or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 144

post #2146 of 5726

Davidlee, I have that exact same jacket and really love it. It's probably in my top five too, although I suspect I spent much more on it than you did. Would love to get some matching pants too. AW04 is by far one of my favorite seasons...

post #2147 of 5726
does anyone have any inputs on y's red label? i think this is a japan line? hows the quality compare to yyph ?
post #2148 of 5726

Originally Posted by kgfan5 View Post

does anyone have any inputs on y's red label? i think this is a japan line? hows the quality compare to yyph ?

 

 

i have a maybe 10 years old long silk jacket and trousers with red y's label and they are still fine. very good quality.
 

post #2149 of 5726
That's' brilliant fit david, all of yours all black on black are fantastic. Not fan of the others improvisations as some garments look little small on the chest and biceps, which its understandable with your physic.

Regarding the questions about quality of the fabrics etc. You need to put the garment on you, photo judgment its unacceptable for Yohji (and other high fashion labels). My personal experience from today, I received the ss01 pocket trousers and when I opened the parcel I was surprised because they were dark grey instead of black and little bit shiny. Feeling bit disappointed I come back to work and tried them on and of course from nowhere the Yohji magic happened. They fit perfect and the waist pockets are bloody amazing! Nothing look shiny or funny. I will post photos when I get back home.

Also I think I got couple photos of the aw04 show.
post #2150 of 5726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post

That's' brilliant fit david, all of yours all black on black are fantastic. Not fan of the others improvisations as some garments look little small on the chest and biceps, which its understandable with your physic.
Regarding the questions about quality of the fabrics etc. You need to put the garment on you, photo judgment its unacceptable for Yohji (and other high fashion labels). My personal experience from today, I received the ss01 pocket trousers and when I opened the parcel I was surprised because they were dark grey instead of black and little bit shiny. Feeling bit disappointed I come back to work and tried them on and of course from nowhere the Yohji magic happened. They fit perfect and the waist pockets are bloody amazing! Nothing look shiny or funny. I will post photos when I get back home.
Also I think I got couple photos of the aw04 show.

Thanks for the comments. You live and learn from your mistakes I suppose. I think I am kinda size 2.5 for his recent collections for some pieces so it's not easy to bid on auctions with confidence that things will fit when those amateurish size measurements are not accurate. AW11 in particular is a real minefield when a lot of jackets were only available in size 1,3 and 5....

 

The best way to appreciate the fabrics ( very important in the Yohji universe )  is of course try it in person. Failing that a video of someone wearing it in motion is the next best thing. However it is a bit cheesy and OTT every time we post a Look with a motion clip haha. 


Edited by davidlee388 - 7/24/12 at 8:23am
post #2151 of 5726
comma comma is selling the 04 zip blazer in sz. 2 (not cheap), if anyone wants to grab one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/yohji-yamamoto-pour-homme-jacket-/280928331213?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item4168a225cd
post #2152 of 5726
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

comma comma is selling the 04 zip blazer in sz. 2 (not cheap), if anyone wants to grab one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/yohji-yamamoto-pour-homme-jacket-/280928331213?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item4168a225cd

Exact same one as mine....hmmm he is asking a lot. However his stuff is always mint. He did have another iteration a while ago. This size 2 fits like a size 3 of current seasons so buyers beware :)

post #2153 of 5726
post #2154 of 5726

s/s 2001 bomber and trousers, a/w 2008 boots.

 

 

700700

 

 

 

cheap Hakamas: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/gsc-rinkan/r03mp1207220127000/

 

=)

aw 04 madness.

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700


Edited by dantebykiko - 7/24/12 at 12:59pm
post #2155 of 5726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post

s/s 2001 bomber and trousers, a/w 2008 boots.






cheap Hakamas: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/gsc-rinkan/r03mp1207220127000/

=)
aw 04 madness.




















