The Cambon SA informed us the jumpsuits on the Runway were part of REGULATION. The mens line will follow in AW13.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 194
Styleforum Top Picks
I guess this will be yohji's attempt at a lower priced diffusion line again, perhaps along the lines of coming soon or even y's for men. I think it will make a difference if it will be produced in-house, and it seems like there's a demand for a lower priced "yohji" fit, especially on the men's side. I'm hoping this turns out better than s'yte myself.
A part re-post:- Project AW05 Look 10 - complete
got carried away with a few more, love this so so much
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
YYPH AW05 Look 10 Elasticated Blazer - reposted, ( HN-J30-109 ) 90/10 wool/nylon blend, exquisite yet tough tweed like. Grey, half body and sleeves lined in cupro. bespoke metal 4B closure with short notch lapels. 1B working sleeves. Size 3 with a exaggerated dropped shoulder, short silhouette and long sleeves. Flapped pockets, 4 elasticated bands round the body. Amazing construction.
YYPH AW05 Look 10 Buckle Hem Pants ( HN-P30-109 ) - size 3, oversized waist, buttoned high waist with 7 thick belt loops. Horn buttons, side and back pockets are flapped with concealed buttons. 2 small front pleats, very wide cut and move well with the tweedy fabric. 4-way width adjustable hems via twin leather buckles with a triangulated elastic fabric at the middle. Super ballooning silhouette finishing to extreme tapered hems. Hidden surprise is the provision of buttons for suspenders!
YYPH AW05 Look 10 Elasticated Cummerbund - ( HN-J31-109 ) - the " Yohji Booster " of this whole set-up. Size 3. Same bespoke buttons as the blazer, 5B closure with 4 elasticated bands and a left waist pocket. Surprisingly warmth enhancing.
YYPH AW05 Look 10 Monkey Boots ( HN-E07-714 ) - sz 2, dark brown leather, chunky rubber soles, 10 eyelet ankle boots. top notch construction. Ex-Wire.Artist
YYPH SS Tee ( HA-T91-952 ) - size 2, very dark navy in 100% cotton, great collar
CDG H+ belt
I orignally purchased the blazer ( BNWT ) on eBay few months ago, wondering if a complete suit can ever be obtained. Out of nowhere SZ's H-R was selling the suit ( actually ex-Wire.Artist as well lol ) so immediately offered/begged him to pass the 2 -piece my way. The blazer on his own is superb, the jacket+pant combo is extremely flattering, love the way the super boxy shoulders leading to a structured ( not tight ) torso, then ballooning out in the pants and finishing to a sharp taper, such a great silhouette.
Jacket+pants+cummerbund however take it to grail worthy level, adding a nonchalant edge and seriousness to the whole set-up for that special occasion. Someone may correct me, but I don't think the cummerbund concept had been used on the Runway since AW05, such a fun and original idea.
I think that something like the pants in this asobu fit would be good for frequent wear. Black, in a nice fabric (thick enough for winter), with that great volume at the top of the pant with what looks like to me to be a taper toward the ankle. Good to wear rolled up or loose and stacking. Asobu if you're still reading the thread, any advice? Or any of the other Yohji masters
As another question, I love the sort of "egg" shape that these pants give, very dramatic and appealing to me. Any suggestions as to season/a similar cut?
Thanks as always, and david, that suit looks amazing! I was actually just looking at that item on sale, glad someone picked it up as it's so unique.
haha so it was you ! i almost entered the bidding war for that piece, then realized it was on SZ (H-R) but decided i didn't want to go for it without finding the pants to complete the suit. I should have known you had the trousers...you have everything
Well Mr Shah, I made it known I have a particular soft spot for AW05 ( the Parachute, the long knit, the Shirt-knit hybrid, Studded Blazer, Look 2 same as Asobu's etc ) so very eager to complete this 3-piece
Hans was selling them on SZ first before listing the blazer on eBay. He's a super seller ( you've prob known already ) from whom I obtained quite a few things. The blazer on its own is superb. You should still go for it
Fireflygrave, I bought the blazer from another seller BNWT a while ago, Hans's blazer is still on eBay, he got it from Wire.Artist so condition is guaranteed.
Thanks Kiko for not buying the whole 3-piece so I can get the 2 off Hans:)
The cummerbund is new to me as well but great, main objective was to complete the 2 piece suit to be worn most of the time. The cummerbund is for special ( and chilly ) occasions like I said haha. Grail set-up definitely imo, especially for a short guy.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 11 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan