or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 124

post #1846 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post

or this....

 

YAMA_MW_SS11_0036.jpegYAMA_MW_SS11_0020.jpegYAMA_MW_SS11_0057.jpeg

 

 

one jacket is here to find. if someone is interested. :-)

 

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162681873

post #1847 of 5710

saw that couple of days ago. will pass, i'm aiming for printed trousers.

post #1848 of 5710
if my ann d floral trousers fit more like yohji they'd be the perfect trouser, damn it.
post #1849 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by esox View Post


one jacket is here to find. if someone is interested. :-)

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162681873

Yeah this has been on for at least a couple of months now, not sure why no one's picking it up. It's not my size, otherwise I might've. Love this pattern, I'm still after the shorts from L1. Wouldn't mind the suit either, and this cut would work better for me than the db I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

i was thinking about this the other day while wearing the hakamas. when i looked down for a sec as I was walking I felt as if there were jelly fish propelling my legs forward. this might be the most bizarre post i've made on SF laugh.gif
maybe if i film it it makes more sense ...
gif-jellyfish-sea-water-Favim.com-231876_large.gif

That's a good description, hehe. I know exactly what you mean... I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadsvandringar View Post

I read somewhere he wanted to make a psychedelic flower print collection as some kind of statement following the restructuring. Aw10 was his sort of return to form (and saleability), and ss11 was then a conceptual about face.

Makes sense to me that he wanted to go more conceptual after the (terrific) best-of of aw10. He did the psychedelic prints for women's ss11. Speaking of non-daring/"wearable" collections, man, aw10 was soo damn good on the racks despite being less adventurous. I'd be set for life with that collection in my closet.
post #1850 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobu View Post


Yeah this has been on for at least a couple of months now, not sure why no one's picking it up. It's not my size, otherwise I might've. Love this pattern, I'm still after the shorts from L1. Wouldn't mind the suit either, and this cut would work better for me than the db I think.
That's a good description, hehe. I know exactly what you mean... I think
Makes sense to me that he wanted to go more conceptual after the (terrific) best-of of aw10. He did the psychedelic prints for women's ss11. Speaking of non-daring/"wearable" collections, man, aw10 was soo damn good on the racks despite being less adventurous. I'd be set for life with that collection in my closet.

"cool" people won't agree with you about aw10....

 

Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 17.16.12.png

post #1851 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post

"cool" people won't agree with you about aw10....

 

Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 17.16.12.png

AW10 is definitely cool. I remember visiting Conduit Street after the SS10 sale when the store received a special delivery of the pieces from the 4.1 The Men show before the main AW10 collection arrived later. The long coat, the " warrior jacket " ( that's what it's called by Conduit ) worn in the middle of the show when the men doing the poses, the Silk Chinese ( Japanese? ) traditional uniform worn by the old man, the camouflage blazers were all there. In size 3....none of them fitted me...gutted....they were all gone within weeks . A lot of the non-runway/non studio presentation stuff seen in the shop are seldom in auctions either.

post #1852 of 5710
I have a huge soft spot for florals. Really want those trousers from Look 3 (although I'm still curious about the Ann FW08 hydrangea trousers).

My brother is also a Yohji fan, so I thought I'd throw in a fit pic I took of him today.

541

467

(side view of pocket arrangement with the trousers laid flat)

The longsleeve t-shirt is SS11, made from 075 cotton. It feels incredibly soft, with a texture kinda like fleece, but it is really lightweight. Bit weird that he has a FW11 longsleeve using the same 075 cotton, but that feels completely different - a heavy t-shirt material that is soft, but not as soft as this one. The trousers are SS12, made from 017 cotton. The SA at the Conduit store described the material as being like shirting cotton, and that's pretty much the most accurate description I can think of. The material falls really nicely, and the trousers are cut quite wide in the waist, with double pleats and a slight taper. Cardigan is just a lambswool from Uniqlo, and the shoes are Spring Courts.
post #1853 of 5710

while still on a/w09 talks. tesco finest shopping with my h&m long robe, yyph short jacket with gathering on the back, y's a/w 2003 wool trousers and docs.

