Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 310
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4637 of 65333/31/13 at 12:39amStevenE you are absolutely right and well spotted, that's indeed Bowie wearing YYPH AW1984, the first season. ( I have a story about that season to tell in due course )
Anyway as far as I know ( giving my age away here ) from the magazines ( Smash Hits, the good old days! ) and TV at the time, David Bowie, George Michael, Sting and Frankie Goes To Hollywoood frrom the music industry were known to wear YYPH. The other possible sighting of YY on album covers is FGTH, but I'm not 100% sure. Also artistes could be spotted wearing the same pieces due to the relatively small collection available in UK at the time.post #4638 of 65333/31/13 at 12:47ampost #4639 of 65333/31/13 at 2:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
Here's a link with some pictures of FGTH wearing Yohji http://www.zttaat.com/article.php?title=603
Great find Guy
In fact my little Yohji story has something to do with Mr H Johnson, but I will tell that in time.
Notice the article mentioned Matsuda? It's a very strong brand in the 80s, not in the YY/CDG/IM calibre of course, but the aesthetics were similar to Yohji,...and Matsuda glasses/sunglasses were legendary. Wonder if my vintage Matsuda fits done some 26 years ago are allowed here lol?post #4640 of 65333/31/13 at 7:50ampost #4641 of 65333/31/13 at 8:59amIvwri speaking of marsell , i tried to find a pair of low-profile leather ones that were similar ito yours but ended up with these things...i find them to be too shapeless when viewed from any angle but straight above (which is really the only angle i or anyone else would see them but it bugs me to know this fact about them lol)
* relevant because some recent purchases included in the shots, yyph pre-00 sample shirt in speckled thick wool fabric, size M, with bits of navy and brown dotting the peppered color, the aw10 brushed wool i got from Torchier, and the light-weight wool lined in cupro Y's free size from rexpost #4642 of 65333/31/13 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
* relevant because some recent purchases included in the shots, yyph pre-00 sample shirt in speckled thick wool fabric, size M, with bits of navy and brown dotting the peppered color, the aw10 brushed wool i got from Torchier, and the light-weight wool lined in cupro Y's free size from rex
I will be a hypocrite if I say they looked amazing on you since you can't see much with those pictures esp the second one, you usually have some amazingly choreographed shots?
However I've seen those pants in the classified and Rex's page so they should have the usual Yohji attributes ( fabrics, construction, silhouette ). It's high time you post something with a face/smile ( Asobu did already )
Those shoes look fine btw.
Finally what does " oh dear " mean my friend? You won them didn't you? If so you will need the matching blazer ( OS sz 3 ) available in Cambonpost #4643 of 65333/31/13 at 9:39amThose pants are amazing, shah. Mentioned in rft, but I had a look at atelier's Yohji buy. Really great pieces in there. This shirt was surprisingly amazing in person. Pics don't capture how nice the fabric and details are.
http://ateliernewyork.com/tops/silky-cotton-back-gathered-button-down-shirt/?designer=Yohji+Yamamotopost #4644 of 65333/31/13 at 1:25pm
ss99 jacket, ss11 polo, ss99 pants, asics.
click down for something i'm thinking of selling. grail for me and absolutely stunning in person. AW09 DB military coat with the most beautiful buttons i've seen in my life. size 3.post #4645 of 65333/31/13 at 1:33pmpost #4646 of 65333/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #4647 of 65333/31/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
not me mate. got it from ebay.fr few months ago.Quote:Originally Posted by davidlee388
You do have serious shit stashed away
I haven't seen this Look 33 before irl or in auctions but I've handled Look 31 in the flagships before.
Do you have any details? Fabric ( wool gab? ) and measurements, and price?will take measurements in a sec and pm you.post #4648 of 65333/31/13 at 1:58pmpost #4649 of 65333/31/13 at 2:12pm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 33 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 39 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?