Bravo to the fit pics and the AW04 Runway smile.gif
post #2156 of 5726

Yohji's official site has been completely updated:

 

http://yohjiyamamoto.co.jp/

 

Now the product codes are shown alongside the looks!

post #2157 of 5726

By the way, there are two Yohji's legacy lines that could be updated on the first post:

 

Gothic Yohji Yamamoto Homme

 

700

 

&

 

Workshop (this line featured casual around-home sportswear)

 

700

post #2158 of 5726
Thread Starter 
Excellent posts david and dante.

Really love that whole look david. Great stuff. The zipper really adds a very nice touch to the ensemble. A bit of edge and funnily enough some kind of elegance to my eyes. Would be great to see it in motion. Would really like to see what the weight of the zippers when open added to the motion of the sleeve and back of the jacket. Really enjoying your countdown by the way. When are we going to get number 3? devil.gif

Glad that the pants worked out dante icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif. Thanks for posting more of the madness dance pics. Would be so happy to find this show in motion, looks like it would have been so much fun. I wonder when (if?) Yohji will go back to doing shows like this again. Been saying it for a while now, but I think that was part of what really sold me on him in the first place, all the cool stuff he used to bring to his shows that had a lot of showmanship, but were still somehow down to earth at the same time. Not trying for any artistic message, but just having fun and showcasing the kind of stuff that he liked.

Finally the YY site has the lookbook hosted on there, lol. This makes it a lot easier to catalogue stuff and see what item matches what look on the runway now. Shame not all the looks have rear views, but they have already showed me a pair of pants that I would have missed out on if I hadn't seen the rear view. Has anyone handled any of the pieces this season? dante? Very interested in how warm/stiff the 005 and 004 cotton pieces are as it seems almost all of the navy items are made from them.

Also curious about the 104 and 105 wool pieces. The suit I want is in these two fabrics (look 15 J16-104-2 and P07-105-2). If anyone manages to get a handle on these fabrics would be great to get impressions.

Looks like I am stuck in Gambia until Friday so no top five for me until the weekend at the earliest. Sigh.
post #2159 of 5726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Excellent posts david and dante.
Really love that whole look david. Great stuff. The zipper really adds a very nice touch to the ensemble. A bit of edge and funnily enough some kind of elegance to my eyes. Would be great to see it in motion. Would really like to see what the weight of the zippers when open added to the motion of the sleeve and back of the jacket. Really enjoying your countdown by the way. When are we going to get number 3? devil.gif

Looks like I am stuck in Gambia until Friday so no top five for me until the weekend at the earliest. Sigh.

Thanks for the comments. I am definitely an old school Yohji fan, the over-oversized silhouette and the black of course. The zipper is quite weighty when fully closed but doesn't affect the movement when the sleeves/side or both are open. I am not sure if the fabric improves with age or 100 wool in different seasons mean different things, the 100 wool gab of AW04 seems much more supple and dare I say better than other 100 wool gab pieces I have. Anyone can shed some light on it or is it just my imagination? Pictures cannot tell fully how well the blazer + pants feel in person. I think Asobu has another iteration of the zipper series, may be he can chime in.....

 

I am super happy I don't have to sell the SS11 Yohji Uniform after it's been in hibernation for almost a year but now assessing it logically. it should not be among my top 5 piece since it still doesn't fit me perfectly so I am gonna post 4 more pieces/looks instead ( absolutely no mistakes this time lol ). But like I said in an earlier post, someone's Top Five can be another's rubbish but as long as the wearer is happy.....

 

You work hard so you need to play harder given the chance rotflmao.gif


Edited by davidlee388 - 7/25/12 at 6:28am
post #2160 of 5726

YYPH AW05 Look 43 Toggle Coat on Y!

 

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r92480427

 

Very reasonable 50k starting bid. I wouldn't have posted this if this was sz 2 ( I would have gone for it ). Wire.Artist will tell you himself how great the coat is. dcbank very reputable re-sale shop. 4/5 condition is very very good. Hope someone here gets it. 


Edited by davidlee388 - 7/25/12 at 7:53am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)