 

tru3tru2tru1

post #1854 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by syed View Post

The longsleeve t-shirt is SS11, made from 075 cotton. It feels incredibly soft, with a texture kinda like fleece, but it is really lightweight. Bit weird that he has a FW11 longsleeve using the same 075 cotton, but that feels completely different - a heavy t-shirt material that is soft, but not as soft as this one. The trousers are SS12, made from 017 cotton. The SA at the Conduit store described the material as being like shirting cotton, and that's pretty much the most accurate description I can think of. The material falls really nicely, and the trousers are cut quite wide in the waist, with double pleats and a slight taper. Cardigan is just a lambswool from Uniqlo, and the shoes are Spring Courts.

Not to bring this up again (well... hehe) but are you sure it's the same cotton? Fabric codes are definitely not season cross-over. Trousers sound interesting, is the fabric delicate? They look really good bunched up across the waist like that, nice cut. Good simple fit overall!
post #1855 of 5710
^ In which case ignore what I said! I was wondering how the cotton was so different despite being the same code. Makes sense now that I think about it facepalm.gif And the trousers don't feel that delicate at all actually, they feel like a substantial shirt (well obviously not the same as an oxford or broad cloth, but pretty solid all the same). Creases easily but I can't imagine getting holes in them would be that easy!
post #1856 of 5710
Thread Starter 
Can't type much cos on phone, but just wanted to say that from the fabric code spreadsheet I got up, it seems that code numbers repeat but represent different fabric compositions across different seasons. You guys should check it out if interested and contribute tongue.gif. It's on the first post.

Great fits as well kiko. Good stuff.
post #1857 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobu View Post

Not to bring this up again (well... hehe) but are you sure it's the same cotton? Fabric codes are definitely not season cross-over. Trousers sound interesting, is the fabric delicate? They look really good bunched up across the waist like that, nice cut. Good simple fit overall!

Well Asobu, whether these codes are relevant across seasons, it's still interesting to archive them ( Ivwri's the man! ) and note how serious Yohji is in choosing fabrics for his clothes. There is a fabric I came across with ONE % polyurethane in it ( a SS09 pant, 010 ), what that tiniest % of that material does to a fabric, maybe someone has a textile background can explain, but it's fascinating all the same.

To further cause controversy, the SS07 Look 2 suit has different rayon/ramie blend codes ( same season ) for the blazer and pants ( 224 & 203 respectively ) but the exact same composition. Maybe to do with the different thickness. Perhaps syed had a point...
post #1858 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Can't type much cos on phone, but just wanted to say that from the fabric code spreadsheet I got up, it seems that code numbers repeat but represent different fabric compositions across different seasons. You guys should check it out if interested and contribute tongue.gif. It's on the first post.
Great fits as well kiko. Good stuff.

You are making this thread at the top of Google search Ivwri, if there's an Oscar for dedication to appraise Yohji's work, you've won it nod[1].gif
post #1859 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlee388 View Post

Well Asobu, whether these codes are relevant across seasons, it's still interesting to archive them ( Ivwri's the man! ) and note how serious Yohji is in choosing fabrics for his clothes. There is a fabric I came across with ONE % polyurethane in it ( a SS09 pant, 010 ), what that tiniest % of that material does to a fabric, maybe someone has a textile background can explain, but it's fascinating all the same.
To further cause controversy, the SS07 Look 2 suit has different rayon/ramie blend codes ( same season ) for the blazer and pants ( 224 & 203 respectively ) but the exact same composition. Maybe to do with the different thickness. Perhaps syed had a point...

Hehe, well, I don't want to get into a debate about this but my comment this time wasn't related to whether it's not worth archiving them or not, I just wanted to bring up that I don't think those cotton fabrics (despite both being 100% I assume) would be the same even though they share the same composition. However, like Ivwri also confirmed, it's good to know this so you guys can detail the season when archiving these codes since they can vary - as you already made clear in this post, as 010 for instance is used for different fabrics in several seasons.
post #1860 of 5710
another short video of the SS13 show. a few different looks than the marie-claire version. and I was wrong, there were hats. they just all turned up at the end. :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)