Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 187post #2791 of 66029/24/12 at 2:54pmpost #2792 of 66029/24/12 at 3:07pmQuote:
hm.. i bought my first y's shirt from there for £40. you need to go at least twice a week as the good garments move really quickly. some times the price it's weird - last time i saw bright blue y's painter trousers for £230 or so... few months before that pour homme blazer for £90. not that i've seen tons of yohji (maybe 15-20 for the past 1-2 years) but you never know and yes quite a few cdg things, mostly shirts. notting hill exchange shops are good but you need 1 hours to go through all garments in the shop.post #2793 of 66029/24/12 at 3:17pmMy wife and I went to Bang Bang on Berwick Street last year ( not been to the Goodge Street one ). Nothing found for me but she bagged a very nice Pleats Please knit dress and the most incredible YYF SS04 Runway 2-piece black metal ringed dress, BNWT!
The House of Liza on Pearson Street sells some very cool YYF stuff too, No YYPH but it carries Kansai Yamamoto, one of my favorite knitwear designers back in the 80s .post #2794 of 66029/24/12 at 3:49pmThread StarterHi Ben,
I think your fit(s) is(are) really being done a disservice by the mirror shot to be honest. Since you seem to have interesting proportions already any distortion from the focal distance, mirror and angle really adds up. The short jacket and baggy pants could work in a sort of ancient Ottoman military sort of silhouette (which I guess is more of a Damir silhouette than a Yohji one nowadays) but would need to get a more natural pose and better pic to tell, hehe.
I would have preferred a longer jacket like what kiko and david are suggesting though.
I saw on the WAYWT thread that people are advising taking pics outside which would of course make the whole thing much better. Another option if your camera has a timer is to set it on a ledge about waist high somewhere in your room and step back as much as possible (assuming the space is there for something like that).
Also try and move your body a bit or if the light is poor, pose in mid motion. The thing with looser clothing is that they really do not benefit from robot-style poses. You have to show that drape
Edited by Ivwri - 9/24/12 at 5:35pmpost #2795 of 66029/24/12 at 5:03pmpost #2796 of 66029/24/12 at 5:11pmI am indeed although I have been living in America for sometime (in medical school at the moment)
Maybe im just too blinded. I really have enjoyed wearing looser fit stuff, which is very different from when I wear a lot of "sexierr" stuff. I get compliments and stuff but its not true to my nature. I just happen to be very muscular so things like v-neck t's + leather jacket + slim jeans and boots work really well for me. Except that it doesn't feel quite right.
This stuff feels much more me. I really like yohji's approach to design and philosophically I really feel what he is doing. I remember watching an interview and I was like wow this person is like my intellectual double!
I will take everyones advice and next time take a photo on my porch.post #2797 of 66029/24/12 at 5:34pmpost #2798 of 66029/24/12 at 6:45pmfinally got my hakamas in and I really love them, so soft and comfy got a lot of funny looks but lots of positive comments as well! I had a really big grin while I was wearing them all day. Its been repeated a lot but it really feels "me," like something I've owned a long time.
(sorry for weird color palette, had to blow out the contrast to see the folds of the garments)
YYPH/black t shirt/YYPH/chucks
Detail Shots (Click to show)post #2799 of 66029/24/12 at 7:37pmpost #2800 of 66029/25/12 at 9:06amThread Starterpost #2801 of 66029/25/12 at 9:16ampost #2802 of 66029/25/12 at 10:58ampost #2803 of 66029/25/12 at 11:07ampost #2804 of 66029/25/12 at 11:58ampost #2805 of 66029/25/12 at 12:51pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 23 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 44 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...