wrap, tuck, and outer-pocket jackets all in wool gab
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:21 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 278post #4156 of 65962/1/13 at 8:20ampost #4157 of 65962/1/13 at 8:23ampost #4158 of 65962/1/13 at 10:48amThread Starterpost #4159 of 65962/1/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Hey Ivwri, I just PMed you in another social medium about something which may interest you
Btw I cannot upload any pics in this thread without my PC and I'm 6000 miles from it atm.
Edit:- SS13 is very very good after a third encounter.post #4160 of 65962/1/13 at 11:27ampost #4161 of 65962/1/13 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by davidlee388
60/35/5 alpaca/nylon/wool blend. Size 3 ( only size available ) 7B closure, quite low V-neck, very long but very nice in person. The buttons and button hole placket are constructed on a different panel giving a 3-D effect. I will be happy to buy this ( in the sale lol )
finally got itpost #4162 of 65962/1/13 at 4:36pmpost #4163 of 65962/1/13 at 4:41pmpost #4164 of 65962/1/13 at 4:53pmpost #4165 of 65962/1/13 at 5:55pmpost #4166 of 65962/1/13 at 9:00pmpost #4167 of 65962/2/13 at 7:33amCan one of the resident experts point out the details that makes one pair a wrap vs. tuck? And anyone know what the japanese retail is on the above?
The local store received their 1st drop and they had 2 similar pairs of the above pants in wool gab + 1 in rayon. One of the wool gabs used a drawstring waist enclosure, with pleats front and back, 2 side pockets and ties at the hem on the inside. The other wool gab used a drawstring and button enclosure at the waist with 2 back pockets with buttons, ties at the hem which showed on the outside and noticeably less pleats. They both seemed to fit the same even the the front & back pleated pair was a size 2 and the other was a size 3.
The rayon pair differed from the wool gabs in that it did not have any ties at the hems. Instead they ran an elastic around the leg of the pant about 12" from the bottom hem. It was also a little shorter than the wool gabs and really looked like a skirt when on. I think these ones were on Look 35.
The store also had a pair of the turquoise blue patterned pants. The biggest difference between this pair and the other 3 black pairs was that it had a drop crotch. I never tried it on as the store was closing.
Sorry no codes as the SAs don't really give you time to snap any pics of the tags. One of the gabs had 023 and the other 047 as part of the code.
Edited by sshum - 2/2/13 at 7:48ampost #4168 of 65962/2/13 at 7:45amThread StarterI think I could shed some light on the wrap vs tuck difference.
Basically, the wrap iterations have an extra layer of fabric that wraps around the side and is fastened somehow to the front of the pants.
This can be undone so that the extra layer of fabric is free to move around when you do.
If those who have actually handled the collection could chime in as well that would be great.
Unfortunately, no idea of Japanese pricing at the moment. You could shoot Sharpservice an email?post #4169 of 65962/2/13 at 7:53amOk that makes sense now. The pairs I tried definitely were not the wrap version then. Hide-san seems to have gone MIA these days so need to find a new proxy. But without the actual codes, it's hard to tell the proxy what to look for as there seems to be a few variations of the same pant with different details.post #4170 of 65962/2/13 at 8:07amThread Starter
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 1074 Active Users (193 Members and 881 Guests)
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Vass 42.5 U-last Double Monk Dark Brown Museum Calf 7 minutes ago
- › Amount of Fabric Needed for Suit and Pants 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › BNWT Aeronautica Militare Brown Leather jacket/bomber size... 18 minutes ago
- › What kind of coat should I buy for that can handle winter? 20 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 22 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding