Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 270post #4037 of 65771/17/13 at 7:46ampost #4038 of 65771/17/13 at 9:58amThread Starterpost #4039 of 65771/17/13 at 10:01ampost #4040 of 65771/17/13 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #4041 of 65771/17/13 at 10:18amhaha that's awesome !
as the higher res pics trickle in ... a size 2 can make due with this (it's a 3 but seller normally takes 2 and says this fits fine!)
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f118827228post #4042 of 65771/17/13 at 10:48amThread StarterSeriously this is weird. I have been searching high and wide for a really cool apron and what happens? Yohji does one for AW13.
Was already prepping myself to drop the money on the Damir one-piece boilersuit and then Yohji does one for this season.
Collection was really cool I think. Lots of nice nods to older collections and pieces, winter-weight hakamas and kilts, some of the shirting looked pretty interesting, great looking knits, and lots of DB jackets (although I was hoping for some comically oversized ones like he used to do in some older collections).
I especially like this look -post #4043 of 65771/17/13 at 12:17pmpost #4044 of 65771/17/13 at 12:32pmpost #4045 of 65771/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterBeen trying to figure out whether there's a central theme to this collection and it feels more like a mix of various themes from previous collections that Yohji felt like revisiting.
There are so many awesome-looking pants here. Guess we will know better when the video comes out, but from a first pass, quite a few of them look great.
We have the wrap skirts showing up, overalls and jumpsuits which I believe Yohji has not done in a while, the Scottish theme with the kilts and kilt-based styling (which I guess could be seen as a natural progression from his Eastern men-in-"skirts" exploration in SS12 to Western men-in-skirts now). Not sure what I think about the prints. They just seemed on-trend at the moment and were not really subversive or humourous to me. I liked how over-the-top his use of fur was though.
The styling was pretty cool here. Great layering and use of the skirts, would love to see everything in motion.
Now to wait on the impressions from the guys that were there
EDIT - Looking at the whole thing again, I wonder whether there was some pressure on Yohji to follow the trends a bit and this was Yohji's way of basically saying "No way!". I also feel like there was a lot more input from his team on this than normal for some reason...
Also, damn, missed Parker's original post?post #4046 of 65771/17/13 at 12:58pmToo tired and too close a vantage point to really form a definite opinion, it's such a blur. But the theme is Scottish, bag pipe tunes. And Afghan Hound. We had the whole show in video so will go over it a few times..... but we already know YY SS shows have always been stronger than his AW ones lately, right?
Fur? More faux fur. Some glittering and animal print stuff are saying more AW12 Y-3 to me. Some blazers sleeves are very short, and cut rather slim. The jumpsuits and overall can be Regulation Pour Homme.
My wife and I had a better time straight after the show with some truly great guys The iPad cannot upload anything meaningful, in fact I can't believe you guys can see pictures in hi res online barely 3 hours after the Catwalk....
Edited by davidlee388 - 1/17/13 at 10:26pmpost #4047 of 65771/17/13 at 1:00pm
hehe, sorry for the ninja edit. I felt like I left a knee-jerk reaction... basically the first view left me a little confused -- purple cheatah prints, red fur cuffs, butcher aprons, tweed hunting jackets with kilt-skirts. I realize some of these things have been themes Yohji has explored in the past, but the overall takeaway here was a bit incongruent for me -- Scottish fugitive on safari hiding out in discoteque? ;-) then I thought it might be like a good album where you need a few listens before you "get it." so maybe I should wait to let it sink in.
still... the tweed jackets, double breasteds and that ulster coat are all pretty sweet and I would wear those in a heartbeat.post #4048 of 65771/17/13 at 1:55pmpost #4049 of 65771/17/13 at 2:03pmFor plebes unable to attend
I loved all the speckled black pieces. I love this effect in general and combined with the yohji twist it was fantastic!
These pants were a surprise to me reminded me of something you could see at MMMpost #4050 of 65771/17/13 at 4:20pm
I've yet to see anything in motion but, basically, it's gotten me really excited.
It's easily his least, well, sane collection in a while. The last one to strike me as properly mad was S/S11 (which manages to be perhaps my favourite YYPH collection ever, while simultaneously being the one with the fewest items I'd actually want to wear.) I can't quite put my finger on it but everything has a very drawn quality, by which I mean in every aspect from the lines and contours to the prints and detailing the looks look literally like drawings. Like cartoons.
This for instance
It's as though it's not quite here. It's the neck and ankles especially that hammers the effect home. It's something quite new and very very exciting.
Oh and all the jackets with the button-strap detailing are beautiful.
Edited by StevenE - 1/17/13 at 4:31pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Chippewa tan renegade versus Redwing featherstone chestnut 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 9 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding