Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 321
Styleforum Top Picks
I had the coats like this in my head when I wrote that:
Undeniably cool, but I wasn't exactly surprised to see it left on the shelf come the end of the season.
In fact based on my own personal experience and handling of the stuff in retailers and flagship stores I suspect there have been Y's stuff ( the cut and the use of certain buttons, or even prices dare I suggest ) marketed or disguised under the YYPH umbrella from SS10.
I respectfully disagree. For me, 90s were amazing (I really can't see anyone denying), 00s really represented a dry patch and then from 2009 I don't know what quite happened - a personel change at HQ perhaps - but I've loved it all.
I'd defend SS11 to the grave. Beautifully demented. A lot of the more outrageous - costumey yeah - pieces I thought could be taken apart and worn quite easily. I loved the double collared shirts - mostly hidden behind the huge ribbons on the runway. As a collection really like nothing I've seen before or since.
Its very literal ss11, there its not so much Yohji twist to the cuts and detailing. Few double lapels and double shirt collars.. The rest its replica of the garments he its been inspired by, just his fabrics. Its exactly what other fashion house are doing.. Easy to understand story. Funny enough I've got two looks from this collection.
Edited by dantebykiko - 4/21/13 at 6:07pm
But but but but but
Perhaps its because I really love the 18th century France vibe, down as much to the presentation as the clothing - but its a collection that really connects somehow.
On a related note, here I am on a tram in Bremen, back in 2011, wearing my first ever yohji purchase - the above lilac shirt -, albiet as part of the least yohji ensamble imaginable (and probably the least yohji-ish fit pic committed to this thread thus far). (weird angle, not what my face looks like)
Regarding the SS11 Floral Pieces on the Runway, I was informed ( I hope reliably ) by the Conduit Street Japanese SA at the time that because V & A was exhibiting YY in its venue ( we had the pleasure of attending twice ), Yohji-san was returning the favour by agreeing to use a selection of tapestry fabrics from the V & A Textile Section to make bespoke pieces for his show ( and subsequently onto the racks ). That's why those Floral Pieces looked a bit disjointed and rather out of place with the rest of the Runway. Still stellar pieces of course.
I'm a US 9 in most shoes and I need 3 or 4 in yohji shoes. I highly doubt size 2 would fit us 9.
I tried these on in HK 2 months ago in sz 2, I am UK size 7 and usually a Yohji sz 2 in footwear and found them quite generous and needing insoles. Beware they have creepers type thick soles so not very flexible. Hope this helps :)
Edited by davidlee388 - 4/22/13 at 8:35am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 57 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...