Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 79post #1171 of 65335/20/12 at 7:30amThat SS07 suspender blazer is truly amazing. Many iterations with different fabrics, lapels and cuts. That blazer is Rex Woo's stuff. He trades on eBay under comma comma but he has a physical ' showroom ' in Hong Kong. That blazer may have been sold in the shop rather than eBayed. However sometimes he takes items off eBay if they are not sold and re-lists them after a while so watch out or ask him directly.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1172 of 65335/20/12 at 7:30ampost #1173 of 65335/20/12 at 7:31am^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1174 of 65335/20/12 at 8:51ampost #1175 of 65335/20/12 at 9:05amThread StarterQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by asobu
^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ah I see. Yeah, now that I have seen the second pic asobu posted, it must have being lighting for sure. I DO have to look for the jacket now don't I? Hehe. Well, will see if it comes up anywhere. Looking for that belt as well.Quote:
Is it confirmed then?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1176 of 65335/20/12 at 9:06ampost #1177 of 65335/20/12 at 9:11amThread Starterpost #1178 of 65335/20/12 at 9:41amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
this it's illustration for vogue homme japan where he was interviewed along raf simons and junya. he it's on london's schedule but you never know.
he it's been active here too:
btw you said you looking for yohji hat: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kind-u/041104001944/post #1179 of 65335/20/12 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #1180 of 65335/20/12 at 2:56pmpost #1181 of 65335/21/12 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Thanks for the tip kiko, will think about it. Looks great.
Also davidlee thanks for the info on comma comma. Will shoot him a message once I get some spare dough so that if he does still have it or another iteration I can pick it up. Maybe I will get lucky and get the size 4 .
Ivwri, you will find Rex Woo on Facebook. I have met him, a cool guy. Asobu told me that particular iteration of the Suspender Blazer fitted him in sz 3 so that may be fine for you? The suspender series is quite generously cut so only the sleeves for you to worry about in sz 3.post #1182 of 65335/21/12 at 8:19ampost #1183 of 65335/21/12 at 8:39ampost #1184 of 65335/21/12 at 8:47amGood question ^ I've noticed Yohji's own sneakers are usually upscale riffs on classics like Chuck Taylors with signature details or special treatments. Then there's the Y3 stuff which is more futuristic/technical. Yohji showed a bunch of Y-3 sneakers with the Pour Homme line a couple seasons ago. I'd love these indigo garment dyed low tops, but I think something similar like an all one color Chuck Taylor, Common Projects or even the lowly Superga can also work.
FW12post #1185 of 65335/21/12 at 10:17amThread StarterParker and snow pretty much said everything I think. Either go with low profile sneaks or chunky hi-tops like the one in the AW10 collection that Parker posted (4th from bottom).
Boots work well of course and so do derbies.
Speaking of shoes, if you want to pick up the Yohji low-top sneaks from this season, I would advise sizing up one. I picked up the largest size they had on LN-CC which was equivalent to a Yohji 5 and they are pretty snug. If I could have sized up one more they would have been perfect. I think I am a true 44.5 and wear 44 in Ann D, KVA, and a 45 in last season MMM GATs.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 21 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 25 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...