or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 249

post #3721 of 5587

Bamboo is awesome.

post #3722 of 5587
Some more new acquisitons. This is it till i get my paws on other goodies, i think smile.gif

Y's pants
Issey Miyake jacket
Both courtesy of our resident Yohji humanitarian esox biggrin.gif




Edited by Benesyed - 12/12/12 at 7:48am
post #3723 of 5587
That jacket looks awesome, but what's going on with the sleeves?
post #3724 of 5587

I know it aint an Issey Miyake thread, but superb blazer! IM was imo even more a master of fabrics/fabric experimentation than YY. Need a close-up and low down of it.

post #3725 of 5587
Sleeves are cropped. By my estimate it looks intentional. I like it for knits, ESP since mine are oversized cuff wide. Will post a detail shot of the fabric!
post #3726 of 5587

Woahhh Bene that Jacket looks amazing! Nice purchase icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #3727 of 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Some more new acquisitons. This is it till i get my paws on other goodies, i think smile.gif
Y's pants
Issey Miyake jacket
Both courtesy of our resident Yohji humanitarian esox biggrin.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Hey Bene do you mind if I ask how tall you are?
post #3728 of 5587

Probably creepy that I know this, but I remember him saying 5'10

post #3729 of 5587

the jacket looks indeed lovely, but the little things bothers me. the collar up always reminds me of cocky italian wearing his polo shirt up. regarding the buttons .... this: 

 

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/04/02/art-of-manliness-suit-school-part-iii-a-primer-on-suit-buttons/

 

of course everyone should do whatever they want to do with their garments.

post #3730 of 5587
Do you guys know his birthday as well? I notice Bene has " pulled " quite a bit of audience over from the WAYWT thread. Strange he seemed to get quite a harsh and hostile reception from there....now you guys are positively stalking him lol.

As for the collar up post, well he is young and fearless, and probably can't help feeling cocky too wearing Yohji, that's understandable smile.gif
post #3731 of 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

Probably creepy that I know this, but I remember him saying 5'10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlee388 View Post

Do you guys know his birthday as well? I notice Bene has " pulled " quite a bit of audience over from the WAYWT thread. Strange he seemed to get quite a harsh and hostile reception from there....now you guys are positively stalking him lol.
As for the collar up post, well he is young and fearless, and probably can't help feeling cocky too wearing Yohji, that's understandable smile.gif

lol, waywt is not for the thin-skinned!

I was just curious as that Issey jacket + sleeves looks so much shorter than the peak lapel YYPH jacket from earlier this week. I'm more anal than most about this sort of thing, but I really preferred the longer jacket on you Bene!
post #3732 of 5587

Haha, David, I only remember Bene's height because it's the same as my own!

And I don't know about the other new posters, but i've been silently reading this thread for a while now, I guess I just happened to start posting around the same time Benesyed did!

post #3733 of 5587
wait, what? dante posted a trad 'ask andy about clothes - esque' guide about suit jackets. Weird, never thought i'd see that on this thread.

Bene - hate the sleeve length, sorry.
post #3734 of 5587

i just googled "how to button up your suit" didn't want to do my own version :D good enough examples on there.

post #3735 of 5587
I'm just a cavalier young gun smile.gif

I like the variety on lengths especially the cropped sleeves. Reminds me of the length on a kimono.foo.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)