Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 187
Styleforum Top Picks
hm.. i bought my first y's shirt from there for £40. you need to go at least twice a week as the good garments move really quickly. some times the price it's weird - last time i saw bright blue y's painter trousers for £230 or so... few months before that pour homme blazer for £90. not that i've seen tons of yohji (maybe 15-20 for the past 1-2 years) but you never know and yes quite a few cdg things, mostly shirts. notting hill exchange shops are good but you need 1 hours to go through all garments in the shop.
The House of Liza on Pearson Street sells some very cool YYF stuff too, No YYPH but it carries Kansai Yamamoto, one of my favorite knitwear designers back in the 80s .
I think your fit(s) is(are) really being done a disservice by the mirror shot to be honest. Since you seem to have interesting proportions already any distortion from the focal distance, mirror and angle really adds up. The short jacket and baggy pants could work in a sort of ancient Ottoman military sort of silhouette (which I guess is more of a Damir silhouette than a Yohji one nowadays) but would need to get a more natural pose and better pic to tell, hehe.
I would have preferred a longer jacket like what kiko and david are suggesting though.
I saw on the WAYWT thread that people are advising taking pics outside which would of course make the whole thing much better. Another option if your camera has a timer is to set it on a ledge about waist high somewhere in your room and step back as much as possible (assuming the space is there for something like that).
Also try and move your body a bit or if the light is poor, pose in mid motion. The thing with looser clothing is that they really do not benefit from robot-style poses. You have to show that drape
Edited by Ivwri - 9/24/12 at 5:35pm
Maybe im just too blinded. I really have enjoyed wearing looser fit stuff, which is very different from when I wear a lot of "sexierr" stuff. I get compliments and stuff but its not true to my nature. I just happen to be very muscular so things like v-neck t's + leather jacket + slim jeans and boots work really well for me. Except that it doesn't feel quite right.
This stuff feels much more me. I really like yohji's approach to design and philosophically I really feel what he is doing. I remember watching an interview and I was like wow this person is like my intellectual double!
I will take everyones advice and next time take a photo on my porch.
(sorry for weird color palette, had to blow out the contrast to see the folds of the garments)
YYPH/black t shirt/YYPH/chucks
Detail Shots (Click to show)
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official Beer Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan