Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 243post #3632 of 659312/5/12 at 11:07ampost #3633 of 659312/5/12 at 11:10ampost #3634 of 659312/5/12 at 11:10ampost #3635 of 659312/5/12 at 11:11amQuote:Looks like stock from Gilt. If true runs a size small, but very nice fabric.Originally Posted by the shah
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3636 of 659312/5/12 at 6:11pmpost #3637 of 659312/5/12 at 8:39pmQuote:
luv this jacket with all th zip pockets with zipper pull detail. It would be fun to hang one or two Prada tricks on them. Those zip pockets can also be quite usefull like for traveling or during a night out. The zip pockets on the sleeve for condoms...hehehe. Anyway, I would wear this jacket over something more substantial and with some graphic detail like these
Prada robot tricks hanging on the zipper pulls
Margiela x H&M sweater, both shirts from Mr Porter
You is only young once
Edited by colabear - 12/5/12 at 10:01pmpost #3638 of 659312/5/12 at 8:55pmpost #3639 of 659312/5/12 at 9:05pmpost #3640 of 659312/6/12 at 2:44amThread StarterOh man, just received the zipper suit and it is gorgeous
The wool gab feels softer than more recent iterations like David had mentioned earlier I believe. It is fully lined so is a bit warmer than most of my other jackets, but still wearable here (in air conditioning hehe). Zip on the left arm gives an interesting weight to the arm and there's extra fabric on that arm as well as backing for the zipper.
Really like the shape of the pocket flaps on the jacket as well. I already own one iteration of the zipper pants thanks to wireartist so I knew what to expect in terms of cut but I wasn't sure how the wool gab would be. It is awesome. Even better than the cotton one.
The suit is in excellent condition as well with no signs of wear anywhere apart from some scuffing on a few buttons, the seller even dry cleaned it and packaged it with the fabric swatch. Packaging was handled by Fromjapan and is very good.
Will do pictures later if anyone is interested in seeing it again, but it is basically the same one Kiko and David have posted before.post #3641 of 659312/6/12 at 3:34amQuote:
Congrats!! Looks like fromjapan is a viable alternative to SharpService although Hide had been back on form lately so I will continue to use him. Like Wire and I discussed, we believe in/ cherish relationship built up over time.
BTW your blazer is perhaps the same as Kiko's, Wire and I share the same iteration. So please post! You have the best frame to pull off Yohji imo.post #3642 of 659312/6/12 at 3:46amThread StarterYeah most definitely, you cannot beat that personal touch at all. Will do a photo at some point later today or tomorrow. Now to look for some Docs...been dilly-dallying on picking up a pair for the longest time now.
I personally really like the way Yohji looks on wire best, haha. Thanks for the kind words anyway.post #3643 of 659312/6/12 at 8:49am^Congrats on getting a great suit, Ivwri. It has definitely become on the staples for this thread's members, there's at least 5 of us with full zipper suits, and if I'm not mistaken I think stadsvandringar also have one of those jackets? The standard wool gabardine definitely changes between some seasons and the aw04 is one of the best I've handled, soft hand but extremely sturdy too as wire can vouch for, hehe. I thought it was the same gabardine as in your shawl collar coat though?
And yes, please take a picture! I think it's one of the few pieces with which we all have posted fit pics.
I was also curious if anyone has bought or handled the new Taschen book on Yohji? Was thinking about getting it now but if it's not amazing I might as well wait until after christmas, or pass if it's just rehashed stuff.post #3644 of 659312/6/12 at 8:58amThread StarterThanks man.
I actually have the Taschen book in my amazon cart as we speak. If all goes well should have it in my hands by next weekend and I will post up a small review if no one else does before me.
EDIT - One other thing I really like about the zipper suit is that the jacket seems to make such a nice combo with anything that has a very low rise or drop crotch (haven't really done a mirror check, but it feels that way).post #3645 of 659312/6/12 at 5:06pmHey guys, I've been wearing my jacket and pants for at least 4 days of the week for over two months. They both smell fine, but I've had an itch to give 'em both a wash. I handwash my pants(which are wool) but I'm not so sure about handwashing the yohji jacket (its 100%cotton/60%cotton40%linen/cupro lining). Would it be fine?
If you highly recommend me to dryclean them instead, what are things I should be aware of, to mention to the drycleaners?
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Lining Material - Lauren Ralph Lauren Linen Sport Coat? 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 29 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 34 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding