Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 282
Styleforum Top Picks
there probably wont be much spring stuff left but if there is and its good (and lets be honest, most of it is) I will be dramatically upgrading my collection!
edit: The tanks are a little rediculous though. I'd be surprised if they sell well. Not worth 500 dollars for cotton tanks that look like longer AA tanks.
I don't think the 500 dollars for that tank is justified on feel or aesthetic.
There are some cool videos on V&A that show the various print methods Yohji tends to use and they are all done by old craftspeople in Japan by hand (like the silk jackets from SS12 or the hand embroidered jackets from SS11 to quote more recent examples.)
Hand-done work in Japan is pretty expensive from what I understand. Not justifying the pricing, just saying that that is usually how it goes with Yohji's printed/embroidered items.
also most of the tanks are knitted and depending on the knit it can be very expensive. not to say all little details and slits. its not like someone took scissors and cut it open. as yegwa said the prints are even more expensive because yohji doesn't use some mass production factory. + shipping, taxes etc. and last lets not forget that you paying for the design too. some people losing sleep over those basic tanks.
hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have handled this at all? i left it alone before because it looked so fragile, but it recently popped up on LN-CC for 80% off, and at that price i couldn't pass it up.
it looks like it wouldn't last a week to be honest, i want to know if perhaps it may be more durable than it looks? if worst comes to worst i'm sure it'd make a nice scarf though.
You just summed up your discussion by the last sentence. If you see some blazers and pants you like a lot you'll find ways to justify the price.
Generally speaking western customers are being charged a lot more ( not just Tees, everything ) for Yohji. It's geography I'm afraid. You win some, you lose some. People in HK pay considerably more for Paul Smith, Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford etc.
i think it all depends on what somebody want.
if you want a black tee that not many ppl own - even when it looks like a normal tee - then you have to pay 400.- for a "normal" tee.
i own several tees of yyph and miyake and yes, its good quality but not better than the normal tees i wear from an italian company and they cost 70.- euro.
printed tees are a different cup of tea.
do somebody know the fit of this item?
it looks a bit on the smaller side.
i am a bit cautious because many ss 12 items did not fit me even in size 4 and the items are final sale.
thanx in advance.
maybe this will help you to understand how it will fit you:
• Height: 6'2”
• Chest: 39
• Model is wearing a Yohji size 3 /Medium
Certainly. It's probably more so my view of the tank as a piece of clothing. A long white relaxed fit tank is pretty much perfection in my eyes. And that can be less than 50 bucks. Whereas things like knits or blazers or trousers are more versatile in my mind. So a yohji blazer which has so many interesting details and twists is an intellectual design pleasure whereas a tank is just a simple tank. Much like I would just wear a black t shirt from a no name.
I look at any piece of ( Yohji ) clothing in 3 criteria regarding if it justifies the price.
3. 1 & 2 combined
So take a tank as an example I guess there's not a lot of innovative/trick construction that can set it apart from a lesser brand ( in terms of heritage/reputation ) then one has to look at the fabric. However when an online store just describes something as cotton is to sell it really short. Fabrics are such important backbones in Yohji clothing to achieve its particular aesthetics and silhouettes. You really have to handle and try those tanks on then you may start to understand why they cost the way they cost.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 11 minutes ago
- › New in Box Gaziano & Girling Kent Black Calf + Black Suede Balmoral... 11 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 13 minutes ago
- › New in Box Gaziano & Girling Antibes in Vintage Oak 16 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 34 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...