Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 262post #3916 of 65331/7/13 at 4:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3917 of 65331/7/13 at 4:56ampost #3918 of 65331/7/13 at 6:11ampost #3919 of 65331/7/13 at 7:44am
So has anyone ever seen the leg-warmers from a/w09 online anywhere?
I think this look is amazing, and a great way to pull together wider cut pants for the slimmer wearers. I would love a pair but I've never been able to find them or even anything even tangentially related/similar. It's not a look subsequent collections have returned to either. It's weird that something so small has basically come the item I most seem to seek after...post #3920 of 65331/7/13 at 1:12pmpost #3921 of 65331/7/13 at 1:18pmQuote:
Bene my boy, please tell me that this is how you will buy your trousers from now on! I'll be totally honest with you and say that while you've improved a lot I still struggled to enjoy some of your outfits. This, however, is fucking stellar and much better than your short jacket, high roll, cropped sleeve looks w/ tapered pants
Hope you will post this in the wawyt thread, since I would like to see the reactions
footwear could still use some work though, but you know that already : )post #3922 of 65331/7/13 at 1:20pmpost #3923 of 65331/7/13 at 1:51pmThread Starterpost #3924 of 65331/7/13 at 2:13pm
Really Bene, I'm 99.99999% certain that centre crease/pressed line on your pants wasn't there per se. Dry-clean, iron, whatever, get rid of it, it's distracting the voluminous nature of your silhouette. It aint a mean criticism :)
Edit:- I am more drawn to those outrageous peak lapels on a single breasted blazer, i.e. good enough to grace anyone's Yohji wardrobe.
Edited by davidlee388 - 1/7/13 at 3:18pmpost #3925 of 65331/7/13 at 3:33pmpost #3926 of 65331/8/13 at 4:18ampost #3927 of 65331/8/13 at 6:46amQuote:
it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!post #3928 of 65331/8/13 at 7:23amPicked up a couple of items from LNCC and would like opinions on sizing and on the pieces in general. Sorry for the bad photos. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Silk metallic grey trousers. They fit monstrously in the waist. Is this much cinching normal? I'm 5'10 and these are a 3 (didn't have a 2.)
I think they had slipped down a bit in this one, but gives you the best look at them. I think I'll need a belt.
Soutien coat size 2
$200 shirt from Barney's sale size 2
Okay, so my thoughts..
The silk pants are phenomenal. Just really simple and luxurious. Barely cropped because I went with a 3, so not too much of a stretch for me stylistically. The volume seems perfect. If they will stay up in the waist I think I'm good.
The coat is oversized and I know it's supposed to be. Do I need to have it altered in any way, particularly the sleeves? I know it's meant to be big but it feels like it swallows me.
What is Costume d'homme? I thought the coat was YYPH so what did I just buy? LOL
The Barney's shirt was kind of an impulse buy. Not sure if I'll be able to pull that off, but seems kind of interesting.post #3929 of 65331/8/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by asobu
it's not uncommon with pressed pants, he does those every season and can be seen on every runway. I have several pairs with a front crease/press, for instance the Dr YY suit, which can be seen on the runway. It was especially common in earlier collections. Pants look good, btw!
That's a fair comment The centre crease was evident on those beige linen/ramie blend Looks on the SS09 Runway, however they were not super wide pants, more TTS pants.
Just personal preference, I'd rather wear pants ( especially super oversized ) without the crease. Less formal, more fluent silhouette.
Bene's pants are still great. They complement that blazer well.post #3930 of 65331/8/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Costume d'Homme is another line from Yohji. From what I've seen the designs are usually very simple, but have very luxe details. For example the linining in your jacket. I have a gorgeous peak lapel overcoat from this line with tons of pick stitching on the lapels and I assume some % of cashmere in the fabric
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Damana Shampoo 6 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?