What's the publication for?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 174post #2596 of 65778/27/12 at 4:33ampost #2597 of 65778/27/12 at 6:43amThread StarterThanks david, glad you like. The model is not my wife though! We just raided my wife's wardrobe, hehe. Styling is by my wife and myself. The hem of the skirt just looks funky cos of the angle. Pretty straightforward in person. The model's my friend and it's her first time doing something like this. She's a definite natural in front of the lens so I expect I might end up using her for at least one more shoot I have in mind.
@snow I am planning it as a counter-culture type of thing. Photography, prose fiction, essays, graphic design, art, reviews etc. Hopefully it will be cool. I think I have some interesting interviews lined up for this and the next issue so should be interesting for non-Nigerians too if all goes well.
EDIT - Thanks to this thread I have seen a lot of Y's pieces that I would love to have in my wardrobe. At the moment I only own three Y's pieces - a slim fitting shirt, a pair of sneakers and a pair of boots. Was initially not too fond of the brand because loads of the pieces I saw in person and online seemed to fit pretty slim. I have been keeping an eye out for more items now though thanks to various Y's fits. That jacket you just posted for example looks really versatile and would be a nice "go to" jacket to throw on top of something and head out the door. Seems to capture one of the things I really like about Yohji's stuff which is their "down for whatever" spirit.post #2598 of 65778/27/12 at 7:02ampost #2599 of 65778/27/12 at 7:10amThread StarterAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (fan girl shriek). So much awesomeness! Why wasn't I there?? .
You all look great! Has asobu left yet?
EDIT - For someone who doesn't like taking photos wireartist always has so much swag in them. The shot of the three of you is great. Nice bench too . not sure this post is gonna be topped until we all meet up for FW13 or something, hehe.post #2600 of 65778/27/12 at 7:26ampost #2601 of 65778/27/12 at 7:27ampost #2602 of 65778/27/12 at 7:27ampost #2603 of 65778/27/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #2604 of 65778/27/12 at 8:35amlol "asobu is the shy one"
i hear he's too handsome to be photographed
I got this YYPH SS05 Cotton/Silk knit it's very loose weave and very oversized, in dark blue with almost purplish floral pattern
looks great with a tee underneath
I should have taken better pics, I forgot the product code now aside from the HY-post #2605 of 65778/27/12 at 8:52amQuote:
i was just going to ask who that "other dude" was
..glad i didnt. cant disrespect one of the best!
ivwri, is it going to be online or paperpost #2606 of 65778/27/12 at 8:58ampost #2607 of 65778/27/12 at 10:54ampost #2608 of 65778/27/12 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by dantebykiko
so the hakamas arrived after 5-6 weeks waiting. look 31 - tencel 45 / cupro 55. it's funny because cupro it's "european cousin of tencel", so he kind of mixes two very similar fabrics into one. if it was other designer, the choice would be just cupro or just tencel.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This looks awesome and is making me wish I had a tracking number for minepost #2609 of 65778/27/12 at 11:00ampost #2610 of 65778/27/12 at 11:37am
The Y's was Saturday, bank holiday long weekend here so went out this morning until it threw it down :(
YYPH SS06 Look 6 long Coat ( HR-C08-001 ) - from the baseball series. Black, 100% cotton, thin dry hand fabric. Size 1, oversized fit but great sleeves and length ( difficult to find a good length coat on someone with a challenged height ). Half body lined in fabric, 2B Yohji button closure with a long cutaway front. Hybrid peak lapels with ribbed collar ( 65/30/5 cotton/ramie/polyurethane ) for the baseball bomber influence when the additional 2 lapel buttons are fastened. Buttonless sleeves, left chest velcroed patch/badge ( another baseball hint? ). 2 side velcro-flapped pockets with secret cut-outs to reach pant pockets. Left inside chest pocket can be reached from the left chest pocket. Long back pleat ( not vent ) adds volume. Tricks galore but above all a great lightweight summer coat and proper " Yohji " fit.
YYPH SS06 Metal Button Pants ( HR-P14-005 ) - posted before, size 2, 100% cotton, huge waist and baggy. Try to achieve coherence with the coat fabric.
YYPH AW11 Monkey Boots - ( HP-E05-754 ) Size 2, black nubuck like leather with 15 eyelet closure.
Black SS Tee and CDG H+ belt.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 20, 2016 : The particular jacket challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Shirt Fit Help 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding