Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 336
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5027 of 65337/18/13 at 5:26am
I'm really desperate to track down the SS2009 Dr. Y.Y. suit in a size 4. I've been looking for about a year now, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is there anywhere else, other than the second-hand market, and shops like LNCC or re-porter, where I might be able to track one down (assuming they weren't all sold-out). Is there some other shop or reseller where Yohji and co. would send unsold pieces from past collections (assuming that the size 4's of that suit weren't all sold out at the time)? I'll keep looking on Yahoo japan etc., but I'm not really that familiar with the market for high fashion, so I thought that maybe there are some places I simply haven't thought of.post #5028 of 65337/18/13 at 9:12ampost #5029 of 65337/18/13 at 1:14pmQuote:
Suyi is right to say place an ad in WTB section in SZ etc. Gilt Sale may have had that but surely if so all had been snapped up. It's more realistic for you to hunt down separates rather than a whole suit. The DR YY blazer has a dry hand fabric code of 105, 68/32 wool/cotton so you can identify the pants if you see them. If you can get the blazer first it's always cheat-able pairing with other black pants, like me. You will need sz 4 for the jacket but based on my experience with SS09 PH pants I doubt you will need more than a sz 3, they are all so hugely waisted.
Asobu and Wire.Artist are the only YY masters I know that possess the whole suit.post #5030 of 65337/18/13 at 8:15pm
That's good advice. Thanks. Oddly enough, there is now a Dr. Y. Y. blazer on re-porter (but very expensive, and in size 1).
On a vaguely related note, does anyone know what Yohji and co. do with items from past collections that remain unsold, and are not sent to other sellers (if this ever happens)? It's horrible to think of Yohji pieces being trashed, so I assume they remain in the archives?post #5031 of 65337/18/13 at 8:38pmunfortunately this is again a size 3
but it gives one hope that they exist out in the wild, if not for just inflated prices ...
what have you done with yours, Arche ?post #5032 of 65337/18/13 at 9:44pmpost #5033 of 65337/19/13 at 12:33ampost #5034 of 65337/20/13 at 9:12pmi really like that for sale fit david ... the monkey boots are nice subtle touch. i s'pose george cox is more accessible on your side
fotos to bump thread with
Left: Asymmetric ribbed jersey with extra long sleeves, Catalogue AW92.
Right: Catalogue SS85.
Left: Jacket with fitted waist and kimono sleeves in black wool with mottled weave worn over a long black taffeta skirt. AW95.
Right: Knitted coat with mottled effect. AW96.post #5035 of 65337/21/13 at 2:52ampost #5036 of 65337/21/13 at 11:49amWent to the London yohji store two days ago, really simple but calming store. It used to be an old rolls Royce dealership apparently.
Some new stock was there. I liked the pants with an elastic at the waist and cinched cuffs. Not sure of the model but it came in a cotton and a wool.
Peir wu bought this pair of high waisted trousers that looked like a skirt. Really nice.post #5037 of 65337/21/13 at 2:59pmpost #5038 of 65337/21/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
The Lookbook for SS13 with codes is still available to be viewed. Go to AW13 Lookbook and look at the bottom of the screen for archive, you will see it thenpost #5039 of 65337/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #5040 of 65337/21/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
The SS13 " For Sale " jacket with metal grenade hooks is not tailored like most YYPH blazers. It's a TTS fit with a small armhole syndrome. You and I are almost the same build. I've only ever handled size 1 and 3 of this piece. Size 3 fits me but with a ever so slightly oversized feel. Size 1...... you should forget it.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 31 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?