Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 224post #3347 of 660211/12/12 at 4:34pm
asobu, finally!!! worth the wait, though. it was epic yohji day when you bought the suit, 2 hours after i won the aw95 femme stuff. glad to see ss06 pants too.
parker, are those pants part of the "tweed" y's suit? so lovely...
benesyed, it will be quite hard not wearing yohji with belt. some of the pants have 36-38-40 inches waist even in size 2 - 3..post #3348 of 660211/12/12 at 4:39pmpost #3349 of 660211/12/12 at 9:16pmwas gonna get a hat like in left pic, there seen with y's jacket, but decided instead to opt for a yy hat 10000X more expensive but in my opinion nicer, perhaps not as warm though allows for spring/fall wear as well, and let's be honest here far less afghan merchant -- already have the damir cap for that
so one final hat will round it off, either a reinhart or harnden should do, depending on accessibility.
* * *
mr david that new purchase deserves a fit !
also quit tempting me with runway look of navy ensemblepost #3350 of 660211/13/12 at 12:37ampost #3351 of 660211/13/12 at 2:07ampost #3352 of 660211/13/12 at 2:26ampost #3353 of 660211/13/12 at 3:06ampost #3354 of 660211/13/12 at 3:27amThread StarterI actually really like braces. And belts .
Braces definitely take getting used to though especially when used with pants that have a huge waist. I love the way it affects the drape and motion of the pants though. If they are made from a heavyweight fabric even better.
Parker I really envy how easy you look when wearing Yohji outfits. Must be that L.A vibe
EDIT - Oh yeah Guy, I was able to pick up the hakama pants from EM. Hopefully I can get them from the post office tomorrow .post #3355 of 660211/13/12 at 3:40ampost #3356 of 660211/13/12 at 3:43amThread Starterpost #3357 of 660211/13/12 at 4:43am@david, i just don't conceptually like belts. I like the idea that the pants are themselves loose but still tight enough to not need a belt, they just slightly sag. It conveys and feels more free. And if the pants are too loose when you cinch them with a belt they tend to not bunch the way i like them too.
Part of it is also pragmatic since its one less piece of clothing i have to wear/bring with me. I'd like to reduce my ensemble (atleast what i wear routinely) to pant + top + blazer + coat (and long johns) when cold. Btw, I can not praise long johns enough. Transforms my linen pieces to a year round option
That all being said, if I find a pair of wool gabs i can afford, im not caring belt or sans! Also, ossington makes an affordable cross stich belt that i think if it was a shade darker black would look cool with parkers lace up blazer or davids x-stich pants
Edited by Benesyed - 11/13/12 at 5:09ampost #3358 of 660211/13/12 at 7:49ampost #3359 of 660211/13/12 at 7:53am
everything is jet black, but I added some contrast so yo can actually see something, via old school iphone
aw04 zip suit, 100 wool gab
ribbed asymmetric heavy knit from YYPH The Men part two, cuffs unrolled so they go way beyond my fingertips, with a black muji tanktop underneath
aw09 brushed wool hat
"don't mess with me" Paul Harnden boots
Edited by wireartists - 11/13/12 at 8:05ampost #3360 of 660211/13/12 at 7:57amQuote:
they only had the look 37 gaba ones when I was in melb in summer/erh winter lol, and they were size 3 and the longest iteration so far. I bought look 10's...
benesyed: you sure you like yohji's clothing? kind of joking, but you seem to dislike signature features of his work. And although it looks good on you, the way you wear things might be closer to other aesthetics and easier to achieve using other designer garments. For example, yohji's pants are either super fitted and they sit on the natural waist, quite uncommon nowadays tho, or they are extremely big, i have some aw08 pants that literally fall dawn without a belt and without even touching my mediterranean ass.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 6 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons MAN parka 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 32 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 40 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 51 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 54 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...