Edited by Parker - 5/14/12 at 6:16pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 76
Styleforum Top Picks
Not the best example (Click to show)
Those pants seem to have a lot of mileage worn on their own for sure. Maybe if you wear the jacket open and try to bring in the edge/weird with an interesting/untucked shirt or with different pants (high-waist, suspenders or something like that)?
I dunno... (Click to show)
Speaking of grey 3 button suits, this is one of my favorite presentations of one (from ss00). No specific detailing or lapel tricks or anyting, just formality broken down with overly long sleeves, stuffed (patch) pockets and stacked over leather sandals. These pants are totally different though.
On another note while on the topic of more formal 3 button suits, after 2 years of searching I just recently got my hands on the Dr Y.Y./kamikaze/newspaper blazer from SS09 (to finally complete the suit). Let me tell you, it's fucking perfect for travelling, totally negating any need for a bag due to the massive inner pockets. When I went to Vienna I fit my wallet, keys, passport, phone, book, boarding pass, pen and paper, etc. in there, and there was still a couple of pockets empty with enough space for a notebook, cigarettes and a bottle of whisky if one would be so inclined. The fabric is a bit more "elegant" than usual Yohji fare (I'm just so used to gabardine now) so I was worried it might bring up the formality a bit too much with the complete suit, but the ghetto tailored stitched up sleeve cuffs and the embroidery helped with taking it down a notch. Also it got properly broken in already the first night, danced for hours in some sweaty, smoke infused basement and then the jacket somehow ended up on the dirty concrete floor underneath some massive beams. After I finally managed to yank it out beaten and bruised I felt the formality had indeed been taken down a bit.
I would definitely like to get my hands on one of those jackets. Or if Yohji decides to do another iteration of it. Must be hella confusing for airport security I can imagine.
"Why does your jacket have so many compartments sir?"
what does it says on the label? looks women to me..
Found a Y's jacket I'm really considering trying out (below). It's size 2, which is what I assumed I would be since I normally wear a small or 46 (also, I'm 5'9", if that helps). But the shoulder-to-shoulder measures 16" and pit-to-pit is 18", which seems very fitted. I suspect it will be too small for me, unless there's something the measurements aren't telling me.
i found the one you posted on ebay. it's from dialcube and it's women jacket. they often got their jacket mixed up and use wrong images as references. tricky seller.
i'm thinking of buying this for the sake of it and if it's too small and funny on me will give it to my girl friend. http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOHJI-YAMAMOTO-Navy-Pant-Suit-SZ-S-M-100-Wool-Pleated-Pants-/160790882029?pt=US_CSA_WC_Suits&hash=item256fe226ed#ht_500wt_1197
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- › First post and needing some help 30 seconds ago
- › Barker 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Can you shorten a suit jacket? 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › B.Nelson does a great job 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...