Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 184post #2746 of 65339/13/12 at 1:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2747 of 65339/13/12 at 2:03pmpost #2748 of 65339/13/12 at 2:08pmpost #2749 of 65339/15/12 at 4:30am
Y-3 SS12 Look 8 Exclusive Strap Blazer - it doesn't say Exclusive on the tag ( discontinued ) but from my 6 years of buying/studying Y-3 this piece is Exclusive in spirit and price point. Black twill cotton similar to one used for some SS11 YYPH pants, Size M ( S is snug ), dropped shoulder old school Yohji, 2B closure, additional 2 buttons allow a DB look. 2 small buttoned flapped pockets at the front + chest pocket + 2 bottom flapped ones. Half body lined in fabric, sleeves in cupro ( just like Y's/YYPH ). Long blazer. 2 dangling front straps and 2 removable ones at the back allow the blazer to be shortened by fastening to hidden buttons. The 2 front straps have extensions at the top to allow it to be worn open but secured at the same time ( AW11 YYPH inspired ) and interesting decorative plays on the look with the random front panel buttons. Nothing mainstream Y-3 about this piece.
Y-3 SS12 Look 10 Multi-pocket Pants - same twill cotton, size S relaxed fit, twin snap button closure with toggle drawstring. 2 large front and back waist elasticated flapped pockets, long elasticated cuffs.
SS Tee and Y-3 AW09 Hejarklack Leather Hi-tops.
Edited by davidlee388 - 9/15/12 at 1:28pmpost #2750 of 65339/15/12 at 7:18ampost #2751 of 65339/15/12 at 7:45am
Haha thanks Valter, I was trying to fool others but the connIsseurs like yourself will always know. In fact the whole suit is SS12 ( the sneakers AW09 ). They are the defunct Exclusives now marketed under the whole Y-3 umbrella. The fabric ( cotton twill ), the construction ( same half body lined in fabric, sleeves in cupro, even the thick thread from middle of lining to panel ), the silhouette and styling all shout YY and less Y-3. The straps can be used to shorten the blazer ( similar in concept to a YYPH AW11 Runway piece ) by buttoning up a section. Also hints of YYPH SS13 with the straps going over the panels as an option.
Price wise they are much dearer than the mainstream Y-3 but cheaper than the good old Exclusives ( those were made in Japan, usually devoid of any logo ). Anyway just try to illustrate Y-3, chosen carefully, can blend very well with YY IMO.
PS. guess the fit should be removed from this thread cos it ain't Yohjipost #2752 of 65339/15/12 at 8:25ampost #2753 of 65339/15/12 at 8:46amThread StarterDon't remove the picture David! lol. Y-3 is Yohji so should definitely stay here. I even put up the season show so no biggy. Actually we should probably put up the first Adidas Yohji season in build up for the women's collection coming up soon. Has that already been posted?
Cool fit david and kiko. I definitely need more cropped Yohji pants in my life.
La Garconne has excellent styling and those pictures breathe new life into the clothing for me. That smock-like shirt is something that I thought no amount of styling could make look anything but costumey but they came close I must say, .
Recently received a great SS09 suit from asobu and I am in love. It is a similar cut to the first look on the runway of that season but all black. It is a 74% linen/26% cupro blend and has such a slouchy, slubby texture. It is great. Really like all the linen pieces I have from Yohji, but this really pushed me over the edge. It is very light and translucent in the right light, rumples very nicely and moves really well. Suits the weather here to a tee as well. Definitely going to pick up anything similar to this from the SS13 collection for sure. I have misplaced my SD card somehow so can't take any proper pics, but as soon as I locate it will do a fit pic.post #2754 of 65339/15/12 at 9:09ampost #2755 of 65339/15/12 at 11:48am
ss09 it's such a wonderful collection. at some point i will need to get suit, too. however i've been lucky over the auctions and manage to buy few good pieces. aw03 black gabardine suit with hand-stitching details, ss02 gabardine suit with reflective? detailing, ss96 gabardine pants with white stripe - always loved this look.post #2756 of 65339/16/12 at 3:52pmpost #2757 of 65339/18/12 at 4:49pm
YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Contrast Lapel Blazer ( HJ-J18-323 ) 50/50 linen/cotton blend, dry hand and very light, almost see through fabric. Very dark grey, size 2 perfect fit, structured ( still roomy ) and longish silhouette. 3B closure with notch lapels.half body lined in fabric, sleeves in cupro. Unusual pointed flapped bottom pockets, white/black striped cotton extensions from right lapel to side of front panel and on pen pocket. The pattern pokes out and hides itself in motion when partly buttoned, lovely touch. Long back pleat ( not vent ) adds volume and comfort ( arms crossed on back shot to show pleat )
YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Cuffed Pants ( HJ-P12-008 ) - black 100% dry hand thin cotton, size 2 huge waist, 2 back patch pockets, banded fabric cuffs ( non-elastic )
YYPH SS Tee ( HA-T91-952 ) - size 2, dark navy, nice collar band, 100% medium weight cotton.
CDG H+ belt, Dr. Martens 1460 Mono ( all black ) 8 eyelet boots.
SS10 was immediately after the bankruptcy/take-over, a kind of " gap " season. No runway show, just 15 or so Studio Collection Looks. No show-stoppers for sure, however there were still some great silent but very wearable and unmistakably Yohji pieces. The bonus being the price points were between traditional YYPH and Y's making them relatively affordable.
Edited by davidlee388 - 9/18/12 at 5:05pmpost #2758 of 65339/19/12 at 3:24pm^ I like the pocket flaps there, david. Sort of western-equestrian style.
two pretty boring looks from me.
yyph ss12 army cap - 100% ramie
yyph ss12 cubist shirt - 100% cotton
yyph ss12 drawstring pants - 100% cotton
superga leather sneakers
the pants are light as a feather. same material as the other cotton "810" from ss12. feels like I have nothing on. size 3 with ribbon waistband that can be tied or left hanging. the pattern is cut with multiple assymetrical panels. sort of like the cubist shirt. sorry, photo doesn't really show all the detail.
coming soon ss10 plaid jacket - 100% cotton
yyph ss09 pants - 73% cotton / 26% ramie / 1% poly
anvil cotton tee
random yoox sneakers
pants are size 2. super oversized waist with strong taper. fabric is very dry and crisp.post #2759 of 65339/20/12 at 5:18am
unexpected box arrived today at the office. aw96 gabardine pants with big back pocket. really wide cut, the gabardine its 167 code (amazing!) also the "house" coat from aw99. it's so massive and warm. taking the homeless look to different dimension. i will have to think about how i can wear the coat, probably with less wide pants.post #2760 of 65339/20/12 at 7:30amQuote:Originally Posted by dantebykiko
unexpected box arrived today at the office. aw96 gabardine pants with big back pocket. really wide cut, the gabardine its 167 code (amazing!) also the "house" coat from aw99. it's so massive and warm. taking the homeless look to different dimension. i will have to think about how i can wear the coat, probably with less wide pants.
Wow, that coat ...... Does it have a hood? ( the pic aint very clear on my work's monitor )
Try tights/fleece pants and boots with it perhaps, I can't pull that off, but you can :)
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Cars We Drive! 5 seconds ago
- › NEW ALDEN color 8 Wingtip boots, crepe sole, 9.5D Barrie/US 10D 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...