Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 158
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2357 of 64938/9/12 at 12:16pmthe fit doesn't worry me. think they should've put a size 4, not 3, on the model. in any case, i like the collar, the lapels, the double layer closed with a belt. i'd want it whatever the brand. but i hope most people agree with you and don't buy it, and maybe it will still be around come sale time.post #2358 of 64938/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterPretty interesting as it seems every online retailer that stocks Yohji picked up that coat. I initially thought it was a different iteration of the look 11 coat when Atelier put up their own buy, but looks like it is not. The LN-CC buy is not too bad in my estimation. They got the distressed knits, silk pants, the engineer boots, the look 15 jacket and even the mountain hats .
Pretty surprised they didn't stock the capes or even the button collar jacket Atelier picked up and according to their newsletter, this is the complete buy.
For what its worth I also like that coat. I think the inner belt and double lapel construction make it more "Yohji" than say Dries for example. They also size down a lot when modeling Yohji so I wouldn't use the way it looks on the model as any solid indicator. Saw a picture of it worn correctly sized imo and it looked great. Not sure I can share it on here though.
EDIT - Looks like Vertice London has finally gotten the full size range for most of their pieces for anyone who is curious. Also wondering why those cropped pants that both they and LN-CC picked up go up to size 6...pretty random.post #2359 of 64938/9/12 at 1:49pmpost #2360 of 64938/9/12 at 1:56pmpost #2361 of 64938/9/12 at 1:58pmpost #2362 of 64938/9/12 at 2:16pmpost #2363 of 64938/9/12 at 2:20pm
This is a re-post of a fit. Ivwri and Asobu, I promise to show this ex-Asobu's piece in better light.
YYPH AW98 Stitch Blazer ( HY-J30-999 ) Size S, 100% wool, dry hand but supple fabric, quite unique. It's a SB/DB blazer, off-white buttons, inside left strap to fasten blazer in a semi-open fashion. Or it can be fastened the classic DB way with a single button ( 3rd from a roll of 5 on right panel ) Or it can be done up SB style with a single button ( shown fastened to strap ). Striking white stitching on lapels, under collar and top half of back panel. Button on left lapel decorational. Classic oversized, drop-shouldered silhouette. Buttonless sleeves with cuff stitch details. Superb in motion, when buttoned DB the bottom 2 buttons reveal and hide themselves in motion. Final touch of genius:- underarm vents. Construction is stupendous. A top ten piece easily.
YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Pants ( HV-P07-114 ) posted before, size 3, supersized, low crotched fit. 100% wool, softer and lighter than 100 gab. Belt loops, back pocket flaps and darts on leg buttoned pockets in leather. Very comfortable pants.
YYPH SS10 Stitch SS Tee ( HJ-T52-081 ) Size 3, 100% medium weight cotton. Black with contrast white reverse stitches on front right panel, shoulder seams and sleeves' seams.
YYPH SS09 Patent Leather Sneakers ( HV-E04-754 ) Size 2, black patent leather, 7 eyelet closure, beautiful laces. Rubber soles with white accents on the edge. The good old days of YYPH - made in Japan lolpost #2364 of 64938/9/12 at 2:24pmpost #2365 of 64938/9/12 at 2:32pmpost #2366 of 64938/9/12 at 3:04pmThread StarterYup, cupper is right. That coat I wore is an AW04 coat in wool gabardine. Picked that up off of wire actually .
Damn David Tha looks so nice. I just missed picking up that jacket from asobu actually then I later found out you were the one who got it, lol. Good to know it is in a good home though. Great stuff.
Really like that coat of asobu's so nice. Fit is great too. Was hoping to do a ghetto version of that exact fit by picking up the cotton double layer jacket from SS12, but I ended up missing out. Still need to pick up some Docspost #2367 of 64938/9/12 at 3:32pmYeah, that is the double layer coat I'm wearing. The very same one actually as I picked it up from Rex! Had been looking for it for a couple of years so I was very happy to finally have got my hands on it. From AW00.Quote:
Pretty much, they're MIE oxblood Solovair 11 holes. These. Love them, this pair and a pair of 10 holes black docs are on my regular rotation all year round except for the summer months.post #2368 of 64938/9/12 at 7:41pmpost #2369 of 64938/10/12 at 12:50am
60k yen starting bid is A LOT for a pair of pants on Y!, that's nearly Japanese retail. Dunno if pants can be someone's grail but this has been on Y! for months... For that money someone should buy your SS11 Priest Shirt instead.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Club/Bar outfit 35 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 36 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 36 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories