second that guy.
this hasn't got much to do with yohji, but i felt the people on here would appreciate it. mugshots of criminal convicts in australia, circa 1920's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:41 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 207post #3091 of 666810/27/12 at 8:34pmpost #3092 of 666810/27/12 at 8:48pmpost #3093 of 666810/27/12 at 9:05pmpost #3094 of 666810/28/12 at 4:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Magic1
this is a phenomenal thread that I greatly respect, but the footwear in here is some of the worst footwear in stores.
can I recommend a couple ideas?
first, some of the (simpler) ann demeulemeester shoes and boots fit with yohji very well. same with marsell, as illustrated by a fit pic posted a couple months ago in here. many guidi and ma+ shoes/boots would also work well. maison martin margiella (not the sneakers) could aslo work. of the dr. martens you've posted, they are all awful, sorry. how so many of you can appreciate the beauty of yohji and then find ugly shoes it with is beyond me.
these could also work:
All the shoes you listed are "in fashion" and not timeless. They show status. When I wear my yohji I don't want the shoes to overtake my outfit. I respect well made pair of shoes and if I wanted to invest in one, would definitely be Trickers or some other English shoemaker. Also fuck paying 1k for ma+ or guidi..post #3095 of 666810/28/12 at 4:28amOther than the scar stich annes, the recent stuff has not been very yohji friendly. And from some of the comments on SWD it isnt really very durable as far as footwear goes.
I am not as ardent as dbk is that newer fashion items cant work. Snow actually has a pair of kriss van assche suede boots that are very lovely and not in your face that would play well with Y.
As far as status. Yohji ain't cheap
Still, docs + flowers = my fav shoes ive seen on SF. If the shah could let me know where to kop them...post #3096 of 666810/28/12 at 4:56amSome of the best fits I've seen include docs (or that other brand asobu wears), supergas and converse. And I like baller footwear
I don't think I've ever seen a piece of overpowering footwear in a yohji show. For example, Ann always has some great boots (riders, combats, vitellos) worked into her runway shows but it works in that context.post #3097 of 666810/28/12 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by dantebykiko
All the shoes you listed are "in fashion" and not timeless. They show status. When I wear my yohji I don't want the shoes to overtake my outfit. I respect well made pair of shoes and if I wanted to invest in one, would definitely be Trickers or some other English shoemaker. Also fuck paying 1k for ma+ or guidi..
As much as Kiko and I differ in our aesthetics and how to wear our Yohji, I endorse fully his view of wearing these so called " baller " shoes with Yohji. To me wearing Yohji is all about comfort and a sense of freedom, so I will embrace these footwear if they enhance/complement that feeling but for now, YY shoes, Y-3 and DM are good in my world thank you.
What I don't get is the one-sided opinion without anything to back it up. So perhaps Magic1 should post a YY fit here complete with his badass shoes so we can all learn and admire with envy and show us what we've missed.
Don't tell us, SHOW us.post #3098 of 666810/28/12 at 5:29ampost #3099 of 666810/28/12 at 5:35ampost #3100 of 666810/28/12 at 5:39am
Yeah, I think I agree with you about the first ones. The second one is a boot from a German company called Hobo shoes. I think it's called a Charly after Chaplin. The last one is a pair of vintage boots from I think the 20's or 30's that I saw on Ebay. My personal preference would be for a nice pair of vintage cap-toe boots from the early 20th century. They just have a great shape, although I've been told that they are often quite narrow for contemporary feet.post #3101 of 666810/28/12 at 8:00amQuote:
straight from the DMUSA website
you mean the OG docs aka solovair ?
well i think there were some examples in this thread if you go back to when Ivwri was posting, pre-papa days
he has worn yohji with margiela 400$ sneakers, ann d $500 sneakers, marsell $6-800 shoes that are quite bulbous, and yohji sneakers that are made of cotton costing $600 so not really that far from paying another 400 for proper leather quality boots in guidi/m.a+ if you ask me
also i posted a fit in ann sneakers, one in alden botos, and also hakamas + rick owen dunks though i sold them immediately because i hate rick quality
another example, wearing y's + yyph and a pair of stat-ment voluminous trousers (sup snow!) with carpe boots
not suggesting that i or ivwri paid full retail (though he might have, no idea to be honest) but the prices of yohji footwear are just not that far off from what you see in, for example, the official baller footwear thread.
i think it does come down once again to whatever you're comfortable in, as you said Mr. David !post #3102 of 666810/28/12 at 8:19ampost #3103 of 666810/28/12 at 8:20ampost #3104 of 666810/28/12 at 8:53ampost #3105 of 666810/28/12 at 10:55am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 20 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...