It will probably be on Y! shortly after the event.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 340post #5087 of 66218/17/13 at 1:47ampost #5088 of 66218/17/13 at 3:12ampost #5089 of 66218/17/13 at 4:36ampost #5090 of 66218/17/13 at 5:04ampost #5091 of 66218/17/13 at 5:07ampost #5092 of 66218/17/13 at 5:10ampost #5093 of 66218/17/13 at 7:59amBTW, xpost from recent purchases. Picked up the pants and sneakers from the totokaelo sale. I assume they are SS13 YYPH, but not really sure. The jacket is SS13 I won off Ebay. I've always wanted one of his colorful spring jackets so decided to take a chance on it. It's 100% rayon. Size 2, but the measurements are enormous so maybe a 1 size fits all type of item.post #5094 of 66218/17/13 at 10:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Caveat
BTW, xpost from recent purchases. Picked up the pants and sneakers from the totokaelo sale. I assume they are SS13 YYPH, but not really sure. The jacket is SS13 I won off Ebay. I've always wanted one of his colorful spring jackets so decided to take a chance on it. It's 100% rayon. Size 2, but the measurements are enormous so maybe a 1 size fits all type of item.
Nice win on this Runway piece. It's not OS btw, I've seen and handled this in HK, it's very exquisite rayon like you said so it had the retail to match ( hkd 13500 ), even tho HK prices are near Jap retail. It's available in sz 4 as well.....It has batwing sleeves & 5B closure if I remember rightly. The supersized fit complements the superlight fabric :)
Edited by davidlee388 - 8/17/13 at 10:57ampost #5095 of 66218/17/13 at 10:53ampost #5096 of 66218/17/13 at 11:02amQuote:
It's normal type of notch lapels with 2 extra buttons for the optional stand collar look. It's worn open on the Runway hence you couldn't see the construction. SS13 is quite a masterful Runway collection.post #5097 of 66218/17/13 at 11:51ampost #5098 of 66218/17/13 at 12:09pmThanks for the info David. I wasn't aware of the batwing sleeves, but I can sort of see them watching the runway show now, but not really noticable. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not, but I couldn't resist that pattern.
I'd love to show you more photos Zapatiste, but they will have to wait until I visit my parents in the U.S. because that's where I had it shipped to.post #5099 of 66218/17/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
From Instagram to SF, you've found this place in the end.
Very good fit, black on black on black on black very much my cup of teapost #5100 of 66218/17/13 at 8:09pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Caveat
Thanks for the info David. I wasn't aware of the batwing sleeves, but I can sort of see them watching the runway show now, but not really noticable. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off or not, but I couldn't resist that pattern.
I'd love to show you more photos Zapatiste, but they will have to wait until I visit my parents in the U.S. because that's where I had it shipped to.
IMHO, it's not something that's hard to pull off, I have long shirt/jacket in cotton/cupro blend (one from atelier) and the batwing arm is unique and amazing on movement. All the batwing arms are raglan shoulders I think and it drapes quite beautifully. It's also not that noticable when you stand still with your arms down btw. I wore mine today and loved it.
For last week or so, I visited Atelier and Hotoveli here in nyc to check out the new yohji arrivals. Havn't had a chance to go to barneys yet, and I believe those three are stockist for yohji men here is new york.
Atelier buy is good as usual, I literally tried on every single item... the stand out piece for me was jumpsuit, cropped pants with leather belt and cotton fedora (which I ended up buying). Jumpsuit is so so good, all the details and many many pockets inside and outside, the lose but perfect fit and everything. I still couldn't buy it considering the price is a lot for something I'm not sure I can wear often, but I may still end up buying it, just couldn't pull the trigger yet. Pics don't do justice to the fedora, I always liked the non felted version of yohji fedoras that he does every season. The cropped pants with leather belts is not your normal wool garbadine, it's much rougher and thicker for winter, I've been told they called it the "old garbadine". Even though the fit and shape is nothing special (but is still classic yohji), the leather belt detail and unique fabric made it a stand out item for me.
Hotoveli always buys color pieces and they buy knits and I'm generally a fan of their knit and color buys. Hotoveli had one of the zip/button stand collar jacket, double front jacket, leather belted pants as well. Two knits they had were double breasted thick thick one in navy/greyish color that was beautiful and single breasted button high neck one in lighter grey with a huge black cat shape on the side. I did like both of their knits.
Funny thing is judging by barneys.com it looks like all three retailers in nyc bought double front jacket and leather belted cropped pants.
If I may ask, please do let me know if any of you have and want to part with any of the following items or have a lead on any of them. I would pay good price for them. I prefer a size 2 but 1 or 3 may work depending on pieces.
AW09 work suit jacket in black. I just bought the pants and would like to complete the suit.
SS09 jackets with fabric code 305 (74% linen 26% cupro) and 010 ( 76% cotton 23% ramie 1% poly), I already have the pants and any most jacket type would work.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Roberto Ugolini, First pair! 15 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 54 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...