or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 299

post #4471 of 5922

Congratulations on scoring those zipper trousers, kiko! Do you mean the size 4 ones that just finished on Ebay? I was tempted, but decided not to bid in the end, since I already have what seems to be an almost identical pair. Knowing the drama you had with the other zipper trousers, I'm really glad I didn't bid! I'll be interested to hear more about them. The seller claims that they are 100% wool, but the ones I have, which look identical to the ones on Ebay, are a blend of 65% wool/ 35 % nylon, which makes them very tough, and goes well with the zipper feature, though for that reason makes them move less fluidly than some of my other Yohji trousers. 

 

On the subject of long sought for items, my Yohji grail-quest has started focusing more and more on two items. I am desperate to get either of the following suits in a size 4. I've seen lots of Yohji outfits that I would love to wear on different occasions, and this applies to some of my more formal YYPH purchases (e.g. the long coat from the Gypsy collection); but I could see myself living in either of these two suits more or less permanently. I just love everything about them: elegant, nonchalant, striking and original without being showy . . . If anyone comes across either suit, or any of the pieces individually, in a size 4, and is not possessed by a desire to possess themdevil.gif, then please send me a PM.

 

 

 

post #4472 of 5922
Met a local friend of mine and he had this particular YYPH blazer which i found to be something similar to what Iwri has. Kinda interesting fabric which felt like lightweight linen. Thought you guys might be interested. Maybe someone here could have been looking for these. The label had this code HV-J19-305.
post #4473 of 5922
dbl post.
post #4474 of 5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arche View Post

Congratulations on scoring those zipper trousers, kiko! Do you mean the size 4 ones that just finished on Ebay? I was tempted, but decided not to bid in the end, since I already have what seems to be an almost identical pair. Knowing the drama you had with the other zipper trousers, I'm really glad I didn't bid! I'll be interested to hear more about them. The seller claims that they are 100% wool, but the ones I have, which look identical to the ones on Ebay, are a blend of 65% wool/ 35 % nylon, which makes them very tough, and goes well with the zipper feature, though for that reason makes them move less fluidly than some of my other Yohji trousers. 

 

On the subject of long sought for items, my Yohji grail-quest has started focusing more and more on two items. I am desperate to get either of the following suits in a size 4. I've seen lots of Yohji outfits that I would love to wear on different occasions, and this applies to some of my more formal YYPH purchases (e.g. the long coat from the Gypsy collection); but I could see myself living in either of these two suits more or less permanently. I just love everything about them: elegant, nonchalant, striking and original without being showy . . . If anyone comes across either suit, or any of the pieces individually, in a size 4, and is not possessed by a desire to possess themdevil.gif, then please send me a PM.

 

 

 

the code says 100 so i'm pretty sure they are not blend. i was planning to go very high, didn't want to lose a pair again... and luckily this style are the trousers worn with my jacket on the runway by SUGGS from Madness. now its time to sell few stuff.

post #4475 of 5922
Congrats Kiko! Speaking of grails...




My first wool gabardine pants bounce2.gif
post #4476 of 5922

saw those. really beautiful... i remember missing them out on ebay from an other seller for £90... too dressy for my liking and won't wear them too much but indeed grail...

post #4477 of 5922
Did you get in that color ? Outstanding. There's a sz2 in black and I recently spotted a dark green...
post #4478 of 5922

Does anyone know anything about Yohji Yamamoto Gothic Homme. I've come across a very few pieces, and I'm interested to know where it stands in terms of quality relative to Y's for Men, what the focus of it was etc. The name makes it sound like Noir for men.The pieces I've seen have all been shirts, but I haven't been able to handle them in person, so I can't speak for the quality of fabric or construction. 

post #4479 of 5922

Grail according to this Yohji Disciple.

 

post #4480 of 5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

Did you get in that color ? Outstanding. There's a sz2 in black and I recently spotted a dark green...

Black, that color is in a different fabric perhaps even more beautiful. never ending search..laugh.gif
post #4481 of 5922

saw couple of those knit pieces in tokyo's 2nd hand shops. was thinking of picking a long cardigan but the knit was too heavy and seems to be peeling a lot..

 

post #4482 of 5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post

saw couple of those knit pieces in tokyo's 2nd hand shops. was thinking of picking a long cardigan but the knit was too heavy and seems to be peeling a lot..

[/URL]

No peeling on yours truly's one my friend. A knit insert coat is a different ball game to a knit cardigan in my opinion. Full low down in due course smile.gif
post #4483 of 5922
If any size 3 is interested I have put the rare knit sleeve coat IC/FS ... only because it could fund more other yy purchases biggrin.gif
post #4484 of 5922
My penalize knit is in pretty awesome condition still biggrin.gif
post #4485 of 5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlee388 View Post


No peeling on yours truly's one my friend. A knit insert coat is a different ball game to a knit cardigan in my opinion. Full low down in due course smile.gif

they had the short version jacket with half knitted back. same fabric, same feeling. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)