Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/3/16 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 320post #4786 of 66214/20/13 at 1:22pmpost #4787 of 66214/20/13 at 3:33pmpost #4788 of 66214/20/13 at 3:44pmpost #4789 of 66214/20/13 at 3:55pmpost #4790 of 66214/20/13 at 3:55pm
buy the jacket. looks proper tight on the model...Quote:Originally Posted by Parker
yes, it was a comma* listing. and I know, I know!... I keep looking at that size 4 blazer that's been for sale. Size 3 would be ideal... but I'm tempted to just go for it. (calling enabler-in-chief :-)post #4791 of 66214/20/13 at 3:56pmpost #4792 of 66214/20/13 at 4:02pmpost #4793 of 66214/20/13 at 4:10pmpost #4794 of 66214/20/13 at 4:48pmpost #4795 of 66214/20/13 at 5:40pmpost #4796 of 66214/21/13 at 4:58ampost #4797 of 66214/21/13 at 8:41amThose Rex's aw07 pants looked almost black at first glance.....no bother, easy enough to find plain wool gab pants for the blazer.
I personally think the knit cuffed pants of that season are actually a better and more killer/coherent set up with the Look 8 knit insert blazer. I've seen a pair on Rakuten and as usual too late by the time Hide-San was instructed.post #4798 of 66214/21/13 at 9:33am
thanks guys, I knew the pants were a bit different fabric from the runway look... there's a subtle stripe in there. But, the whole 07 collection is one of my favorites, so I don't mind having a few different things from it. :-) maybe the plain gab version will show up some day. or as David mentioned, one of the knit cuff pants.
sidebar: Yohji on creativitypost #4799 of 66214/21/13 at 1:42pm
So has anyone else checked out the fragrances yet?
I dropped by Conduit Street yesterday and the femme offerings are all lovely - the standout for being being Yohji Senses. Feasibly unisex too - lemon, sandlewood, floral without being flowery - really great. Of the two mens fragrances I took home Yohji Homme. They're very different from each other - YH has a really intoxicating, alcoholic quality - there's a bar in London that serves a rum-based cocktail with lavender all around the base of the glass - and it reminds me a lot of that. I'd heard really good things about the original fragrance and it lived up to expectations. Hats off to Duriez. The other - YYH - is really subtle - like it manages to be all base note somehow. It seems very, very Japanese - all pear and yuzu.
They both compliment the brand really well too. It's a shame when brands drop the ball on secondary product lines like this. I remember when the RtW/tailor Ozwald Boateng, just down the road from Yohji on Savile Row - made a so called 'bespoke' line of fragrances, where you'd effectively have to mix and layer the perfume yourself whenever you applied it. Ridiculous, and just made you smell like you'd spilt a bottle of something on you.
Particularly happy that they relaunched the fragrances in that I've been looking to find a regular aftershave for a while now, and this is a fair bit cheaper than Serge Lutens. Not to drag the discussion down to the dreaded level of prices - they're much cheaper than I would have expected - £35 for 30ml, £45 for 50ml and US£65 for 100ml. Not outrageous, and the quality really speaks for itself.
Gave me a chance to browse the store too. S/S13 is just so strong, and so consistent - I really think there's an argument to be made its his best men's collection ever - up with S/S11 for me, and perhaps his most consistent and wearable - a real contrast to the season to follow and A/W12 which as a collection both seem to rely quite heavily on statement pieces, to a rather different effect.post #4800 of 66214/21/13 at 3:38pm
Sounds good! I need to check it out this week, been looking for good cologne too.
Just curious where you see the statement pieces in aw12, apart from capes which cover the normal suits? Usually spring collection are full of statement pieces due to the extra color and moving fabrics which make them easy to be identify. I actually feel that the pre-bankrupt collections are been way stronger than now. Not many timeless pieces coming since then I think, which for me its key in Yohji's work. Maybe I just love mid/late 90's Yohji too much and think thats his best period.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Over the Shoulders, Under the Knees: Long Coats 12 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 54 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 3 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway