Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 239post #3571 of 660211/29/12 at 5:23ampost #3572 of 660211/29/12 at 6:18ampost #3573 of 660211/29/12 at 9:52ampost #3574 of 660211/29/12 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Bhai, does this count as kind of liking a leather jacket
Leather insert blazer I call this, great great piece, from personal experience it has a very boxy cut with " normal " sleeves and hidden zipped pockets. Tough yet soft hand 90/10 wool/nylon woven blend as well, signature AW05 fabric.
Someone should commit.post #3575 of 660211/29/12 at 12:08pmpost #3576 of 660211/29/12 at 2:27pmSad news
The Y's pants i ordered from yoox came and the size 3s are really tight at the waist
The code is MN-P17-101
My theory is that they are supposed to be worn at the true waist, esp given how long the length of the legs is but if any of you experts could get back to me. Its either that or these have been altered, which makes me kind of mad
The material is really gorgeous and feels amazing. I see what you mean about the difference between Ys and CS (although i still love my black linen CS pants!)
Thanks in advance!post #3577 of 660211/29/12 at 2:39pmpost #3578 of 660211/29/12 at 2:41pmpost #3579 of 660211/29/12 at 2:43pmBen, seriously you should just get on Y! and rakuten (they have global now, shipping to US, no need for proxy in many stores) and lurk around until you find the real thing. Quit buying CS and Y's and get some YYPH in your life, you will get the volume you want, the materials will be better, etc etc what everyone has said to you multiple times in this thread
I don't mean this to be unkind or anything, but you keep buying offline pieces, posting fits, not getting the sort of feedback you want, and then... going back and buying more offline stuff? Doesn't make sense man. The prices for YYPH on Y! and rakuten are comparable to the diffusion lines on yoox anyway.post #3580 of 660211/29/12 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by fireflygrave
Ben, seriously you should just get on Y! and rakuten (they have global now, shipping to US, no need for proxy in many stores) and lurk around until you find the real thing. Quit buying CS and Y's and get some YYPH in your life, you will get the volume you want, the materials will be better, etc etc what everyone has said to you multiple times in this thread
I don't mean this to be unkind or anything, but you keep buying offline pieces, posting fits, not getting the sort of feedback you want, and then... going back and buying more offline stuff? Doesn't make sense man. The prices for YYPH on Y! and rakuten are comparable to the diffusion lines on yoox anyway.
No offense taken! In my defense, I have stopped CS, not that stubborn!
I had been trolling y-jp, but yeah I let my enthusiasm get the best of me when I saw this pair on yoox and pulled the trigger on these. The ease of the free returns made me feel like it was a relatively safe risk.
But ya here on in its strictly BS/Y/ and rakuten. I promise!
Also kiko, would you also say 4 for YYPH?post #3581 of 660211/29/12 at 3:13pmBen, I feel for you, but the best thing about buying from yoox is you can always order MULTIPLE sizes of the same pants and simply return the ones that don't fit. That's what I did if I was unsure about sizing ( gladly it's rare these days with YY since most sz 2 pants in Y's and YYPH are slightly big waist wise anyway ).
Don't know about your vision in fashion, but for me most times with Yohji clothing, what looks so wrong in the mirror somehow feels so right. And I don't just wear Yohji, I wear EA, CDG, MFG, Y-3 as well when I don't feel like homeless. It's about a different mindset, or some here keep saying " anti-fit ".
Back to purchasing stuff, there are > 2,500 YY items on Y! at any given time, just try getting a simple Tee for a few thou yen first and get the feel for this wonderful playground and I promise you won't look back.post #3582 of 660211/29/12 at 3:32pmTo add, yoox did have its place for YY in the past. I bought the AW08 Handstitched Blazer, SS09 DR YY blazer, a superb AW09 Y's 15-pocket blazer that I so wanted in Conduit but couldn't justify the £1200 retail, the SS05 jeans and other bits for bargain prices.
However that was at least a year ago when I purchased YY there ( actually I confessed I bought a AW11 cherry knit for £380 but UK retail then was £1100 ) Something weird happened in the last few months ( when it changed its format ) that the prices are no longer as attractive and the collections/stocks are strange, like AW05 Y's Yohji Yamamoto Pitti Uomo stuff appearing suddenly and the audacity to charge obscene prices. Baffling to say the least.post #3583 of 660211/29/12 at 3:34pmpost #3584 of 660211/29/12 at 11:05pm
David, I have a question for you. My memory may be playing tricks with me, but did you ever post a fit pic of the jacket below? I'm interested in it, but the seller hasn't specified if it's Y's or YYPH and I'm trying to work out which season it might be from. All I know is that it has the new sizing, and is 100% cotton. Because the pictures are so bad, I also can't tell those silver details are rows of buttons or holes with metal eyelets.post #3585 of 660211/30/12 at 12:10am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions just now
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount Super 100s Winter Flannel (Size 28) 13 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 15 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 15 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Split Toes - Vitello Bolet - 363MOD Last 10UK 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...