Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 306post #4576 of 65333/27/13 at 2:53amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4577 of 65333/27/13 at 4:10ampost #4578 of 65333/27/13 at 4:49ampost #4579 of 65333/27/13 at 5:14ampost #4580 of 65333/27/13 at 5:16ampost #4581 of 65333/27/13 at 5:48ampost #4582 of 65333/27/13 at 6:11am
Wow, thanks for all those responses. I particularly like the double waistcoat from AW2012 and the one posted by kiko. I realise my description was a bit confusing. The bit about it hiding an untucked shirt is not the essential thing. It's more that I love lots of layers, and the formality and old-fashioned vibe of a waistcoat, but find that the usual relatively short version doesn't always make for aesthetically pleasing proportions, especially with the looser lines of a typical pair of Yohji trousers. I also like when the layering works with a traditional combination of items, like the three-piece suit, but then breaks up the standard structure by having e.g. the shirt untucked, or the waistcoat hanging down below the jacket. I find that, at least for me, items that elongate the upper body seem to work well to balance out the voluminous shape of some of the trousers I have. A good example is the YYPH linen shirt I have which hangs down almost to the knees, and looks great with the YYPH blazer on top.post #4583 of 65333/27/13 at 7:21amI check Y! Japan everyday for any stuff suitable. I opened the bookmarked browser just then and noticed Y! changed the format.....rather annoyingly.
You can't see individual items with seller IDs at a glance anymore. Also there is nowhere on the browser to specify your own price range, neither can you specify new unused items to look at also.
Has anyone experienced this too?post #4584 of 65333/27/13 at 8:15ampost #4585 of 65333/27/13 at 8:35amQuote:
Really? I need to look into it
Congrats! I know which pair you mean, I was tracking those too ( but not participating ). He kept saying cha***** ain't his Y! account.
14503 yen is an exceptional pricepost #4586 of 65333/27/13 at 9:12amYeah, right.. I'm expecting to see aw06 blazer with zipper lapels.. Wasn't so sure if I want those pants but I was sure I didn't want him to have them.. Now they are growing in me and can't wait to see how they will fit. Lost an other paid few days ago simply because I didn't bid the first time and after they got relisted and decided to bid..post #4587 of 65333/27/13 at 10:08amQuote:Originally Posted by dantebykiko
Yeah, right.. I'm expecting to see aw06 blazer with zipper lapels.. Wasn't so sure if I want those pants but I was sure I didn't want him to have them.. Now they are growing in me and can't wait to see how they will fit. Lost an other paid few days ago simply because I didn't bid the first time and after they got relisted and decided to bid..post #4588 of 65333/27/13 at 10:26ampost #4589 of 65333/27/13 at 11:16amThread StarterThanks Parker. The tshirt is by Rxmance. Picked it up from ln-cc if I remember correctly, when they were still stocking the brand wish I got more now . I sized up and I think that was the right choice for the neck and generally looseness.
Another tshirt I have been eying is the 20s tshirt by Merz B Schwanen. Looks like it would go perfectly with a casual jacket etc.post #4590 of 65333/27/13 at 2:22pm
Oh, thanks man. The 20s shirt has also got a nice shape. I wonder if they have some other colors.
A blustery spring day here. Probably a bit too cold for this, but I'm ready for warming weather.
SS2012 cotton napolean sz2
SS2009 cotton/ramie drop-crotch super-giganto sz2
SS2012 indigo canvas tennies
Edited by Parker - 12/17/14 at 6:29pm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...