or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 225

post #3361 of 5741
Thread Starter 
Nice to see you on here again wire. That zip suit is really great. All of you are tempting me to hunt one down in my size now :P. Really like the knit sleeves extending past the jacket sleeve. Combined with the zipper makes for a great detail I think.

P.S. Very happy you kept those boots! Don't sell!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3362 of 5741
I'm always reading, I've been busy lately. You should get one and then we do the madness homage in paris, so far we are 3
post #3363 of 5741
Thread Starter 
Guy Burgess was able to help me do a "stock check" the last time he was there so I saw they had the look 10s in (at least, it looked like the look 10 pants lol8[1].gif). I just hope the difference in length is not that much between 3 & 4. Would love to see you in your pair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireartists View Post

I'm always reading, I've been busy lately. You should get one and then we do the madness homage in paris, so far we are 3

Ah, now you just sold me on it. I should also probably pick up one of the neon coloured boots from this season and do the whole outfit happy.gif.
post #3364 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireartists View Post

they only had the look 37 gaba ones when I was in melb in summer/erh winter lol, and they were size 3 and the longest iteration so far. I bought look 10's...
benesyed: you sure you like yohji's clothing? kind of joking, but you seem to dislike signature features of his work. And although it looks good on you, the way you wear things might be closer to other aesthetics and easier to achieve using other designer garments. For example, yohji's pants are either super fitted and they sit on the natural waist, quite uncommon nowadays tho, or they are extremely big, i have some aw08 pants that literally fall dawn without a belt and without even touching my mediterranean ass.

Haha yes very much so. I wear things more conservatively only because i don't have the pieces and i like to start basic and branch out. I still feel shy ESP at medical school. But in my heart I'd wear each and every look smile.gif. Once i get those basics I'd like to branch out. I'd love the hakama with Jersey buttondown with hood from spring to be in my arsenal

What designers did you have in mine
post #3365 of 5741
Double post sorry
post #3366 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Nice to see you on here again wire. That zip suit is really great. All of you are tempting me to hunt one down in my size now :P. Really like the knit sleeves extending past the jacket sleeve. Combined with the zipper makes for a great detail I think.
P.S. Very happy you kept those boots! Don't sell!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Don't say we don't share info my friend, here one whole suit:-

 

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r96045261

 

 

700

 

 

They will fit you as well ( in fact they will look fanbloodytastic on you ) and I think it's a good price, ok fair price, especially it's claimed to be 169k new back then. They are rare apart from Asobu, Wire, Kiko and myself all have them mwink[1].gif but that's just luck. 


Edited by davidlee388 - 11/13/12 at 8:56am
post #3367 of 5741
Thanks for the comments, guys. Very happy with these, been wearing this suit pretty much every day since I got it. On current rotation with the zipper suit wire so showcased so astonishingly well on the last page. You definitely need to get yourself one of these, Ivwri. Also glad to see a fit from you again, wire! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif WIll try to contribute one or two soon enough...
post #3368 of 5741
I've been eye-ing that zip suit, David :-) But, would love it if Ivwri got it. would prolly fit you better!

btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way. happy.gif

Great look today, wire.artist. The hat really finishes off that combo nicely.
post #3369 of 5741
Thread Starter 
Bah, now I feel bad now I know Parker's going for it. lol. Meh, I shouldn't be buying anything anyway. Must focus!
post #3370 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Haha yes very much so. I wear things more conservatively only because i don't have the pieces and i like to start basic and branch out. I still feel shy ESP at medical school. But in my heart I'd wear each and every look smile.gif. Once i get those basics I'd like to branch out. I'd love the hakama with Jersey buttondown with hood from spring to be in my arsenal
What designers did you have in mine

marvielab
post #3371 of 5741
heheheh, I've been hemming and hawing for a few days... not sure if jacket will actually be too big on me. also trying to hold out for a suit from SS/08 or AW/07.
post #3372 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

heheheh, I've been hemming and hawing for a few days... not sure if jacket will actually be too big on me. also trying to hold out for a suit from SS/08 or AW/07.


they are quite long, i'm 1,76 and that was a size 3, well...with the boots + insoles I'm probably 1.80
post #3373 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireartists View Post


marvielab

I was thinking Paul Harnden or Ann Demeulemeester. Someone with the same traditional pieces and eye for details minus the oversize/anti-fit of Yohji.

post #3374 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

I've been eye-ing that zip suit, David :-) But, would love it if Ivwri got it. would prolly fit you better!
btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way. happy.gif
Great look today, wire.artist. The hat really finishes off that combo nicely.

they seem to be quite long on wire yeah, so they should be fine for you. I think different iterations have different length. I have the pair that are adjustable with buckles on the side instead of zippers, in size 4 with the buckles on the next to lowest holes (lower "proper" setting) they have an inseam of 62 cm. When walking/standing they just about hit the top of my docs, quite similar to some of the cropped pairs off aw07 runway. I like that a lot actually but for winter I probably will have to layer with longjohns/leg warmers underneath, hehe. I have another cropped pair from aw04 that are much longer so it's nice to have the option to go for both.
post #3375 of 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

I've been eye-ing that zip suit, David :-) But, would love it if Ivwri got it. would prolly fit you better!
btw, is the original inseam meant to be super short (68cm) ? I think so, but just checking. Get to show more (neon yellow) boot that way. happy.gif
Great look today, wire.artist. The hat really finishes off that combo nicely.

Now now boys no need to fight haha. Parker have you noticed this:-

 

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n107876003

 

 

700

 

The exact same iteration of the previous blazer, this is size 2. This had been on Y! for > 4 months and no doubt it can be had without any bidding war. May be because (a) it's not that cheap ( but def worth it ) and (b) rubbish first pic on Y!. My suggestion is this is more your size since it fits big in every way in my iteration in sz 2 so you being 4cm taller will be no problem. Frankly I wager size 3 is more Ivwri's size, see how Wire managed to layer his size 3 with that heavy AW10 4.1 The Men knit. Zipper pants will eventually come up to complete the suit I feel. Btw my suit pants are size 3, big waist ( 35"... ) and I rolled the hem twice to achieve the desired cropped look ( i.e. they are long )

 

smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)