I want to thank Davidlee for pointing out the stumbling block of center creases in pants. For me, this (lack of) detail just did not register at all when observing fits here or elsewhere, nor when assessing my own efforts of imitation. Among my own collection of second hand trousers every pair that could fall into the category of "suit pants" has come with creases. I can understand, though, how pretty much zero drycleaners are going to see the label and know the best treatment for the garment in it's intended environment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 257
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3842 of 653312/28/12 at 8:53am
cinched waist jacket in a beautiful brown tweed fabric
Only thing is, there is a fatal issue (no clue what it means )Quote:
The unique design is characteristic. A silhouette is Yoji ならではですね in loose, too. As for feeling of wearing, it is supposed, but, as for the fatal damage, is not supposed.post #3843 of 653312/28/12 at 9:02ampost #3844 of 653312/28/12 at 9:16ampost #3845 of 653312/28/12 at 11:21ampost #3846 of 653312/28/12 at 1:56pmpost #3847 of 653312/28/12 at 2:21pmpost #3848 of 653312/28/12 at 3:50pm
taking advantage of the thread... y's trousers in size small. amazing fabric and cut.
ebay link - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321047569126 - pm me for family price.post #3849 of 653312/28/12 at 4:37pmpost #3850 of 653312/28/12 at 4:39pm
A translation of the listing previoiusly mentioned by zapatiste:Quote:
As you would expect, another unique and characteristically loose-silhouette design by YY. There is visible sign of wear, but nothing major.
90% wool 10%
shoulder width 47ｃｍ
sleeve length 67ｃｍ
chest width 50ｃm
Literally, "sign of use is able to be caught sight of, but fatal damage, etc, is not able to be caught sight of."
They definitely aren't saying there is a fatal issue. Rather, they are saying they don't see one. This doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one that they don't see or don't choose to see, but that seems unlikely, and I would assume in this case that the pictures accurately portray the state of the garment.post #3851 of 653312/29/12 at 2:36am
YYPH AW05 is irresistible.
YYPH AW05 Look 20 Studded Blazer - ( HN-J57-121 ) 50/45/5 cotton/wool/nylon blend, thick flannel wool texture, sleeves + half-body in cupro. Size 2, boxy fit, superb peak lapels, 2B closure. 2 back vents. Black anodized metal studs on lapels, chest pocket, pocket flaps, vents and 4 stud non working cuffs ( unusual ). Leather dart inserts on bottom pockets.
YYPH AW05 Look 20 Shirt Knit Hybrid ( HN-B12-030 ) - 100% cotton medium weight shirting fabric. Size 3, white, the top section is a cropped shirt, 4 white button closure, 2B cuffs, 100% wool inserts on collar and cuffs, completely detachable. Bottom section features detachable front + rear knit hybrid/apron/skirt panels. 67 buttons in total for the whole piece. Numerous ways to style, worn here with front panel buttoned over.
YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Cuffed Pants ( HJ-P12-008 ) - black 100% dry hand cotton, size 2 huge waist, 2 back patch pockets, non-elastic banded fabric cuffs.
Basic SS Tee, CDG H+ Belt, Pataugas Leather 6 eyelet combats.post #3852 of 653312/29/12 at 5:33pmpost #3853 of 653312/29/12 at 10:46pmpost #3854 of 653312/31/12 at 1:32am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Slim wallets recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 6 minutes ago
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...