Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 270
Styleforum Top Picks
as the higher res pics trickle in ... a size 2 can make due with this (it's a 3 but seller normally takes 2 and says this fits fine!)
Was already prepping myself to drop the money on the Damir one-piece boilersuit and then Yohji does one for this season.
Collection was really cool I think. Lots of nice nods to older collections and pieces, winter-weight hakamas and kilts, some of the shirting looked pretty interesting, great looking knits, and lots of DB jackets (although I was hoping for some comically oversized ones like he used to do in some older collections).
I especially like this look -
There are so many awesome-looking pants here. Guess we will know better when the video comes out, but from a first pass, quite a few of them look great.
We have the wrap skirts showing up, overalls and jumpsuits which I believe Yohji has not done in a while, the Scottish theme with the kilts and kilt-based styling (which I guess could be seen as a natural progression from his Eastern men-in-"skirts" exploration in SS12 to Western men-in-skirts now). Not sure what I think about the prints. They just seemed on-trend at the moment and were not really subversive or humourous to me. I liked how over-the-top his use of fur was though.
The styling was pretty cool here. Great layering and use of the skirts, would love to see everything in motion.
Now to wait on the impressions from the guys that were there
EDIT - Looking at the whole thing again, I wonder whether there was some pressure on Yohji to follow the trends a bit and this was Yohji's way of basically saying "No way!". I also feel like there was a lot more input from his team on this than normal for some reason...
Also, damn, missed Parker's original post?
Fur? More faux fur. Some glittering and animal print stuff are saying more AW12 Y-3 to me. Some blazers sleeves are very short, and cut rather slim. The jumpsuits and overall can be Regulation Pour Homme.
My wife and I had a better time straight after the show with some truly great guys The iPad cannot upload anything meaningful, in fact I can't believe you guys can see pictures in hi res online barely 3 hours after the Catwalk....
Edited by davidlee388 - 1/17/13 at 10:26pm
hehe, sorry for the ninja edit. I felt like I left a knee-jerk reaction... basically the first view left me a little confused -- purple cheatah prints, red fur cuffs, butcher aprons, tweed hunting jackets with kilt-skirts. I realize some of these things have been themes Yohji has explored in the past, but the overall takeaway here was a bit incongruent for me -- Scottish fugitive on safari hiding out in discoteque? ;-) then I thought it might be like a good album where you need a few listens before you "get it." so maybe I should wait to let it sink in.
still... the tweed jackets, double breasteds and that ulster coat are all pretty sweet and I would wear those in a heartbeat.
I loved all the speckled black pieces. I love this effect in general and combined with the yohji twist it was fantastic!
These pants were a surprise to me reminded me of something you could see at MMM
I've yet to see anything in motion but, basically, it's gotten me really excited.
It's easily his least, well, sane collection in a while. The last one to strike me as properly mad was S/S11 (which manages to be perhaps my favourite YYPH collection ever, while simultaneously being the one with the fewest items I'd actually want to wear.) I can't quite put my finger on it but everything has a very drawn quality, by which I mean in every aspect from the lines and contours to the prints and detailing the looks look literally like drawings. Like cartoons.
This for instance
It's as though it's not quite here. It's the neck and ankles especially that hammers the effect home. It's something quite new and very very exciting.
Oh and all the jackets with the button-strap detailing are beautiful.
Edited by StevenE - 1/17/13 at 4:31pm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 6 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 10 minutes ago
- › Exclusive La Portegna x No Man Walks Alone collaboration zip wallet... 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 14 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...