second that guy.
this hasn't got much to do with yohji, but i felt the people on here would appreciate it. mugshots of criminal convicts in australia, circa 1920's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/6/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 207post #3091 of 648410/27/12 at 8:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 648410/27/12 at 8:48pmpost #3093 of 648410/27/12 at 9:05pmpost #3094 of 648410/28/12 at 4:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Magic1
this is a phenomenal thread that I greatly respect, but the footwear in here is some of the worst footwear in stores.
can I recommend a couple ideas?
first, some of the (simpler) ann demeulemeester shoes and boots fit with yohji very well. same with marsell, as illustrated by a fit pic posted a couple months ago in here. many guidi and ma+ shoes/boots would also work well. maison martin margiella (not the sneakers) could aslo work. of the dr. martens you've posted, they are all awful, sorry. how so many of you can appreciate the beauty of yohji and then find ugly shoes it with is beyond me.
these could also work:
All the shoes you listed are "in fashion" and not timeless. They show status. When I wear my yohji I don't want the shoes to overtake my outfit. I respect well made pair of shoes and if I wanted to invest in one, would definitely be Trickers or some other English shoemaker. Also fuck paying 1k for ma+ or guidi..post #3095 of 648410/28/12 at 4:28amOther than the scar stich annes, the recent stuff has not been very yohji friendly. And from some of the comments on SWD it isnt really very durable as far as footwear goes.
I am not as ardent as dbk is that newer fashion items cant work. Snow actually has a pair of kriss van assche suede boots that are very lovely and not in your face that would play well with Y.
As far as status. Yohji ain't cheap
Still, docs + flowers = my fav shoes ive seen on SF. If the shah could let me know where to kop them...post #3096 of 648410/28/12 at 4:56amSome of the best fits I've seen include docs (or that other brand asobu wears), supergas and converse. And I like baller footwear
I don't think I've ever seen a piece of overpowering footwear in a yohji show. For example, Ann always has some great boots (riders, combats, vitellos) worked into her runway shows but it works in that context.post #3097 of 648410/28/12 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by dantebykiko
All the shoes you listed are "in fashion" and not timeless. They show status. When I wear my yohji I don't want the shoes to overtake my outfit. I respect well made pair of shoes and if I wanted to invest in one, would definitely be Trickers or some other English shoemaker. Also fuck paying 1k for ma+ or guidi..
As much as Kiko and I differ in our aesthetics and how to wear our Yohji, I endorse fully his view of wearing these so called " baller " shoes with Yohji. To me wearing Yohji is all about comfort and a sense of freedom, so I will embrace these footwear if they enhance/complement that feeling but for now, YY shoes, Y-3 and DM are good in my world thank you.
What I don't get is the one-sided opinion without anything to back it up. So perhaps Magic1 should post a YY fit here complete with his badass shoes so we can all learn and admire with envy and show us what we've missed.
Don't tell us, SHOW us.post #3098 of 648410/28/12 at 5:29ampost #3099 of 648410/28/12 at 5:35ampost #3100 of 648410/28/12 at 5:39am
Yeah, I think I agree with you about the first ones. The second one is a boot from a German company called Hobo shoes. I think it's called a Charly after Chaplin. The last one is a pair of vintage boots from I think the 20's or 30's that I saw on Ebay. My personal preference would be for a nice pair of vintage cap-toe boots from the early 20th century. They just have a great shape, although I've been told that they are often quite narrow for contemporary feet.post #3101 of 648410/28/12 at 8:00amQuote:
straight from the DMUSA website
you mean the OG docs aka solovair ?
well i think there were some examples in this thread if you go back to when Ivwri was posting, pre-papa days
he has worn yohji with margiela 400$ sneakers, ann d $500 sneakers, marsell $6-800 shoes that are quite bulbous, and yohji sneakers that are made of cotton costing $600 so not really that far from paying another 400 for proper leather quality boots in guidi/m.a+ if you ask me
also i posted a fit in ann sneakers, one in alden botos, and also hakamas + rick owen dunks though i sold them immediately because i hate rick quality
another example, wearing y's + yyph and a pair of stat-ment voluminous trousers (sup snow!) with carpe boots
not suggesting that i or ivwri paid full retail (though he might have, no idea to be honest) but the prices of yohji footwear are just not that far off from what you see in, for example, the official baller footwear thread.
i think it does come down once again to whatever you're comfortable in, as you said Mr. David !post #3102 of 648410/28/12 at 8:19ampost #3103 of 648410/28/12 at 8:20ampost #3104 of 648410/28/12 at 8:53am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › ***The official Alden thread *** just now
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 24 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 35 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 2 minutes ago
- › Patterned or Solid Jacket? 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth