Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 116post #1726 of 65336/30/12 at 10:18amI'm about 5'8" (172cm) so not much taller. The size 2 black pants with the gathered hem are better in length for me, but the size 3 white pants have more volume everywhere which is nice for that billow effect. I think either would work fine for you. fwiw, the size 2 are a bit snug in the waist for me (I'm a 32") where the size 3 I have to cinch.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1727 of 65336/30/12 at 10:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
I'm about 5'8" (172cm) so not much taller. The size 2 black pants with the gathered hem are better in length for me, but the size 3 white pants have more volume everywhere which is nice for that billow effect. I think either would work fine for you. fwiw, the size 2 are a bit snug in the waist for me (I'm a 32") where the size 3 I have to cinch.
Thanks. It was a rush-of-blood bid on Y! thinking I won't win them! I've been to HK and London Conduit and didn't try a single pair on..... My waist is about 30/31" so the cinch will work. Just worry they're gonna hit past my anklespost #1728 of 65336/30/12 at 10:40amQuote:
Great, a showpiece going to a rightful home. Considering super efficient Rex and HK EMS expect to see a fit pic in a few days as long as he's back frrom Japanpost #1729 of 65336/30/12 at 10:51ampost #1730 of 65336/30/12 at 3:02pm
I just came across this very interesting heavy coat on Ebay. It seems to be a women's coat, although to me it looks like it would fit a man far better, because of the bulk. Not thinking of buying it because the price is prohibitively high for me, but it's an interesting piece. I love the irregular shape and buttons. Anyone known what season this might be from.post #1731 of 65336/30/12 at 4:34pmthe trousers I wanted were sold out by the time i got back and I hadn't asked them to keep them aside , called Luis at the Paris store and he didn't have them either
* 10 ^ 10Quote:Originally Posted by davidlee388Quote:
That''s the one, the SAs there called those the " cruise collection " or pre-AW stuff which just arrived recently, hence no sale. They are clearly SS12 stuff which baffle me about being " newest, therefore no discount " . We in Europe are always getting a rubbish deal in anything Yohji.
turns out it's not actually a suit but a coat and trousers in different fabrics but same colors. the guy who does the FB page for the store was confused when I said "suit" but we figured it out based on the pics he had put up hehpost #1732 of 65336/30/12 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
the trousers I wanted were sold out by the time i got back and I hadn't asked them to keep them aside , called Luis at the Paris store and he didn't have them either
* 10 ^ 10
turns out it's not actually a suit but a coat and trousers in different fabrics but same colors. the guy who does the FB page for the store was confused when I said "suit" but we figured it out based on the pics he had put up heh
Oh sorry about the confusion, just that Wire, Valter & others call this " Yohji Jacket " and accompanying Hakamas as the Yohji Suit....
Anyway did you try it on? I believe it's amazing cut wise.post #1733 of 65337/1/12 at 12:36ampost #1734 of 65337/1/12 at 12:52am
What I wore last night:-
I don't have a lot of non-black stuff but I like this, YYPH AW06 Look 8 Striped Slash Blazer. HB-J12-129, 100% wool, in a purple/blue fabric with grey stripes. 5B stand collar fold-over closure, cut-away style, nice soft fabric, fully lined, buttonless sleeves, triple stitching at the panel edges giving them structure. Not cold enough to wear scarf through the 5 slashes. Size 2. Great construction.
Worn over a basic navy Tee. YYPH SS10 black cotton pants with cuff hems, HJ-P12-008, 100% cotton, dry hand and thin, oversized waist in size 2, needed a belt. The cuff hems sit just right imo. CDG H+ belt. Y-3 Black Leather Hejarklack Hi-top sneakers.
Detailed shot of fabricpost #1735 of 65337/1/12 at 11:34amThread Starterpost #1736 of 65337/1/12 at 11:39amQuote:
It's good for fall if worn with a shirt. The blazer is not that thick because of the slashes. However layer it with a scarf through them will make it good for winter I reckon.post #1737 of 65337/1/12 at 12:00pm
Y's Yohji Yamamoto AW05 Pitti Uomo Tartan 2B blazer ( MN-J07-128 ) excellent 52/48 wool/linen soft hand blend, Cut-away style, superb construction, off-white cotton lining, size 3 ( passed on by Wire the Legend ) very boxy, great short silhouette, I had the sleeves tailored. Worn over a basic Tee.
Y's for men AW08 cotton pants ( ME-P52-074 ) 100% cotton, thick interlocked with double lining, feels like wool, size 2, huge drawstring waist ( >40" ) and length ( tailored to be folded twice lol ) Very oversized but it's comfort I'm after these days. CDG H+ belt, Timberland shoes.post #1738 of 65337/1/12 at 5:18pmanyone have info on these pants? how the material is, how slim the hem is, yada yada. thanks
edit: forgot to include the link....sorry
Edited by Magic1 - 7/1/12 at 8:58pmpost #1739 of 65337/2/12 at 1:36amThread StarterSorry Magic1, no experience with those pants in particular myself. Have you sent an email to forward asking for measurements and about the fabric? Surprised they don't even have the fabric composition listed on the page.
David, it seems like those types of jackets really suit you. Like how you used it as the one piece of color to brighten the look. Quite like the cutaway style of blazer and hope to pick something like that up at some point. I also especially like those overly long Yohji pants that end up requiring multiple cuffs at the hem, hehe.post #1740 of 65337/2/12 at 3:42am
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 9 seconds ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 25 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 12 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...