Just wondering, is there a place to find older Yohji shows? Just want to skim through the archives, so to speak.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 103post #1531 of 66556/23/12 at 12:03pmpost #1532 of 66556/23/12 at 12:20pm^ pants are a good way to get into it, pppp. Esp. if they've got a fuller cut. You can get used the the volume and see how it goes with your other stuff.
As for past shows, GQ has all the pour homme back to Spring 05. Earlier seasons can be found by digging through this thread, some things on SZ, Fashion Spot, YouTube and random pics on blogs. It's cool to see the progression and continuity over the years.post #1533 of 66556/23/12 at 12:27pmThread StarterHmm, well the most comprehensive I have seen is on vogue.co.uk with the oldest Pour Homme show they have being S/S2003. You can also try SZ which also has some YYPH threads.
As for pre 2000s, well tumblr and various books would be your best bet. I think asobu has quite a few archival images, I really should get off my lazy butt and try and sort through all the pages on here to get as many of the older images catalogued on a tumblr or something...
EDIT - Oh yeah, like Parker said, Fashion Spot has some good stuff too.post #1534 of 66556/23/12 at 12:44pmThread Starterpost #1535 of 66556/23/12 at 12:49pmp4, I echo the others and think the wool gab pants would be the best choice out of those 3, a definite wardrobe staple that you can easily wear even if you don't feel like going deeper into the YY pool.
For archival images, there's unfortunately no good source. On TFS you can see pretty much every show from SS00 so that's a good start, on firstview.com you can pay to see some of the older shows (for mens back to AW97, womens to SS96 I believe). Other than that, I'm not sure how many shows Catwalking has in their archive, but you need some fashion insider to get to those - and I guess people are not allowed to spead them for public viewing. Some japanese magazines has published a few archive images (like the AW95/SS96/AW96 we posted here earlier) but those are just a small selection and very small/low quality stuff, unfortunately.
I guess we can post up some older collections here? I posted most of SS98 ealier in this thread, I could try to post up AW98 and SS99 as well eventually.
I really wish there was a good solid archive of quality pics, going back past AW05, all that seem to exist are those small-ish images from vogue or style.com. A pity for sure.post #1536 of 66556/23/12 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #1537 of 66556/23/12 at 12:54pmIvwri, that one looks nice, really like the sleeves. For YYPH, I'm not sure if there are many good raincoats. Can't think of any right now. There were a few heavy cotton coats in the AW06 collection that would do, but those would be too heavy for you for most of the year I think. I do like the two coats Parker posted on the last page, though the first (AW03) coat wouldn't be so good as a raincoat. Fabric is a flannel-y wool/cotton/nylon blend I believe. It's massive though, really cool details like 2 belts on the back and 6 front pockets (3 on each side)!post #1538 of 66556/23/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterI think I will go for the coat. Looks like delivery is 3 - 4 weeks so will be getting here just when the rainy season gets into full swing. Doesn't seem to be too warm from the fabric description and always nice to be Eco-friendly, hehe.
6 front pockets is insane! I would love something like that, haha.post #1539 of 66556/23/12 at 1:13pmI guess the mystique and joy of acquiring older YYPH pieces are partly due to the lack of runway pictures and a magnifier or close-ups available on recent shows on Vogue.com and other sources. AW05 is for example one of my favorite YYPH collections, the concept, use of fabrics and execution were just breathtaking. I have a few runway pieces ( not enough! ) from it that absolutely enthral me after I received them because so many delightful, interesting & clever details were discovered that were not revealed on the pictures.post #1540 of 66556/23/12 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by asobu
Ivwri, that one looks nice, really like the sleeves. For YYPH, I'm not sure if there are many good raincoats. Can't think of any right now. There were a few heavy cotton coats in the AW06 collection that would do, but those would be too heavy for you for most of the year I think. I do like the two coats Parker posted on the last page, though the first (AW03) coat wouldn't be so good as a raincoat. Fabric is a flannel-y wool/cotton/nylon blend I believe. It's massive though, really cool details like 2 belts on the back and 6 front pockets (3 on each side)!
How about this one:-
Y's AW08, big 3-D pockets, big concealed hood, 100% cotton ( 024 fabric ). Even though it's AW08 it's unlined and easy to wear. The model is very tall that makes this lookl quite short, sz 3 length is about 108cm.post #1541 of 66556/23/12 at 1:46pmpost #1542 of 66556/23/12 at 2:05pmThread StarterAlso have a look at the OP for the thread, I have indexed (in rough order of appearance) the videos and photos of various shows that have been posted in the thread. Still going through the thread, but should get you started.Quote:Originally Posted by davidlee388
How about this one:- Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Y's AW08, big 3-D pockets, big concealed hood, 100% cotton ( 024 fabric ). Even though it's AW08 it's unlined and easy to wear. The model is very tall that makes this lookl quite short, sz 3 length is about 108cm.
Damn that looks so nice! Is the cotton coated? Seen it available anywhere to buy ?post #1543 of 66556/23/12 at 2:06pmThread Starterpost #1544 of 66556/23/12 at 2:13pm
What do you mean coated? You mean waxed? I don't think YYPH/Y's have any pieces that are truly rain-proof imo. Think you need to try Y-3 for more techno ( Gortex? ) stuff ( SS12 Y-3 a " Fusion Coat " http://www.y-3store.com/gb/full-length-jacket_cod41264222eq.html that may meet your brief )
PS. that AW08 Y's is part of my collection in sz 3. .post #1545 of 66556/23/12 at 2:19pmThread StarterAh ok, that jacket is really nice! Yeah, I wish he did a few utitlity things like raincoats would make mainline a one-stop shop for everything, .
I was looking at some Y-3 stuff for the raincoat as well actually and sneakers. Will post if I end up picking anything up. Might be getting one for the missus as well. Ended up grabbing the Rain poncho I posted above. Will report back when I get it as well.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › things that are making you happy 40 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...