Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 336post #5027 of 66577/18/13 at 5:26am
I'm really desperate to track down the SS2009 Dr. Y.Y. suit in a size 4. I've been looking for about a year now, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is there anywhere else, other than the second-hand market, and shops like LNCC or re-porter, where I might be able to track one down (assuming they weren't all sold-out). Is there some other shop or reseller where Yohji and co. would send unsold pieces from past collections (assuming that the size 4's of that suit weren't all sold out at the time)? I'll keep looking on Yahoo japan etc., but I'm not really that familiar with the market for high fashion, so I thought that maybe there are some places I simply haven't thought of.post #5028 of 66577/18/13 at 9:12ampost #5029 of 66577/18/13 at 1:14pmQuote:
Suyi is right to say place an ad in WTB section in SZ etc. Gilt Sale may have had that but surely if so all had been snapped up. It's more realistic for you to hunt down separates rather than a whole suit. The DR YY blazer has a dry hand fabric code of 105, 68/32 wool/cotton so you can identify the pants if you see them. If you can get the blazer first it's always cheat-able pairing with other black pants, like me. You will need sz 4 for the jacket but based on my experience with SS09 PH pants I doubt you will need more than a sz 3, they are all so hugely waisted.
Asobu and Wire.Artist are the only YY masters I know that possess the whole suit.post #5030 of 66577/18/13 at 8:15pm
That's good advice. Thanks. Oddly enough, there is now a Dr. Y. Y. blazer on re-porter (but very expensive, and in size 1).
On a vaguely related note, does anyone know what Yohji and co. do with items from past collections that remain unsold, and are not sent to other sellers (if this ever happens)? It's horrible to think of Yohji pieces being trashed, so I assume they remain in the archives?post #5031 of 66577/18/13 at 8:38pmunfortunately this is again a size 3
but it gives one hope that they exist out in the wild, if not for just inflated prices ...
what have you done with yours, Arche ?post #5032 of 66577/18/13 at 9:44pmpost #5033 of 66577/19/13 at 12:33ampost #5034 of 66577/20/13 at 9:12pmi really like that for sale fit david ... the monkey boots are nice subtle touch. i s'pose george cox is more accessible on your side
fotos to bump thread with
Left: Asymmetric ribbed jersey with extra long sleeves, Catalogue AW92.
Right: Catalogue SS85.
Left: Jacket with fitted waist and kimono sleeves in black wool with mottled weave worn over a long black taffeta skirt. AW95.
Right: Knitted coat with mottled effect. AW96.post #5035 of 66577/21/13 at 2:52ampost #5036 of 66577/21/13 at 11:49amWent to the London yohji store two days ago, really simple but calming store. It used to be an old rolls Royce dealership apparently.
Some new stock was there. I liked the pants with an elastic at the waist and cinched cuffs. Not sure of the model but it came in a cotton and a wool.
Peir wu bought this pair of high waisted trousers that looked like a skirt. Really nice.post #5037 of 66577/21/13 at 2:59pmpost #5038 of 66577/21/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
The Lookbook for SS13 with codes is still available to be viewed. Go to AW13 Lookbook and look at the bottom of the screen for archive, you will see it thenpost #5039 of 66577/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #5040 of 66577/21/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
The SS13 " For Sale " jacket with metal grenade hooks is not tailored like most YYPH blazers. It's a TTS fit with a small armhole syndrome. You and I are almost the same build. I've only ever handled size 1 and 3 of this piece. Size 3 fits me but with a ever so slightly oversized feel. Size 1...... you should forget it.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › What music are you listening to lately? 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 14 minutes ago
- › SUITSUPPLY NAPOLI 38R THREAD 23 minutes ago
- › Matt's Holiday Food Log (Holding Myself Accountable) 29 minutes ago
- › Shoe trade! Alden Cigar shell LHS 9.5C 39 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 47 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 53 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 54 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...