Edited by Parker - 5/14/12 at 6:16pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 76post #1126 of 65335/14/12 at 5:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1127 of 65335/15/12 at 12:09amHey that fits you pretty well, looks good for a pre-1991 suit! Better than I expected tbh. Like you said the sleeves are short, and they often are on his older pieces because they are designed to fit boxy on shorter people than you and me in a size M. I think Parker had some good suggestions, maybe you try something like that? I can see what you mean with it being a bit on the conservative side though, but I wouldn't disregard it just yet, I'm sure you can find some way to make it more your own. The pants seem to fit you very well.post #1128 of 65335/15/12 at 1:29amThread StarterJust to chime in and agree with what Parker and asobu have said so far. I like how the suit fits and I especially like how the pants look on you. Like Parker said, rolling up the pants and wearing it with boots could help a little bit with making it look a little less conventional if you wear it as a suit. -
Not the best example (Click to show)
Those pants seem to have a lot of mileage worn on their own for sure. Maybe if you wear the jacket open and try to bring in the edge/weird with an interesting/untucked shirt or with different pants (high-waist, suspenders or something like that)?
I dunno... (Click to show)post #1129 of 65335/15/12 at 7:53amI'm going to parrot everyone else and agree with Parker on rolling the pants and wearing with boots. Also, agree with Ivwri on wearing the jacket open with an untucked shirt that has some character (and maybe fits long?). The jacket worn as it is looks a bit too fitted. I wish it fit a bit boxier. Maybe just me though.post #1130 of 65335/15/12 at 10:31amI'm guessing it's a bit boxier than the photo lets on, but for a more chaplin-esque look the jacket might need to be shorter and more taken in at the waist. He did a chaplin inspired collection back in the end of the 80's but those jackets were snugger over the chest and with a stronger cutaway. Anyway, I think the first pic Ivwri posted is pretty much what I thought of when Parker posted his suggestion, the AW11 collection had lots of pants with a similar cut to those, rolled and paired with boots.
Speaking of grey 3 button suits, this is one of my favorite presentations of one (from ss00). No specific detailing or lapel tricks or anyting, just formality broken down with overly long sleeves, stuffed (patch) pockets and stacked over leather sandals. These pants are totally different though.
On another note while on the topic of more formal 3 button suits, after 2 years of searching I just recently got my hands on the Dr Y.Y./kamikaze/newspaper blazer from SS09 (to finally complete the suit). Let me tell you, it's fucking perfect for travelling, totally negating any need for a bag due to the massive inner pockets. When I went to Vienna I fit my wallet, keys, passport, phone, book, boarding pass, pen and paper, etc. in there, and there was still a couple of pockets empty with enough space for a notebook, cigarettes and a bottle of whisky if one would be so inclined. The fabric is a bit more "elegant" than usual Yohji fare (I'm just so used to gabardine now) so I was worried it might bring up the formality a bit too much with the complete suit, but the ghetto tailored stitched up sleeve cuffs and the embroidery helped with taking it down a notch. Also it got properly broken in already the first night, danced for hours in some sweaty, smoke infused basement and then the jacket somehow ended up on the dirty concrete floor underneath some massive beams. After I finally managed to yank it out beaten and bruised I felt the formality had indeed been taken down a bit.post #1131 of 65335/15/12 at 10:59amThread StarterCongrats on the pickup! Sounds. Like you celebrated the acquisition in a very appropriate manner, hehe.
I would definitely like to get my hands on one of those jackets. Or if Yohji decides to do another iteration of it. Must be hella confusing for airport security I can imagine.
"Why does your jacket have so many compartments sir?"post #1132 of 65335/15/12 at 11:00ampost #1133 of 65335/15/12 at 11:32amFound a Y's jacket I'm really considering trying out (below). It's size 2, which is what I assumed I would be since I normally wear a small or 46 (also, I'm 5'9", if that helps). But the shoulder-to-shoulder measures 16" and pit-to-pit is 18", which seems very fitted. I suspect it will be too small for me, unless there's something the measurements aren't telling me.post #1134 of 65335/15/12 at 11:38ampost #1135 of 65335/15/12 at 11:44ampost #1136 of 65335/15/12 at 12:07pmpost #1137 of 65335/15/12 at 12:17pm
what does it says on the label? looks women to me..Quote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Found a Y's jacket I'm really considering trying out (below). It's size 2, which is what I assumed I would be since I normally wear a small or 46 (also, I'm 5'9", if that helps). But the shoulder-to-shoulder measures 16" and pit-to-pit is 18", which seems very fitted. I suspect it will be too small for me, unless there's something the measurements aren't telling me.post #1138 of 65335/15/12 at 12:27pmpost #1139 of 65335/15/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
i found the one you posted on ebay. it's from dialcube and it's women jacket. they often got their jacket mixed up and use wrong images as references. tricky seller.post #1140 of 65335/15/12 at 12:41pm
i'm thinking of buying this for the sake of it and if it's too small and funny on me will give it to my girl friend. http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOHJI-YAMAMOTO-Navy-Pant-Suit-SZ-S-M-100-Wool-Pleated-Pants-/160790882029?pt=US_CSA_WC_Suits&hash=item256fe226ed#ht_500wt_1197
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 43 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 53 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?