jackets so decided to take a chance on it. It's 100% rayon. Size 2, but the measurements are enormous so maybe a 1 size fits all type of item.


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTY1YTAyYjIwNTFlZTcyOTVkY2NlMTA1MWYwOTQ0OGRkOTQ2fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT03LzI1LzEzIDE6MzIgUE0=
post #5094 of 5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

BTW, xpost from recent purchases. Picked up the pants and sneakers from the totokaelo sale. I assume they are SS13 YYPH, but not really sure. The jacket is SS13 I won off Ebay. I've always wanted one of his colorful spring jackets so decided to take a chance on it. It's 100% rayon. Size 2, but the measurements are enormous so maybe a 1 size fits all type of item.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTY1YTAyYjIwNTFlZTcyOTVkY2NlMTA1MWYwOTQ0OGRkOTQ2fHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT03LzI1LzEzIDE6MzIgUE0=

 

Nice win on this Runway piece. It's not OS btw, I've seen and handled this in HK, it's very exquisite rayon like you said so it had the retail to match ( hkd 13500 ), even tho HK prices are near Jap retail. It's available in sz 4 as well.....It has batwing sleeves & 5B closure if I remember rightly. The supersized fit complements the superlight fabric :)


Edited by davidlee388 - 8/17/13 at 10:57am
post #5095 of 5822
is that a hooded piece or just an exaggerated collar all around ?
would love to see some fabric details on it , some of the rayon stuff is incredible
post #5096 of 5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatiste View Post

is that a hooded piece or just an exaggerated collar all around ?
would love to see some fabric details on it , some of the rayon stuff is incredible

It's normal type of notch lapels with 2 extra buttons for the optional stand collar look. It's worn open on the Runway hence you couldn't see the construction. SS13 is quite a masterful Runway collection.

post #5097 of 5822

last week.

 

post #5098 of 5822
Thanks for the info David. I wasn't aware of the batwing sleeves, but I can sort of see them watching the runway show now, but not really noticable. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not, but I couldn't resist that pattern.

I'd love to show you more photos Zapatiste, but they will have to wait until I visit my parents in the U.S. because that's where I had it shipped to.
post #5099 of 5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayin View Post

Have been reading this thread for quite a while, yet this is my first post here

I'm new to wearing Yohji and you fits are all inspiring!

From Instagram to SF, you've found this place in the end.

Very good fit, black on black on black on black very much my cup of tea smile.gif
post #5100 of 5822

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Thanks for the info David. I wasn't aware of the batwing sleeves, but I can sort of see them watching the runway show now, but not really noticable. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not, but I couldn't resist that pattern.

I'd love to show you more photos Zapatiste, but they will have to wait until I visit my parents in the U.S. because that's where I had it shipped to.

 

IMHO, it's not something that's hard to pull off, I have long shirt/jacket in cotton/cupro blend (one from atelier) and the batwing arm is unique and amazing on movement. All the batwing arms are raglan shoulders I think and it drapes quite beautifully. It's also not that noticable when you stand still with your arms down btw. I wore mine today and loved it.

 

---------------

For last week or so, I visited Atelier and Hotoveli here in nyc to check out the new yohji arrivals. Havn't had a chance to go to barneys yet, and I believe those three are stockist for yohji men here is new york.

 

Atelier buy is good as usual, I literally tried on every single item... the stand out piece for me was jumpsuit, cropped pants with leather belt and cotton fedora (which I ended up buying). Jumpsuit is so so good, all the details and many many pockets inside and outside, the lose but perfect fit and everything. I still couldn't buy it considering the price is a lot for something I'm not sure I can wear often, but I may still end up buying it, just couldn't pull the trigger yet. Pics don't do justice to the fedora, I always liked the non felted version of yohji fedoras that he does every season. The cropped pants with leather belts is not your normal wool garbadine, it's much rougher and thicker for winter, I've been told they called it the "old garbadine". Even though the fit and shape is nothing special (but is still classic yohji), the leather belt detail and unique fabric made it a stand out item for me.

 

Hotoveli always buys color pieces and they buy knits and I'm generally a fan of their knit and color buys. Hotoveli had one of the zip/button stand collar jacket, double front jacket, leather belted pants as well. Two knits they had were double breasted thick thick one in navy/greyish color that was beautiful and single breasted button high neck one in lighter grey with a huge black cat shape on the side. I did like both of their knits.

 

Funny thing is judging by barneys.com it looks like all three retailers in nyc bought double front jacket and leather belted cropped pants.

----------

 

If I may ask, please do let me know if any of you have and want to part with any of the following items or have a lead on any of them. I would pay good price for them. I prefer a size 2 but 1 or 3 may work depending on pieces.

 

AW09 work suit jacket in black. I just bought the pants and would like to complete the suit.

 

SS09 jackets with fabric code 305 (74% linen 26% cupro) and 010 ( 76% cotton 23% ramie 1% poly), I already have the pants and any most jacket type would work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)