What about the y's beijing show?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 242post #3616 of 658712/2/12 at 8:56ampost #3617 of 658712/2/12 at 9:57am
You are both right.
The Beijing Y's Show in June 2008 was held in conjunction with Yohji Yamamoto Fund For Peace and the pieces were auctioned afterwards so technically the Runway pieces of that never made it to the shops for us mortals.post #3618 of 658712/2/12 at 10:17amQuote:
so i am not the only one searching for one in a size 4!??
bad luck that i didnt know gilt at this time.
Edited by esox - 12/2/12 at 10:31ampost #3619 of 658712/2/12 at 11:07amQuote:
yeah, I meant "regular" YFM shows. The Beijing show is an exception as David points out. Compared to the YFM aw08 lookbook (and what I assume was sold in the stores), the pieces shown in Beijing seemed to be mostly reworked YYPH pieces. I think some of it was sold in stores though..? Like the flower print shirts etc. Anyway, for aw08 there was also a lookbook - the Beijing show done in conjunction with the women's pieces (also quite similar to the YYF iirc) was a one time off thing.post #3620 of 658712/2/12 at 4:38pmpost #3621 of 658712/2/12 at 7:44pmpost #3622 of 658712/3/12 at 12:42am
I'm back with another thrift item but this time it is an A.A.R. Yohji Yamamoto D'urban suit. From what I could google, this seems to be some sort of collaboration for an affordable line but I don't know much more than that; would anyone have more info? It seems to be one of his earliest collaborations. Unfortunately, this suit is tight on me (it is labeled as a Medium) and the sleeves seem short for a Yohji but the shoulders are slightly oversized and the trousers are somewhat egg shaped (looks like a typical early 1990’s Japanese suit). In terms of quality, it is all machine stitched and finished with a fused front but the construction was finished well. Overall, I think it lines up with the quality of a current Hugo Boss suit. But what I most like is the fabric which is 80% wool, 15% cotton, and 5% nylon (Yohji seems to really like combining wool cotton and nylon). It has a raw texture to it with the cotton clearly visible in-between the wool. Both fabric and construction were done in japan.
Now that I have the YYPH coat and shirt, I have been looking for some trousers to go with it so when I got my hands on this suit, I started comparing the measurements of the trousers with some ebay/y! listings and one thing that I noticed is that the trousers I got seem to match some of the more popular yyph trousers that get more bids. What worries me is that these trousers seems kind of normal for your typical 80's to mid-90's suit trousers, not something that is unique to Yohji or particularly difficult to find with other brands (during that time). Was it that Yohji influenced all of these designers and many people copied his silhouettes or was Yohji just following the general trend at that time. Admittedly, he does make really wide cut trousers and his hakamas are fairly exclusive to him but the the ones I see most often on the runway are quite normal and as my grandfather's closet seems to suggest, somewhat dated. If I were to get one pair of trousers from YYPH, what style should I be going for if I wanted something unique but not jarringly different?post #3623 of 658712/3/12 at 2:09am
I think for one the silhouette of the trousers that you have now is not all that interesting. That is however due to them being from a "Yohji for businessmen" line. Pictures also don't really do the pants much justice, since a still image can't transfer the feeling of the fabric or convey how it looks in motion. I would just try to find a nice pair of wool gabardine trousers as a nice base to start with. There are also "weirder" trousers with interesting button placement. Unfortunately, I don't have the memory to point you towards specific seasons, but I know Ivwri and David both have a lot of interesting trousers which, at least to my eye, do not seem at all dated.
edit: I don't know how tall you are, but as you said the suit does look a little tight on you. I'd stick to things in a 4 or an L.post #3624 of 658712/3/12 at 2:12am
That suit looks great, Haruki. You gotta tell me where you're thrifting all this yohji!!
I know A.A.R doesn't have the best reputation, but that fabric is beautiful and the cut is pretty good too, if not a little conservative for yohji. I have heard the quality of that line is pretty crap though. Hope you got a good price for itpost #3625 of 658712/3/12 at 2:12ampost #3626 of 658712/3/12 at 11:37ampost #3627 of 658712/3/12 at 11:38am
So here are the trousers. Waist 38cm, Thigh 36cm, Rise 40cm, Height 87cm, Leg opening 22cm.
The waist is very very tight on me (not wearable) so I am still looking for trousers. Is there any good new years sales in japan that may carry yyph at a steep discount? I know someone that is in japan and can possibly pick something up for me. Thanks for the help.post #3628 of 658712/3/12 at 12:48pmpost #3629 of 658712/3/12 at 2:34pmpost #3630 of 658712/5/12 at 8:41am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding