Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 321
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4802 of 65324/21/13 at 4:01pmQuote:Just curious where you see the statement pieces in aw12, apart from capes which cover the normal suits? Usually spring collection are full of statement pieces due to the extra color and moving fabrics which make them easy to be identify. I actually feel that the pre-bankrupt collections are been way stronger than now. Not many timeless pieces coming since then I think, which for me its key in Yohji's work. Maybe I just love mid/late 90's Yohji too much and think thats his best period.
I had the coats like this in my head when I wrote that:
Undeniably cool, but I wasn't exactly surprised to see it left on the shelf come the end of the season.post #4803 of 65324/21/13 at 4:12pmDefinitely agree on the pre-bankruptcy mens collections being much stronger, perhaps SS11 had flashes of brilliance, boosted no doubt by the V&A YY Exhibition and the Real Couple Catwalk around that time. My personal favourites are the 00s stuff.
In fact based on my own personal experience and handling of the stuff in retailers and flagship stores I suspect there have been Y's stuff ( the cut and the use of certain buttons, or even prices dare I suggest ) marketed or disguised under the YYPH umbrella from SS10.post #4804 of 65324/21/13 at 4:26pmpost #4805 of 65324/21/13 at 5:29pm
I respectfully disagree. For me, 90s were amazing (I really can't see anyone denying), 00s really represented a dry patch and then from 2009 I don't know what quite happened - a personel change at HQ perhaps - but I've loved it all.
I'd defend SS11 to the grave. Beautifully demented. A lot of the more outrageous - costumey yeah - pieces I thought could be taken apart and worn quite easily. I loved the double collared shirts - mostly hidden behind the huge ribbons on the runway. As a collection really like nothing I've seen before or since.post #4806 of 65324/21/13 at 5:53pm
Its very literal ss11, there its not so much Yohji twist to the cuts and detailing. Few double lapels and double shirt collars.. The rest its replica of the garments he its been inspired by, just his fabrics. Its exactly what other fashion house are doing.. Easy to understand story. Funny enough I've got two looks from this collection.
Edited by dantebykiko - 4/21/13 at 6:07pmpost #4807 of 65324/21/13 at 6:41pm
But but but but but
Perhaps its because I really love the 18th century France vibe, down as much to the presentation as the clothing - but its a collection that really connects somehow.
On a related note, here I am on a tram in Bremen, back in 2011, wearing my first ever yohji purchase - the above lilac shirt -, albiet as part of the least yohji ensamble imaginable (and probably the least yohji-ish fit pic committed to this thread thus far). (weird angle, not what my face looks like)post #4808 of 65324/21/13 at 6:47pmpost #4809 of 65324/22/13 at 4:57am
Regarding the SS11 Floral Pieces on the Runway, I was informed ( I hope reliably ) by the Conduit Street Japanese SA at the time that because V & A was exhibiting YY in its venue ( we had the pleasure of attending twice ), Yohji-san was returning the favour by agreeing to use a selection of tapestry fabrics from the V & A Textile Section to make bespoke pieces for his show ( and subsequently onto the racks ). That's why those Floral Pieces looked a bit disjointed and rather out of place with the rest of the Runway. Still stellar pieces of course.post #4810 of 65324/22/13 at 6:55ampost #4811 of 65324/22/13 at 7:03ampost #4812 of 65324/22/13 at 7:08amQuote:
I'm a US 9 in most shoes and I need 3 or 4 in yohji shoes. I highly doubt size 2 would fit us 9.post #4813 of 65324/22/13 at 7:51amQuote:
I tried these on in HK 2 months ago in sz 2, I am UK size 7 and usually a Yohji sz 2 in footwear and found them quite generous and needing insoles. Beware they have creepers type thick soles so not very flexible. Hope this helps :)
Edited by davidlee388 - 4/22/13 at 8:35ampost #4814 of 65324/22/13 at 8:22ampost #4815 of 65324/22/13 at 2:34pm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 25 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 28 minutes ago
- › Cordovan Color for Burgundy Shoes? 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...