Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 336
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm really desperate to track down the SS2009 Dr. Y.Y. suit in a size 4. I've been looking for about a year now, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is there anywhere else, other than the second-hand market, and shops like LNCC or re-porter, where I might be able to track one down (assuming they weren't all sold-out). Is there some other shop or reseller where Yohji and co. would send unsold pieces from past collections (assuming that the size 4's of that suit weren't all sold out at the time)? I'll keep looking on Yahoo japan etc., but I'm not really that familiar with the market for high fashion, so I thought that maybe there are some places I simply haven't thought of.
Suyi is right to say place an ad in WTB section in SZ etc. Gilt Sale may have had that but surely if so all had been snapped up. It's more realistic for you to hunt down separates rather than a whole suit. The DR YY blazer has a dry hand fabric code of 105, 68/32 wool/cotton so you can identify the pants if you see them. If you can get the blazer first it's always cheat-able pairing with other black pants, like me. You will need sz 4 for the jacket but based on my experience with SS09 PH pants I doubt you will need more than a sz 3, they are all so hugely waisted.
Asobu and Wire.Artist are the only YY masters I know that possess the whole suit.
That's good advice. Thanks. Oddly enough, there is now a Dr. Y. Y. blazer on re-porter (but very expensive, and in size 1).
On a vaguely related note, does anyone know what Yohji and co. do with items from past collections that remain unsold, and are not sent to other sellers (if this ever happens)? It's horrible to think of Yohji pieces being trashed, so I assume they remain in the archives?
but it gives one hope that they exist out in the wild, if not for just inflated prices ...
what have you done with yours, Arche ?
fotos to bump thread with
Left: Asymmetric ribbed jersey with extra long sleeves, Catalogue AW92.
Right: Catalogue SS85.
Left: Jacket with fitted waist and kimono sleeves in black wool with mottled weave worn over a long black taffeta skirt. AW95.
Right: Knitted coat with mottled effect. AW96.
Some new stock was there. I liked the pants with an elastic at the waist and cinched cuffs. Not sure of the model but it came in a cotton and a wool.
Peir wu bought this pair of high waisted trousers that looked like a skirt. Really nice.
The Lookbook for SS13 with codes is still available to be viewed. Go to AW13 Lookbook and look at the bottom of the screen for archive, you will see it then
The SS13 " For Sale " jacket with metal grenade hooks is not tailored like most YYPH blazers. It's a TTS fit with a small armhole syndrome. You and I are almost the same build. I've only ever handled size 1 and 3 of this piece. Size 3 fits me but with a ever so slightly oversized feel. Size 1...... you should forget it.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII... 10 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN POLO BY CORNELIANI SEERSUCKER SPORCOAT 37S 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015