Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 262post #3917 of 66211/7/13 at 4:56ampost #3918 of 66211/7/13 at 6:11ampost #3919 of 66211/7/13 at 7:44am
So has anyone ever seen the leg-warmers from a/w09 online anywhere?
I think this look is amazing, and a great way to pull together wider cut pants for the slimmer wearers. I would love a pair but I've never been able to find them or even anything even tangentially related/similar. It's not a look subsequent collections have returned to either. It's weird that something so small has basically come the item I most seem to seek after...post #3920 of 66211/7/13 at 1:12pmpost #3921 of 66211/7/13 at 1:18pmQuote:
Bene my boy, please tell me that this is how you will buy your trousers from now on! I'll be totally honest with you and say that while you've improved a lot I still struggled to enjoy some of your outfits. This, however, is fucking stellar and much better than your short jacket, high roll, cropped sleeve looks w/ tapered pants
Hope you will post this in the wawyt thread, since I would like to see the reactions
footwear could still use some work though, but you know that already : )post #3922 of 66211/7/13 at 1:20pmpost #3923 of 66211/7/13 at 1:51pmThread Starterpost #3924 of 66211/7/13 at 2:13pm
Really Bene, I'm 99.99999% certain that centre crease/pressed line on your pants wasn't there per se. Dry-clean, iron, whatever, get rid of it, it's distracting the voluminous nature of your silhouette. It aint a mean criticism :)
Edit:- I am more drawn to those outrageous peak lapels on a single breasted blazer, i.e. good enough to grace anyone's Yohji wardrobe.
Edited by davidlee388 - 1/7/13 at 3:18pmpost #3925 of 66211/7/13 at 3:33pmpost #3926 of 66211/8/13 at 4:18ampost #3927 of 66211/8/13 at 6:46amQuote:
it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!post #3928 of 66211/8/13 at 7:23amPicked up a couple of items from LNCC and would like opinions on sizing and on the pieces in general. Sorry for the bad photos. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Silk metallic grey trousers. They fit monstrously in the waist. Is this much cinching normal? I'm 5'10 and these are a 3 (didn't have a 2.)
I think they had slipped down a bit in this one, but gives you the best look at them. I think I'll need a belt.
Soutien coat size 2
$200 shirt from Barney's sale size 2
Okay, so my thoughts..
The silk pants are phenomenal. Just really simple and luxurious. Barely cropped because I went with a 3, so not too much of a stretch for me stylistically. The volume seems perfect. If they will stay up in the waist I think I'm good.
The coat is oversized and I know it's supposed to be. Do I need to have it altered in any way, particularly the sleeves? I know it's meant to be big but it feels like it swallows me.
What is Costume d'homme? I thought the coat was YYPH so what did I just buy? LOL
The Barney's shirt was kind of an impulse buy. Not sure if I'll be able to pull that off, but seems kind of interesting.post #3929 of 66211/8/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by asobu
it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!
That's a fair comment The centre crease was evident on those beige linen/ramie blend Looks on the SS09 Runway, however they were not super wide pants, more TTS pants.
Just personal preference, I'd rather wear pants ( especially super oversized ) without the crease. Less formal, more fluent silhouette.
Bene's pants are still great. They complement that blazer well.post #3930 of 66211/8/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Costume d'Homme is another line from Yohji. From what I've seen the designs are usually very simple, but have very luxe details. For example the linining in your jacket. I have a gorgeous peak lapel overcoat from this line with tons of pick stitching on the lapels and I assume some % of cashmere in the fabric
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 35 seconds ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway