Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 187post #2791 of 65339/24/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2792 of 65339/24/12 at 3:07pmQuote:
hm.. i bought my first y's shirt from there for £40. you need to go at least twice a week as the good garments move really quickly. some times the price it's weird - last time i saw bright blue y's painter trousers for £230 or so... few months before that pour homme blazer for £90. not that i've seen tons of yohji (maybe 15-20 for the past 1-2 years) but you never know and yes quite a few cdg things, mostly shirts. notting hill exchange shops are good but you need 1 hours to go through all garments in the shop.post #2793 of 65339/24/12 at 3:17pmMy wife and I went to Bang Bang on Berwick Street last year ( not been to the Goodge Street one ). Nothing found for me but she bagged a very nice Pleats Please knit dress and the most incredible YYF SS04 Runway 2-piece black metal ringed dress, BNWT!
The House of Liza on Pearson Street sells some very cool YYF stuff too, No YYPH but it carries Kansai Yamamoto, one of my favorite knitwear designers back in the 80s .post #2794 of 65339/24/12 at 3:49pmThread StarterHi Ben,
I think your fit(s) is(are) really being done a disservice by the mirror shot to be honest. Since you seem to have interesting proportions already any distortion from the focal distance, mirror and angle really adds up. The short jacket and baggy pants could work in a sort of ancient Ottoman military sort of silhouette (which I guess is more of a Damir silhouette than a Yohji one nowadays) but would need to get a more natural pose and better pic to tell, hehe.
I would have preferred a longer jacket like what kiko and david are suggesting though.
I saw on the WAYWT thread that people are advising taking pics outside which would of course make the whole thing much better. Another option if your camera has a timer is to set it on a ledge about waist high somewhere in your room and step back as much as possible (assuming the space is there for something like that).
Also try and move your body a bit or if the light is poor, pose in mid motion. The thing with looser clothing is that they really do not benefit from robot-style poses. You have to show that drape
Edited by Ivwri - 9/24/12 at 5:35pmpost #2795 of 65339/24/12 at 5:03pmpost #2796 of 65339/24/12 at 5:11pmI am indeed although I have been living in America for sometime (in medical school at the moment)
Maybe im just too blinded. I really have enjoyed wearing looser fit stuff, which is very different from when I wear a lot of "sexierr" stuff. I get compliments and stuff but its not true to my nature. I just happen to be very muscular so things like v-neck t's + leather jacket + slim jeans and boots work really well for me. Except that it doesn't feel quite right.
This stuff feels much more me. I really like yohji's approach to design and philosophically I really feel what he is doing. I remember watching an interview and I was like wow this person is like my intellectual double!
I will take everyones advice and next time take a photo on my porch.post #2797 of 65339/24/12 at 5:34pmpost #2798 of 65339/24/12 at 6:45pmfinally got my hakamas in and I really love them, so soft and comfy got a lot of funny looks but lots of positive comments as well! I had a really big grin while I was wearing them all day. Its been repeated a lot but it really feels "me," like something I've owned a long time.
(sorry for weird color palette, had to blow out the contrast to see the folds of the garments)
YYPH/black t shirt/YYPH/chucks
Detail Shots (Click to show)post #2799 of 65339/24/12 at 7:37pmpost #2800 of 65339/25/12 at 9:06amThread Starterpost #2801 of 65339/25/12 at 9:16ampost #2802 of 65339/25/12 at 10:58ampost #2803 of 65339/25/12 at 11:07ampost #2804 of 65339/25/12 at 11:58am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - 3 Button Summer Weight - Tagged 48 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher PTB by... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...