Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 79post #1171 of 66215/20/12 at 7:30amThat SS07 suspender blazer is truly amazing. Many iterations with different fabrics, lapels and cuts. That blazer is Rex Woo's stuff. He trades on eBay under comma comma but he has a physical ' showroom ' in Hong Kong. That blazer may have been sold in the shop rather than eBayed. However sometimes he takes items off eBay if they are not sold and re-lists them after a while so watch out or ask him directly.post #1172 of 66215/20/12 at 7:30ampost #1173 of 66215/20/12 at 7:31am^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1174 of 66215/20/12 at 8:51ampost #1175 of 66215/20/12 at 9:05amThread StarterQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by asobu
^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah I see. Yeah, now that I have seen the second pic asobu posted, it must have being lighting for sure. I DO have to look for the jacket now don't I? Hehe. Well, will see if it comes up anywhere. Looking for that belt as well.Quote:
Is it confirmed then?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1176 of 66215/20/12 at 9:06ampost #1177 of 66215/20/12 at 9:11amThread Starterpost #1178 of 66215/20/12 at 9:41amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
this it's illustration for vogue homme japan where he was interviewed along raf simons and junya. he it's on london's schedule but you never know.
he it's been active here too:
btw you said you looking for yohji hat: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kind-u/041104001944/post #1179 of 66215/20/12 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #1180 of 66215/20/12 at 2:56pmpost #1181 of 66215/21/12 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Thanks for the tip kiko, will think about it. Looks great.
Also davidlee thanks for the info on comma comma. Will shoot him a message once I get some spare dough so that if he does still have it or another iteration I can pick it up. Maybe I will get lucky and get the size 4 .
Ivwri, you will find Rex Woo on Facebook. I have met him, a cool guy. Asobu told me that particular iteration of the Suspender Blazer fitted him in sz 3 so that may be fine for you? The suspender series is quite generously cut so only the sleeves for you to worry about in sz 3.post #1182 of 66215/21/12 at 8:19ampost #1183 of 66215/21/12 at 8:39ampost #1184 of 66215/21/12 at 8:47amGood question ^ I've noticed Yohji's own sneakers are usually upscale riffs on classics like Chuck Taylors with signature details or special treatments. Then there's the Y3 stuff which is more futuristic/technical. Yohji showed a bunch of Y-3 sneakers with the Pour Homme line a couple seasons ago. I'd love these indigo garment dyed low tops, but I think something similar like an all one color Chuck Taylor, Common Projects or even the lowly Superga can also work.
FW12post #1185 of 66215/21/12 at 10:17amThread StarterParker and snow pretty much said everything I think. Either go with low profile sneaks or chunky hi-tops like the one in the AW10 collection that Parker posted (4th from bottom).
Boots work well of course and so do derbies.
Speaking of shoes, if you want to pick up the Yohji low-top sneaks from this season, I would advise sizing up one. I picked up the largest size they had on LN-CC which was equivalent to a Yohji 5 and they are pretty snug. If I could have sized up one more they would have been perfect. I think I am a true 44.5 and wear 44 in Ann D, KVA, and a 45 in last season MMM GATs.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Eidos Napoli 18 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...