Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 224
Styleforum Top Picks
asobu, finally!!! worth the wait, though. it was epic yohji day when you bought the suit, 2 hours after i won the aw95 femme stuff. glad to see ss06 pants too.
parker, are those pants part of the "tweed" y's suit? so lovely...
benesyed, it will be quite hard not wearing yohji with belt. some of the pants have 36-38-40 inches waist even in size 2 - 3..
so one final hat will round it off, either a reinhart or harnden should do, depending on accessibility.
* * *
mr david that new purchase deserves a fit !
also quit tempting me with runway look of navy ensemble
Braces definitely take getting used to though especially when used with pants that have a huge waist. I love the way it affects the drape and motion of the pants though. If they are made from a heavyweight fabric even better.
Parker I really envy how easy you look when wearing Yohji outfits. Must be that L.A vibe
EDIT - Oh yeah Guy, I was able to pick up the hakama pants from EM. Hopefully I can get them from the post office tomorrow .
Part of it is also pragmatic since its one less piece of clothing i have to wear/bring with me. I'd like to reduce my ensemble (atleast what i wear routinely) to pant + top + blazer + coat (and long johns) when cold. Btw, I can not praise long johns enough. Transforms my linen pieces to a year round option
That all being said, if I find a pair of wool gabs i can afford, im not caring belt or sans! Also, ossington makes an affordable cross stich belt that i think if it was a shade darker black would look cool with parkers lace up blazer or davids x-stich pants
Edited by Benesyed - 11/13/12 at 5:09am
everything is jet black, but I added some contrast so yo can actually see something, via old school iphone
aw04 zip suit, 100 wool gab
ribbed asymmetric heavy knit from YYPH The Men part two, cuffs unrolled so they go way beyond my fingertips, with a black muji tanktop underneath
aw09 brushed wool hat
"don't mess with me" Paul Harnden boots
Edited by wireartists - 11/13/12 at 8:05am
they only had the look 37 gaba ones when I was in melb in summer/erh winter lol, and they were size 3 and the longest iteration so far. I bought look 10's...
benesyed: you sure you like yohji's clothing? kind of joking, but you seem to dislike signature features of his work. And although it looks good on you, the way you wear things might be closer to other aesthetics and easier to achieve using other designer garments. For example, yohji's pants are either super fitted and they sit on the natural waist, quite uncommon nowadays tho, or they are extremely big, i have some aw08 pants that literally fall dawn without a belt and without even touching my mediterranean ass.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › A guy with an addiction to clothes (buying your stuff!!! CHECK THIS) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Comfortable casual shoe/sneaker for walking in Europe this summer 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 9 minutes ago
- › Margiela Wool Navy Peacoat, 46 (fits 48) 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan